Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What is your favourite ...

Conspiracy Theory?

Male
Beach  Male  Dorset
2-Aug-2020 00:51 Message #4788213
Jesus and Mary Magdalene as a romance? The ark of the covenant? The true identity of Shakespeare? The man in the iron mask? The shroud of Turin? Bérenger Saunière and Rennes-le-Château? The Loch Ness monster? The Roswell UFO crash? Reptilians and Archons? The Hopi and the Pleiades star cluster? Who shot Kennedy? Did man land on the Moon? Diana’s death? 911? The Bilderburg Group? Chem Trails? Corona Virus?

You start. :)
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
2-Aug-2020 08:26 Message #4788217
Guy Fawkes ,

The boy princes who were 'murdered' in the tower - Edward v and Richard
Male
shergar  Male  Greater Manchester
2-Aug-2020 09:44 Message #4788241
Sooty and Sweep invented the first plutonium enriched haddock.

Clip Clop
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
2-Aug-2020 11:01 Message #4788260
Yes what happened to the Princes in the Tower, was Perkin Warbeck really Richard Duke of York?

There are several reasons why Jesus would of been married, people often married very young then, would a boy/man be seen as fully adult without being married? I got one of my classics lecturers off topic and on a roll about this during a seminar once, she came out with a very good case for Jesus being married and probably to Mary Magdalen.

I like all the Oak Island stuff, I do think there was something going on there, but not nessercarilly what people would like it to be, I don't believe the Templar-Freemason link, nor do I believe the stuff about the Templars finding the Temple of Soloman and all its treasure. One of the problems I have with a lot of this stuff is trying to link it back to biblical literalism and Christian/OT stuff and the "real truth" being hidden in the Vatican library.

I do think that America was the worst kept secret of the medieval world we know the Vikings were there and theres strong evidence for Portuguese fishermen in the North Atlantic, those very same fishermen who helped out Columbus. It is likely that many Templars escaped the persecution and suppression of their order, Edward II was very reluctant to order their supression and if he'd not been such a weak king probably wouldn't of caved in. Scotland being a seperate country at the time with a strong king didn't really cave in, so it likely that many Templars went there to escape persecution. I don't put to more store in aristocratic links to Templars as going into the church was established practice for younger sons would wouldn't stand to inherit family lands and wealth, I can see being a warrior monk would appeal in aristocratic medieval society. It wouldn't be unlikely in a family with many sons for one to join a militant order, another to join the church and rise up through the ranks and into royal service, as well as the elder son being a lord in his own right with all the political and military power that went with it. Templars were often used as bankers you'd deposit a sum with them say in York, get a chit and be able to go to preceptory's along your route, say to Cantabury on pilgrimage, or business in Flanders and withdraw some money, this was much safer and easier than carting great chests of coin around with you. I think much of this Tempar treasure was money from this source as well as donations rather than mystical treasure.

Given the area of Rennes-Le-Chateau is it not more likely that any treasure found, was hidden during the supression of the Cathars? That part of modern France was only nominally French at the time of the Albigensian Crusade and was as much political as about religious orthodoxy.
Male
Kimjongun  Male  South Yorkshire
2-Aug-2020 13:45 Message #4788291
Hey Shergar back, only Clip Clop now, he get old.
I think the one where they take a seasonal flu like disease, turn it into national crisis.
Have people wearing masks in shops, scare people, then want them all to go out for meals?
What all that about?
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
2-Aug-2020 16:39 Message #4788305
Thats so interestingW/hen. I had to read it through twice and then I read it out loud to himself... who also found it v interesting.

KJG - why are you suddenly typing in English with your Kimmy jon jon accent
Female
usuallyLaura  Female  Devon
2-Aug-2020 20:38 Message #4788316
clearly means someone remembers shergar from years ago...
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset
2-Aug-2020 21:48 Message #4788318
Thanks for your input. :)

My favourite conspiracy theory surrounds the question ... "Are we living in a simulation?"

The info at the other end of this link, (below), is fascinating.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/02/15-irrefutable-reasons-we-might-be-living-in-a-simulation.html
Male
2-Aug-2020 23:04 Message #4788340
Enoch Powell, he old politician.
He say life is practical joke, we find out when we snuff it.
He say they all laughing at us right now.
Not him cos he now snuff it, he now laugh at us.
So Enoch believed in simulation too!

I live in Barnsley while now, so my English improve. I can also speak Barnsleyish too.
So this is for thee Victoriana.

Thas wants to be ready bar rpast eight.

Laura, Shergar was very fast, now he shadow of former self.

Clip Clop.
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire
2-Aug-2020 23:11 Message #4788341
My favourite conspiracy of the day is the one HotOrWot is involved in. Very suspicious indeed :)
Male
3-Aug-2020 00:21 Message #4788346
He copy, whats that about?
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex
3-Aug-2020 12:28 Message #4788378
My favourite conspiracy theory surrounds the question ... "Are we living in a simulation?"
…………………..……………………………….

I've sometimes wondered that. Though I also wondered why a simulation, for what purpose? a hierarchy's game console? Would sound a bit elaborate.

I've thought we could be an experiment, in our own bubble universe, one of several? We must have a purpose for being here, not just a chance occurance, we are a fairly advanced intelligent lifeform (on the whole) or have the potential of being so. How wide a scope of progress and creativity we are capable of without annihilating ourselves in the process, and how open or closed minded we are to what we don't know.

The other conspiracy theory would be Diana. Too much uninvestigated. In the circumstances, plus the missing Fiat, drunk driver. And mother of the hair to the throne.
Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
3-Aug-2020 12:40 Message #4788379
A simulation? Possible but unlikely. It's similar to religious beliefs.

Diana? Not even one chance in a million.

Princes in the tower? Possible but as with everything historical we will never know and it's quite likely very few ever know.

Social media? The biggest collection of conspiracies ever.
Female
3-Aug-2020 12:44 Message #4788380
Have people wearing masks in shops, scare people, then want them all to go out for meals?
What all that about?
…………………..…………………….
Well that's because, in the capitalist west KJ money comes first, the economy most important, then the people who build the economy. Government now in terrible fix, because without people no economy, but if people are put first, economy will suffer. What are they to do?

In China, people first. Because without people there will def. be no economy. N. Korea, no prob. only one death from Covid.

Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
3-Aug-2020 15:05 new  Message #4788393
The Chinese and Koreans are used to taking orders and doing as they are told as are many countries but we pay for our freedoms by having to live among a lot of idiots who cannot follow simple government instructions.
Female
3-Aug-2020 16:36 new  Message #4788396
We are right at the top of the world list for excess deaths, per capita.

Simple government instructions, by a simple government. Who don't know how to fight a virus, what would they do in a real war.
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire
3-Aug-2020 16:48 new  Message #4788400
If only we had listened to the regulations and taken notice.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
4-Aug-2020 10:58 new  Message #4788463
I agree with you Gilpin about the 'Are we living in a simulation?' Did it even exist as a theory before the film The Matrix came out?. As you say who runs it, how was it created, when was it created, who updates it? Probably the mysterious "Them", as "They" seem to be responsible for everything, I wonder has anyone ever met one of "Them"? I think we could be part of a multidimentional universe that overlaps our own at certain points and places and that maybe some people are more attuned to sensing them.

I don't think Diana was murdered, I do think it was an accident, but I think there was a lot covered up and not investigated properly, such as the white Fiat and the possible drunkeness of the driver.

Help with conversations