Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Is it worth finding a date during the pandemic?

anyone feel the same?

Male
Rob37  Male  Kent
29-Jul-2020 20:57 Message #4788006
Hey all.

I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same, this is not meant in a depressing way, but just being honest.

is there any point possibly trying to find a potential partner during this COVD 19 outbreak? I mean, when going for a coffee, you'd both have to wear face masks in the coffee shop (I know you can still chat with a mask on, but you have to admit, it does eliminate the fun, sadly.)

and even if, things went well, and the 2 people wanted to meet again, if a 2nd wave of COVID hits Britain, we will all be in lockdown for a few months again, not being able to visit each other's houses. We'll be lucky if Boris lets us leave the house for a tiny bit of shopping, let alone meeting your date.

There's a couple of single women on facebook, who are friends, of my friends (if that makes sense) who are single, and I can start a conversation with, or add them, but I just find it pointless if COVID is going to destroy everything.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
29-Jul-2020 21:08 Message #4788008
I wouldn't actively look even lol
But if it happened naturally I, d insist on both getting a covid test before the mask came off or even held hands lol
Female
usuallyLaura  Female  Devon
29-Jul-2020 22:39 Message #4788009
my daughter has had several dates since lockdown relaxed, no wearing of face masks in pubs/restaurants required.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire
29-Jul-2020 22:43 Message #4788010
"you'd both have to wear face masks in the coffee shop"

i think you,ll find that you dont have to wear a face mask if you are sitting in a coffee shop/cafe, its only if you are getting a take away that you have to mask up.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
30-Jul-2020 08:52 Message #4788025
I don't see why anything has changed regarding dating. At the moment you can meet and chat and go for a walk or a coffee which is pretty much what I would do anyway.
If there is another lockdown caused by COVID then, quite rightly, we might have to be quarantined in some way but that doesn't prevent romance blossoming.

Go for it :)
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire
30-Jul-2020 13:12 Message #4788048
PNG,

I agree entirely, but few recognise the slow burn and blossoming, it's all about "I'll know them when I see them" then moving in 2 weeks later.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
30-Jul-2020 15:28 Message #4788058
Well Rob, the alternative at moment ,could be 'catching CV19'...... its your choice to take the safest option.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire
30-Jul-2020 17:26 Message #4788063
I know you can still chat with a mask on, but you have to admit, it does eliminate the fun, sadly.

Why should it eliminate the fun? If you are getting on well you could, for instance, be chatting about all sort so things you like doing. It also give you something to talk/joke about.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire
30-Jul-2020 17:39 Message #4788065
Manchester are running a meet at the Gin and Rum festival in mid October and I don't really see it as any different really.
Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
31-Jul-2020 08:42 Message #4788087
The present situation only prevents physical contact but getting to know someone new is still possible. Not being able to physically touch for a few dates might heighten the anticipation.

Common sense prevails.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
2-Aug-2020 08:59 Message #4788227
Yes Greencare commonsense will hopefully prevail. Most of us have plenty of it even if many pretend to be "confused" as a show of "free thinking".

Help with conversations