Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Men!

At it again!

Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region
29-Jul-2020 05:56 Message #4787952
Hi folks!

So women are complaining about a rise in "aggressive eye contact" from men since the masks became compulsory. They have took to social media to share their horrific stories of trying to shop whilst these men aggressively stare at them!

Being that I haven't yet wore a mask of compliance, or as some would call it now.... the mask of misogynists! I haven't been in a shop either! So I clearly am not guilty of such act of violence against the women.

So guys who wear the masks.....

Have you been aggressively making eye contact with women? Come on! Own up to it!

I think it is time we put an end to this. I'm thinking men must wear a mask and some kind of harness so the can't look up for more than a second or two.... if two full seconds isn't too intimidating, perhaps something that wraps around their scrotum so that when they look up it causes testicular discomfort! Or perhaps men just be banned all together from public spaces until they learn not to look at or near a woman!

Perhaps these animals don't know how painful it is to be aggressively looked at! There is nothing worse!

Your thoughts on this horrific abuse by these masked men?

One was a harrowing story of a man in the Dorset area, wearing a FFP3 mask, the victim, she was stared at so aggressively whilst in Lidl, she is still in therapy. Once she regains her speech she will be speaking to police. I wonder if Beach knows anything about this case! LMFAO!!!

Link to this ridiculous man bashing article will follow!
Male
29-Jul-2020 05:58 Message #4787953
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8564247/Are-masks-giving-men-licence-stare-Women-report-rise-aggressive-eye-contact.html
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
29-Jul-2020 07:39 Message #4787954
Most of my adult life women have been complaining that the men they meet are looking down at their breasts when they should be looking at their eyes when talking.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
29-Jul-2020 07:47 Message #4787957
Its all in the imagination...
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
29-Jul-2020 08:53 Message #4787961
Victim Olympics starts again, ffs what a load of tosh, aggressive eyes lol lol poor blokes are probably concentrating on breathing behind a mask
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
29-Jul-2020 09:05 Message #4787962
I'm sure someone stuck their tongue out at me the other day.......They had that 'sticking their tongue out at me' kind of look in their eyes.....although they had dark sunglasses on......I could tell.........In fact......it was happening all day.....everyone I passed....

I went home and washed my hands a hundred times.....

At least I'm not paranoid......
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire
29-Jul-2020 09:40 Message #4787967
Eurostar you have it in one. Victim Olympics. Some people thrive on being victims and pointing fingers at others for no reason.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
29-Jul-2020 09:55 Message #4787968
I've found the opposite. When you are with others and all wearing masks I have noticed how much a smile reaches the eyes.
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
29-Jul-2020 10:29 Message #4787974
Eurostar you have it 100% correct

Woke generation at it again

Trevor
Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
29-Jul-2020 18:35 Message #4787998
I hope nobody takes these silly women seriously.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
29-Jul-2020 23:20 Message #4788012
You mean that you read the Daily Mail? Bob, I am disappointed in you. You have plummeted to new depths .
Male
Kimjongun  Male  South Yorkshire
29-Jul-2020 23:43 Message #4788014
When I came to Barnsley, I see beautiful woman, I say excuse me, and she ignore me.
I say excuse me several times, and several times she ignore me.
So she walk down the road without knowing.....her dress is stuffed into the top of her knickers!
Male
30-Jul-2020 09:24 Message #4788028
"Victim Olympics starts again, ffs what a load of tosh, aggressive eyes lol lol poor blokes are probably concentrating on breathing behind a mask"

I think Euro knocked the ball out the park with this one! Well done!
Male
30-Jul-2020 09:26 Message #4788029
"I hope nobody takes these silly women seriously."

No not me. I certainly don't take women seriously! hehehehe

Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex
30-Jul-2020 20:20 Message #4788076
I don't think I really look at strange blokes, not eye contact, or not unless he's a work of art. Masks can have a menacing type look, I can't see many women thinking men are suddenly aggressive because they're wearing a mask.

Help with conversations