Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What name

Would you choose?

Female
Madness102  Female  South Yorkshire
13-Sep-2020 22:50 Message #4792246
Following on from H-Bob's thread re changing names etc...

If you could choose a name for yourself what would it be? Some film star perhaps, or an inanimate object?

I think I would like to be named Ms Runcible Spoon - but then again people would shorten it to Runny ... oh well I will have to think of another . . .
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region
13-Sep-2020 23:20 Message #4792247
I've heard the name Rick Ross some where.... Sounds good!

I recall a guy from the Sopranos called Bobby Bacala also sounds quite good!

I remember a wrestling promoter from the 90's Tennessee Lee and when he was introducing himself "I'm Tennessee Lee Thats T-E double N-E Double S Double E Lee!"

A nick name I did have years back as a Bus Driving Instructor was Bob The Bastard!

But I think Madness H-Bob abbreviation takes the win!!!
Male
Kimjongun  Male  South Yorkshire
14-Sep-2020 01:32 Message #4792258
I would be Hiero Phunt.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
14-Sep-2020 08:22 Message #4792270
A great question. I read it and thought I'd like to be named ....... then my mind went blank lol.
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London
14-Sep-2020 09:17 Message #4792272
I would be Clark Kent. When I'm introduced and people begin to say something about Superman I would quickly hush them with a complicit wink.
Female
Madness102  Female  South Yorkshire
14-Sep-2020 10:25 Message #4792281
Love the Ten S E, Bob,
I once heard in a film (or somewhere) a guy said

"My name is Lewis Lewis, no I don't stutter, my first name is the same as my last"

Help with conversations