Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Hugs

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire
6-Sep-2020 09:34 Message #4791579
Good morning fellow huggers,

A late start for me due to a few nights of restless sleep due to reflux :( I was then woken early by the flights in and out of Luton airport this morning, makes a change to the chatter of dog walkers - perhaps they have run out of things to say by Sunday. Anyway, its a nice sunny day at the moment. Do you have any plans for today? I need to go and pick up my new glasses but otherwise am flexible about what to do. Perhaps a trip to a garden centre to find some plants for my empty borders.

Have a good day everyone and stay safe (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire
6-Sep-2020 09:53 Message #4791580
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday huggers.

I`m planting perrennial geraniums and Knautia Macedonica Melton Pastels (grown from seed) in my border where I evicted three Barnsley Babies yesterday. My brother took them off my hands. I think I will give him the perennial sweet peas as well. They are ok but I can`t accomadate them, and I think if I shift them now before they get too large to shift.

I can`t remember about the weather, but everything looks the same, except the sunflowers were somewhat in disarray.

I`m toying with the idea of going to the garden centre myself, except I will have to take someone with me.

hugs hugs hugs
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex
6-Sep-2020 10:31 Message #4791585
good morning twinkle and Keith {{{Hugs}}} to you this glorious sunny morning

I have been looking after my flowers in my living room this morning . The 4 bouquets of flowers I got for my birthday have now dwindled to 1 with the " leftovers " and a few roses from the garden .The gifts of flowers lasted me a wonderful long time .
Yesterday and the day before I have been painting the fence . Still have one panel to do this morning.
Then I shall dash off to my daughter for lunch. I still need to finalise my holiday arrangements for a few days Spa treatment in Oxford. On the way back home from my holiday , I shall visit my son in the Chilterns., and go for a walk to the lookout and admire the wide view .
bit nervous about all these Corona virus precautions , but I need to get away and do something.
I would like to explore the old university city as well having a beauty overhaul and a massage.

Must rush, {{{HUGS}}} to all Sunday huggers

Leogirl.
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
6-Sep-2020 10:46 Message #4791592
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Attended a socially distanced garden party yesterday, in aid of Peterborough Cat Rescue. It was well attended and I believe a good sum of money was raised for the charity.

Hugs to all

Trevor
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire
6-Sep-2020 11:02 Message #4791596
Morning Twinkle

Well arrived back in the UK last Friday, to be greeted by two Policeman in the airport terminal to verify that everyone had completed their return paperwork for Covid and then stay at home for two weeks? So can't do anything, but my garden is looking a lot better, and hopefully I will have my project boat on the water this year.

The downside is that since Spain decided that all their owned islands, Canaries and Balearic are in in effect counties of Spain and as you are probably aware Spanish Mainland are rife with Covid, therefore all the islands and treated as one? Which is a pain as on Lanzarote there are perhaps less than 10 cases, and in addition every one has to wear their face masks at all times when out and about? However I did note that people exercising such as cycling/running didn't wear them, but then again there where quite a few that would drop their face masks below the nose or wore them on the elbow?

That aside, had a pleasant time out there with temperatures as high as 45 Degrees C, and on those days didn't venture far?

Over the 17 days according to my Mobile Pedomitor did a total of 203,734 steps and lost about half a stone in weight.

It was noticeable that it seemed as half the Shops, Restaurants, Car Hire, etc had closed down, and of course very few people on the island - to whit, flying over the plane had approximately one third capacity (About 60 people), and on the return flight perhaps thirty peoples? So lots of empty seats?

Mike

(((Hugs to All)))
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
6-Sep-2020 12:40 Message #4791604
Hello Sunday ((huggers)) - another week gone, I cant believe its going so quickly.Things are 'happening' at the new house. The roof is coming off next week to be replaced, the inside is totally gutted, no stairs at the moment. Just heaps and heaps of rubble everywhere. JCB is still in the garden along with other bits of machinery. I have picked loads of apples from there as well as here, and made apple pies and crumbles galore. Apple pie with cinnmon and a few raisons in shortcrust pastry really is so English and delicious.

Ventured out to a CB sale this AM, duly masked and gloved, but we didnt feel comfortable - so many people there, and hardly any wearing masks, but I felt like it was a much needed outing. I also now feel exhausted..... it was a lot of walking for 2 hours.

Leah, our G Shepherd is still very poorly. The vet cant make out what is wrong cos each time they see her, she perks up & get excited. I still feel she is having minor strokes, I am really upset for her as she is my babes & I love her dearly.When she feels unwell, she wraps herself round me for comfort, so I cuddle her till it passes, then she seems to get back to normal after about 5-10 mins. Vet is say it could be painful arthritis of the neck, but I am not sure. She now has painkillers.
(((hugs))) v
Female
usuallyLaura  Female  Devon
6-Sep-2020 18:31 Message #4791622
Victoriana

Do either of you have a phone or camera that you could take a video on when it is happening, then show it to the vet ? Sorry if you have already thought of /done this.
Female
6-Sep-2020 22:18 Message #4791629
Hello Keithagain,

I had to look your plants up. I quite like scabius and Lavatera but have neither in my garden. I forgot to check my sweet peas earlier. I went to the garden centre on the way home, good timing as they had shrubs in the sale. I bought a Nandina, a Nepeta, some thyme, dianthus and some violas. Luckily I didn't buy any compost as I forgot I had my food shopping in the boot. I have also watered some of my plants with my home made banana skin liquid compost.

Stay safe, have a good week (((HUGS)))
Female
6-Sep-2020 22:24 Message #4791630
Hello leogirl,

It's nice that you have enjoyed your gifts of flowers.

Your spa treatment sounds like it's just at the right time for you. I remember going to a meet in Oxford. It's a beautiful city. I think once you've been out a bit you will get used to the Coronavirus precautions.

Have a good week, stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
6-Sep-2020 22:25 Message #4791631
Hello Pboro Trevor,

A garden party, that sounds nice and a good way of fund raising plus you had the weather on your side.

Have a good week (((HUGS)))
Female
6-Sep-2020 22:31 Message #4791632
Hello contender,

Welcome back. It sounds as if things have been tightened up a bit at the airports. I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to do and the time will fly past. It does seem a bit unfair to add all the islands together, something they haven't done in Greece. At least we don't have to wear masks all the time. The forecast is for some warmer weather this week but nowhere near 45 degrees.

Well done on your step total and weight loss. Hopefully you will continue with your daily walks once your quarantine period has ended, otherwise its walking up and down the garden or up and down the stairs.

Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
6-Sep-2020 22:35 Message #4791633
Hello Victoriana11,

It's surprising how quickly things can move house wise. It must be really exciting but also frustrating in equal measure. Your apple pies and crumbles sound really tasty.

Perhaps people weren't wearing masks at the CB as it was outside?

I hope the painkillers are helping Leah. It's hard when they can't tell you what's wrong but you know something isn't right. It's a good idea of Laura's to film her and show the vet.

Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
Sea  Female  Essex
6-Sep-2020 22:42 Message #4791636
Good Evening Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.
Ended up a little damp here in the West Country today but brightened up lovely this evening, so had a nice walk along the sea front at Exmouth and then as low tide, along the beach to Sandy Bay and back. A lovely sunset to watch this evening.
Sending warm (((Hugs))) to all.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
7-Sep-2020 07:27 Message #4791641
Laura & Twinks yes, thanks for the info, we are doing a little video and will take it with us in the morning for her appointment.
((hugs))

Female
10-Sep-2020 22:08 Message #4791982
Hello Sea,

There have been some stunning sunsets recently haven't there? Oh I miss walking along a beach. I can't remember the last time I did do it, certainly not this year. Enjoy!

Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
10-Sep-2020 22:09 Message #4791983
Victoriana11,

I hope all went well at the vets (fingers crossed)

(((HUGS)))

Help with conversations