Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Hay fever

It seems a bad year

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
25-Jul-2020 11:30 Message #4787688
I'm still suffering quite bad symptoms, I don't think the weather's helping warm damp days when plants throw out lots of pollen and it stays caught in the air, until being washed away by sharp showers or longer spells of rain. There seems to be some spikey pollen threat getting caught in my throat, I think it must be dahlia and chrysanthamum pollen, that always get me bad.

Is anyone else finding it a bad year?
Female
Mumsie  Female  Warwickshire
25-Jul-2020 15:58 Message #4787709
My son seems badly affected too this year
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
25-Jul-2020 20:32 Message #4787718
Yes, I have found it worse than usual, but wearing my mask helps me a lot. I have developed a husky voice this season and i have coughed more than usual too. Our cars are permantly coverd in pollen as well
Female
Molly  Female  Essex
25-Jul-2020 21:12 Message #4787724
I think it has been particularly bad recently. I suffer from very bad asthma and also hay fever which makes it difficult to breathe and I'm also susceptible to panic attacks when this happens.
Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
26-Jul-2020 00:51 Message #4787733
Molly. That can't be nice when wearing a mask.
Female
Molly  Female  Essex
26-Jul-2020 08:58 Message #4787746
I've been wearing a mask in the shops and stations and it can be uncomfortable but it's bearable and I prefer to wear it even though I can be exempt if I choose.
I feel better that I'm not breathing over other people and I also feel that wearing one shows a solidarity with others who care about those around them.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire
27-Jul-2020 20:52 Message #4787857
I've been having to take allergy tablets most days this season. i've never had to do that before. Thankfully whatever has been bothering me seems to be declining and I haven't needed a tablet for 3 days. Mind you, it has been raining.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
28-Jul-2020 10:09 Message #4787891
I find most anti-histamines don't work and the one that does I have bad side effects from, so I'm a bit stuck really.

Help with conversations