Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Huggy Thread

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire
13-Sep-2020 07:46 Message #4792166
Good morning fellow huggers,

An early start for me as I am house sitting, grandchildren and dog sitting while my son and his wife have gone away to Stratford Upon Avon for a belated anniversary treat.

It's a beautiful sunny day here and quite still. What's your weather like?

I have no plans other than some ironing when I eventually get home later this evening. The rest of my day will be spent entertaining the youngest child. The eldest is working today dont know if the middle one has plans.

Have a lovely say whatever you're doing. Stay safe (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Female
Sea  Female  Essex
13-Sep-2020 08:42 Message #4792173
Good Morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers,
I am now back at home after two and a half weeks house sitting in Exmouth and then three nights at a massive place near Lymington. two dogs, five sheep and six chickens surrounded by large lanscaped gardens, fields and woods.. Plenty on yummy eggs each day and the sheep only required counting. I arrived home late on Friday after negotiating the M25 car park. Now catching up on things. Mowed the foot high lawn yesterday and one of my daughters anf family popped over for a short while. Lovely and sunny here at the moment but undecided on plans as yet; may just sort a few things out and relax for a change.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) to all.

(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))
Male
elrond  Male  the Highlands and Islands of Scotland
13-Sep-2020 09:21 Message #4792177
G'morning twinkle, (((hugs)))
wet here so will be staying close to my stove
(((hugs))) to all
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire
13-Sep-2020 10:00 Message #4792187
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday huggers...

I`m late this morning, but I was still up! Yesterday I went around the `other` way for my walk, which basically means I went by another road round the farm. I used to go this way either Saturday or Sunday but since March I`ve more or less stopped. And they`ve demolished a bungalow and stared the footings of another building. Today with this in mind I went to The Wildlife Park via Brockholes Lane and saw a house advertised for destruction and rebuilding. I know it`s not so earth shattering but it`s the sort of thing that keeps me interested.
My little job has finished...a partial pointing of my house and yesterday the last clematitis had it`s supports built and I had 3 extra hanging baskets built on the fence.
The weather is forecast to 24c but the wind is forecast is for the wind to be fresh, however it`s 25c tomorrow with a gentle breeze.

hugs hugs hugs
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands
13-Sep-2020 10:05 Message #4792189
Good morning Twinkle and all you fellow Sunday huggers :)

A lovely bright sunny start to the day here in the West Midlands, not much else happening here apart from my usual household chores and the obligatory weekly grass mowing, thats about it really, i can’t remember the last time i bought fuel for my car, i think its doing about 3 months to the gallon, TBH i’m using more fuel in my mower and trimmer than my car, I’ve never felt so depressed in all my life :(

Have a lovely day and week ahead everyone but remember keep your wits about you and stay safe.

Sunday hugs to you all :)

(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) )))Hugs((( (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))

Andy Mac
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire
13-Sep-2020 10:14 Message #4792193
Morning Twinkle

Well just one more week of Self Isolation to do, so finish on September 19th, then I can go sailing.

So have been busy at home, upon return I have cut the lawns. Done a lot of weeding, and reduced the height of the hedge by about 6 inches (I have Ivy which has grown through the hedge and the stems have thickened up to an extent of the hedge trimmer refuses to so cut so down to breaking or cut with secateurs?) As it happens one of my neighbours had a petrol powered hedge trimmer and so helped me reduce the time in so cutting.
I now have a total of 9 bags worth of hedge trimmings to take to the dump.
In respect to the dump one has to sign in before going down, which is a minor pain, and on the first occasion I was so allowed to dump, on the basis of next time do it correctly?

Today looks to be not a lot of wind so issues about not sailing.

Mike
(((Hug to All)))
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
13-Sep-2020 11:29 Message #4792207
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Been up a while, determined to enjoy this 'Indian Summer'. Already been for a walk and after brunch I will spend an afternoon in the garden.

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex
13-Sep-2020 12:03 Message #4792212
good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers {{{HUGS}}} to you all.
Nice and sunny here and I have finished the household tasks and now for a coffee on the patio celebrating the birthday of a o family member in the Netherlands - just an excuse to put a drop of brandy in the coffee !
Had a busy week and had to make some BIG decisions ( I am not very good at that on my own ) but I may have shot bulls eye yesterday selling a house. Fingers crossed !
This afternoon a bit of pottering about in the garden, then trying my new sewing machine out hemming some trousers , a few more chapters reading a beautifully written book , collecting the dogs in the evening to give my daughter and her husband a little more time in the morning to travel to work on Monday , a portal chat with my son and that is my Sunday gone.
Wished I could share my Sunday meal with someone and have a chat .
Keep safe, stay alert and enjoy each moment you can . leogirl.
Female
16-Sep-2020 18:07 Message #4792466
Hello Sea,

What a lovely part of the country to have been in. A rural idyll. Was the M25 as bad as it usually is or has Covid meant less traffic? A foot high lawn, you must have been away for a while.

Stay safe and have a good rest of the week (((HUGS)))
Female
16-Sep-2020 18:08 Message #4792467
Hello elrond,

Sounds like you'll be warm and toasty.

Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
16-Sep-2020 18:11 Message #4792468
Hello Keithagain,

It's fascinating to watch the rebuilding I'd imagine plus by going round a different way you get a different viewpoint. It's been hot here over the last few days, although today it was definitely cooler but pleasant.
My osteospurnums that I scalped have stated reflowering with even bigger blooms. They are certainly good value plants.

Enjoy the rest of the week. Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
16-Sep-2020 18:14 Message #4792469
Hello AndyMacG,

Weekly lawn mowing! Mine's lucky if it gets cut monthly. My newly dug beds are currently being used by an animal as it's toilet :( I bought fuel on Sunday for the first time in a long time and was pleasantly surprised to find the price has come down a bit. If it's any consolation mine is doing more than three months to the gallon.

Enjoy the rest of the week and think of the money you're saving. Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
16-Sep-2020 18:17 Message #4792470
Hello contender,

I hope you have wind at the weekend so you are able to sail.

Another person cutting the grass, it must be that time of year. We have green bins for garden waste so if it was me I'd cut it fairly small and cram the bin with it then fill it again the following fortnight. At least you now know the procedure for the dump.

Enjoy the rest of your self isolation. Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
16-Sep-2020 18:19 Message #4792471
Hell Pboro Trevor,

It is pleasantly warm isn't it? Another time in the garden person. I think I'm out of the loop having paid someone to cut my lawn and weed and tidy things up. I hope you had a productive afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of the week and stay safe. (((HUGS)))

Female
16-Sep-2020 18:22 Message #4792472
Hello leogirl,

Brandy in the lunchtime coffee, whatever next? :)

The more you make decisions the easier it becomes. Good luck with your house sale. It sounds as if you have a busy afternoon ahead of you. I enjoyed a nice meal out on Monday evening and a catch up with a friend. However, I forgot to take some of my jam for her so will probably pop over and see her at the weekend as she has suggested a socially distanced cuppa in the garden.

Enjoy the rest of your week and stay safe (((HUGS)))

Help with conversations