Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Hey what's your plan

For the weekend lol

1 2 Next   Last  

Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
24-Jul-2020 18:37 Message #4787627
Obviously not as exciting as they used to be but hey ho lol
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
24-Jul-2020 18:39 Message #4787628
Same as any other day, drink coffee, walk dogs, clean, do cooking, watch telly, repeat.
Female
24-Jul-2020 18:41 Message #4787630
Ah I,m back working at work so weekends have become precious again lol
Female
24-Jul-2020 18:54 Message #4787636
Its supposed to pour down with rain again and I still haven't got any sandals.
Female
24-Jul-2020 18:56 Message #4787637
Lol lol wellies it is lol
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
24-Jul-2020 20:19 Message #4787643
more tree cutting, bonfires and sorting stuff out before the demolition
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire
24-Jul-2020 23:46 Message #4787647
oh, the usual... wine, wild women and song, and any left over money i shall waste...

as a similar quote goes.....
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire
25-Jul-2020 01:04 Message #4787649
Finishing off layering the ground around my bee hive with tarpaulin to stop weeds coming up. I'm super excited my bee protection suit and gloves came this morning.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
25-Jul-2020 08:29 Message #4787656
I usually roll out of bed straight into the shower but I was distracted by a parcel delivery this morning and have now sat down for a cuppa .. I definitely don't feel awake or motivated until showered. Then I shall decide on what to do but probably nothing more exciting today than a pleasant walk and a stop somewhere for coffee.
Tomorrow I will burst into life :)
Female
KatieBubbles  Female  West Sussex
25-Jul-2020 09:22 Message #4787667
Be honest png. Do you burst into life or do you slowly catch up with the day lol.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire
25-Jul-2020 09:27 Message #4787671
Walking today definitely, washing tomorrow probably.
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire
25-Jul-2020 09:31 Message #4787672
Since retiring end of January, I don't have week-ends.
Being in a bit of a distance relationship, when working, we always had week-ends together but when I retired we flipped to week-days together and week-ends at home (or away)..then lockdown.

As long as I've done or plan to be active at something, walking, cycling, gardening, or more recently, bathroom ceiling, I don't feel guilty sitting around.
Right now I am on the sofa remembering my son had lined up some out of date jars on the kitchen worktop so I am wondering what t do with a jar of Green Thai Curry dated June 2016 that looks perfectly fine, and being brought up in the back of a shop we lived on out of date foods if sealed.

Still trying to get to playing a tune level on guitar. Now know lots of chords but can't change chords fast enough. If anyone knits, it equates with making a jumper doing one row a day.
Male
connexkev  Male  East Sussex
25-Jul-2020 09:31 Message #4787673
The weather is not so good today so working in the garden is out. Will probably go for a walk somewhere. Should do some housework really but that can wait till tomorrow.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
26-Jul-2020 08:25 Message #4787736
Planned time working in the garden yesterday but weather too wet. Looking better today.

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire
26-Jul-2020 10:18 Message #4787752
Friday - Started off by picking red currants. I then made 'proper' Cornish pasties then dropped one into work hot out of the oven for our departing Head. I was able to help with his report to governors. Then off to pick up a game for my youngest grandchild. Youngest grandchild was dropped off at 5.30 as they wanted to have a 'sleepover' with nanny. So together we made an asparagus and pea crustless quiche which was deemed 'disgusting' due to the top being brown by said grandchild.
Saturday - it rained. I did a bit of my jigsaw, put on a load of washing.
Today, Sunday, jam making later on and probably ironing.
Female
26-Jul-2020 13:10 Message #4787765
Ended up going to a car boot lol had to wear a mask there, which surprised me, bought a pram and doll for granddaughter £3 to find out when home it's the same one I bought for her birthday this week for £30 lol oh well one at nanny's one at parents lol
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire
26-Jul-2020 16:22 Message #4787785
I haven't been to a car boot but I always wear a mask at markets. This weekend been a lazy and lethargic waste of time!
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
28-Jul-2020 14:06 Message #4787917
This weekend coming is forecast to be hot, hot, hot 30++ deg..... looking good
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire
31-Jul-2020 17:57 Message #4788107
Another weekend already. Will this one be more exciting than the last one?
Female
31-Jul-2020 18:21 Message #4788109
Well my daughters bloke asked her to marry him today, lol she said yes, so I suppose the weekend will be about that
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire
31-Jul-2020 18:26 Message #4788110
Well I'm in Greater Manchester. Well I have an M Post Code but my address still states Cheshire, but to confuse matters my council is Trafford.

My partner was meant to come today so we could have a bike ride, but it would be illegal for him to sit in my garden, and at 32 degrees, it's not an option anyway.

It's even more complicated because the run up to this week-end I have spent 150 minutes on the phone waiting list to Cottages.com because we had been booked to go to Ireland last May, then postponed until August 27th. Then Ireland have the 14 day isolation so managed to rearrange to Scotland. Then Nicola Sturgeon also stating not to go.

Be a bit nail biting over next couple week-ends so I guess I'll be cycling alone or dog walking.

I'm not complaining about Ireland and Scotland, it's understandable, but it does feel what one could describe as a caricature of events.

The upside is I'm not working so don't have to worry about isolating or negotiating annual leave.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
1-Aug-2020 18:58 Message #4788190
So far so good. Worked this morning and went out this afternoon to help with a charity collection and wait to see a spitfire flying over hospitals. I took a photo which is on my profile .. the spitfire is the small speck in the distance but at least I managed to catch it before it disappeared. It was the sound of the engine and the occasion which I waited for.
Sunday I will go for a walk in the morning and have a look at some of the landscape where HS2 will be passing (or going beneath). Maybe put my feet up and watch the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. I often go up to see it but no chance this year with COVID precautions.

So nowt exciting.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
2-Aug-2020 08:53 Message #4788223
.. went out this afternoon to help with a charity collection and wait to see a spitfire flying over hospitals. I took a photo which is on my profile .. the spitfire is the small speck in the distance but at least I managed to catch it before it disappeared. It was the sound of the engine and the occasion which I waited for.

The sound of the spitfire engine once heard is never forgotten The same with the lancaster bomber.
Female
2-Aug-2020 09:03 Message #4788230
I went in a hercules once, omg the noise ouch
Anyway today a bike ride with a pub breakfast in the middle yeah and toilets omg toilets are open yeah yeah lol
Female
2-Aug-2020 10:24 Message #4788249
I want a day of gentle pottering the last fortnight has been way to busy.

1 2 Next   Last  

Help with conversations