Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Tea from a China cup

Poured from a teapot

Male
CircusMaximus  Male  North Yorkshire
25-Jul-2020 08:37 Message #4787657
Does tea taste better from a bone China cup? Many think so. Do you possess a teapot or cups with saucers?
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
25-Jul-2020 08:42 Message #4787658
Nooooo I prefer a proper round mug for tea, and a shaped mug for coffee, lol but they both have to be white inside to make sure they are clean properly lol
I have one of each even on my desk at work lol
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
25-Jul-2020 09:09 Message #4787664
I like a china tea cup.....

It's strange how your mind works.....tea always seems better in a china cup...not in a mug......although it does depend on who makes the tea......I hate wishy washy tea....weak as a weakling.....I have my tea really string....two bags often.....and a bit of milk....too much milk in tea....yuk....Too much milk in a weak tea....double yuksville.....too much milk in a weak tea in a mug.....there aren't any words for that....

Also.......water......from a glass or bottle.....perfect......Water from a mug?......how wrong is that?.....it must be in the mind.....
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire
25-Jul-2020 09:34 Message #4787674
Porcelain for me, that is China isn't it. Perfect as I mostly drink Earl Grey.
Still have lovely mugs though that take two tea bags.

Because I like weak normal tea occasionally, I love my teapot that infuses tea leaves so I can add just the right amount.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
25-Jul-2020 10:33 Message #4787683
I drink out of anything. Well not quite anything. I usually like a medium sized mug with straight sides for tea or coffee but I do have a few people I visit who make tea in a teapot and serve it in a china cup with saucer. If I have to carry a cup and saucer I'm always fearful of the cup sliding off and landing on the floor.
I'm not sure if the tea tastes better in a cup but it does add something to the enjoyment of sitting down together for a cuppa.
A lot of places including garden centres do an extensive range of teas.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
25-Jul-2020 11:44 Message #4787692
I think its the heat holding qualities of real china as opposed to pottery that make the difference, I rarely drink tea anymore but when I do I like it brewed properly not the brutalitea my mum makes where the teabag as mashed against the side of the mug, I prefer propertea.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
25-Jul-2020 20:43 Message #4787721
I never drink tea - hate the smell. And my other half will only drink green tea.
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex
25-Jul-2020 21:32 Message #4787725
I usually drink coffee (instant I can't be bothered with the faff of ground etc), but I also like a nice cuppa rosy lee, especially on a hot day.
Have a small & large ceramic teapot (& a cosy) but stick to tea bags (again can't be bothered with the faff of loose leaves) although I still have a strainer (which actually comes in handy when dusting the top of a cake with icing sugar) and I do have a couple of bone china cups and saucers too but usually up with it in a mug.
Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
26-Jul-2020 00:49 Message #4787732
Coffee in a mug and tea in a cup please.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex
26-Jul-2020 14:03 Message #4787776
I tend to go for tea in a cup. Bone china is bound to have a mishap, so its usually just traditional teacup. Coffee in a coffee cup.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire
28-Jul-2020 22:06 Message #4787941
A nice cuppa in a china cup poured from a traditional teapot can be very pleasant.
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire
31-Jul-2020 18:00 Message #4788108
I was served an excellent cup of tea today. Made in a teapot complete with tea cosy although I think the weather was far too hot for the tea to cool. Consumed in a tiny china cup with dinky saucer. The lady pouring told me she has been pouring tea for 80 years so I guess I have to trust her expertise.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
1-Aug-2020 08:55 Message #4788134
The lady pouring told me she has been pouring tea for 80 years so I guess I have to trust her expertise.

I definitely wouldn't have the nerve to say her tea tasted awful lol.
Male
FirmButFair-TrollPatrol  Male  North Yorkshire
2-Aug-2020 12:02 Message #4788271
Pointing the pinkie is no longer considered appropriate.

Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
3-Aug-2020 14:20 Message #4788389
Cup or mug, I don't mind. But it does have top bone china. It makes all the difference to the flavour. Don't ask me why. Just does.
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire
3-Aug-2020 18:26 new  Message #4788408
I went for afternoon tea last week and they had dainty vintage bone China cups and saucers ....sweet

The only thing that let it down was the inferior tea they used .

Help with conversations