Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Top 20

What would your list say?

Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region
12-Oct-2020 15:48 Message #4794942
Hello Folks!!! :D

So browsing Youtube and in front of me was a video, something like "Top 20 things men need to stop doing, according to women" now the list had one or two valid things in it, most were just little things, others were daft things. Which got me thinking.....

What, if any, things do you wish people of your own gender/sex would stop doing?

Doesn't have to be 20 things, could be less or more...

Most of my list is centred around honesty, could guys be more honest? Could they please stop taking their own lives at alarming numbers, and when they are younger.... please drive a bit more sensible. I also wish men would stick together more, be more united with each other.

Over to you folks!
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire
12-Oct-2020 17:41 Message #4794952
I wish women would stop complaining that every man is trying to take advantage of them whether it is sexually or when they take their car in for a service.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
12-Oct-2020 18:55 Message #4794959
I wish people of both genders would listen to each other and not have a list of questions at the ready when if they'd listened to you in the first place they wouldn't be asking.

I wish people would stop trying to take advantage of each other whether its taking your car for a service or getting a builder/tradesperson or trying to get them to do something more personal.

I wish people would stop being jealous and small minded.

I wish people would stop trying to set up gender wars.

I think that will do for now.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
12-Oct-2020 19:49 Message #4794964
Women stop being bitchy to each other
Women stop wearing half a bottle of perfume in a small office
Women who constantly moan diets don't work as they eat another chocolate biscuit
Women who constantly make out they are better than men
And finally women who ask, does my bum look big in this? Lol
Female
Madness102  Female  South Yorkshire
13-Oct-2020 04:47 Message #4794986
Andromeda (you are on the wrong thread!!) *

Maybe it has never happened to you, but men are always trying to take advantage of women, especially car mechanics !!!

See thread on Astronomy !!
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
13-Oct-2020 07:45 Message #4794992
Very good Madness LOLOL
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
13-Oct-2020 08:11 Message #4794998
Men should always leave the toilet seat up and not pander to female quirks lol.
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
13-Oct-2020 09:02 Message #4795001
I wish people would stop making lists and get on with life.

Trevor
Male
13-Oct-2020 09:09 Message #4795003
"And finally women who ask, does my bum look big in this? Lol"

Just out of curiosity Euro..... What is the correct answer?

These days big, over inflated bums seem to be quite fashionable. If a man got asked in the 90's and he said "No, your arse doesn't look big!" it was considered the correct answer.

Now if he says that..... Is it an insult? Lol
Male
13-Oct-2020 09:15 Message #4795004
"Maybe it has never happened to you, but men are always trying to take advantage of women, especially car mechanics !!!"

Take advantage in what way? like "Right dear, we fixed your alternator valves, greased your brake discs and we drained all the oil out your sump..... Will you be paying cash/card or sex?" Hehehe
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire
13-Oct-2020 09:53 Message #4795010
What would my list say?
Let me sleep!
Female
13-Oct-2020 19:06 Message #4795065
I wish people would stop saying to me, 'what do you mean?' Manthing is particularly bad at this to the point where I wonder if we speak the same language! I'm sure if I burst into his room in the middle of the night and said, 'get up and get out, the house is on fire', he's ask me what I meant and lie there and argue with me and probably turn over and go back to sleep too.
Female
13-Oct-2020 19:40 Message #4795067
Bob I agree actually nowadays it's more likely these days to be "does my belly look big? Or are my bingo wings big" lol lol
And the correct answer is always the truth lol
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
13-Oct-2020 22:55 Message #4795086
I never comment on a ladies bingo wings.

Male
14-Oct-2020 07:59 Message #4795093
"I wish people would stop saying to me, 'what do you mean?' "

If it happens regularly, and with different people, then perhaps it's your communication that's the issue not them?
Male
14-Oct-2020 08:12 Message #4795095
"Bob I agree actually nowadays it's more likely these days to be "does my belly look big? Or are my bingo wings big" lol lol
And the correct answer is always the truth lol"

Yes, I know.... Unfortunately when people, not just women, ask me a question, I very often miss that signal that they want to hear nice things, not the truth.... and I blurt out the blatant truth, rather than wrap the truthy up in a nice wee bow and ribbon!
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
14-Oct-2020 08:26 Message #4795098
Under the rules of the thread....this should be about my own gender/sex.....and although it also applies to my own....it mainly applies to women.......

Stop Botoxing your bloody lips.........It looks totally crazy......Weird...........Unhuman.......Massive pumped up lips.......Why???????

Surely nobody can think it makes them look better?.........sexier?........

I usually puke when I see one............

Is it meant to give better blow jobs or something??.........Why can't you give blow jobs with normal lips?.....

Rant over.....
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
14-Oct-2020 08:32 Message #4795100
Its a craze for young girls hardly out of their teens to have botox and other lip enhancements. A great shame anyone wants to change their appearance to such a degree.
Female
14-Oct-2020 11:09 Message #4795116
No I think what I'm saying is perfectly clear, I think some people, Manthing in particular, seem to only be able to answer something someone else says with a question. I think its a power thing, making another explain themselves over something not that important, its also a good way of avoiding a question, if I were to ask, for example, 'have you seen the kitchen scissors?' a simple no or tell me where they are would a normal answer, not 'why would you ask me such a question' in an aqusatory manner.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
14-Oct-2020 11:33 Message #4795120
I hear your side of the arguments wh.......It would be interesting to hear from anyone who comes into contact with you.....I'm sure they would have some stories to tell.....

And to negate the post a bit......it also applies to all of us......We see things one way.....The people we are in contact with often see something completely different......
Female
14-Oct-2020 19:06 Message #4795146
I'm sure they would Tumbled, as would "they" would of any of us, but this thread isn't about me.
Female
14-Oct-2020 20:32 Message #4795155
Lol lol lol botox lips and blow jobs!!!!! Hilarious love it
Male
Kimjongun  Male  South Yorkshire
14-Oct-2020 21:17 Message #4795159
I am told lady in town give best blow jobs. nothing to do with lips.
She have no teeth!
Maybe that next craze, ladies have teeth out?
Male
15-Oct-2020 08:46 Message #4795180
"Stop Botoxing your bloody lips.........It looks totally crazy......Weird...........Unhuman.......Massive pumped up lips.......Why???????
Surely nobody can think it makes them look better?.........sexier?........
Is it meant to give better blow jobs or something??.........Why can't you give blow jobs with normal lips?....."

Well I agree with you.... 80%! As I've seen some girls who have had their lips inflated, not overly inflated but inflated none the less, and they looked good. When you see them overly pumped up, yes they look stupid.

Why do they do it?

I don't think it's anything to do with better blowjobs, as I think pleasing men orally will be low on their list of priorities. My guess is its more to do with their Instagram profiles. If all their favourite Insta models have "perfect" lips, and have pictures on their profile of them enjoying exotic locations, constantly being pictured with the top brands of clothing and accessories... They just want to be like them, and hopefully one day some rich man will "discover" them, and fly them about, taking them on shopping sprees in Paris and Milan.... Only place they are likely to see is Dubai!!!! LMFAO

In away, it's better that they inflate their lips away up.... lets you kind of know what kind of person they are on sight.
Male
15-Oct-2020 08:47 Message #4795181
"I hear your side of the arguments wh.......It would be interesting to hear from anyone who comes into contact with you.....I'm sure they would have some stories to tell....."

Yes, very interesting I'd say!

Help with conversations