Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

sainsbury,s

masks

1 2 3 Next   Last  

Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire
22-Jul-2020 15:51 Message #4787460
Sainsbury have announced that they will not be challenging any customer who is not wearing a face mask from the 24th.

The police have more than enough on their plates to bother too, so for those with a genuine reason not to ,or just do not agree with it for any reason,- - - shop at Sainsbury.

I think any under 11 wont need to either, as well as asthmatics etc
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
22-Jul-2020 16:45 Message #4787468
It's going to be weird lol
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire
22-Jul-2020 17:38 Message #4787477
It's difficult to believe that any reasonable person will attempt to enter a shop knowing the regulations and knowing it is being done to save the lives of men. women and children. It would be extremely callous to have such a disregard for life but we all know some people are too selfish to care.
Male
BOYDEL  Male  Surrey
22-Jul-2020 18:17 Message #4787481
An acquaintance who uses buses almost daily tells me that everyone now wears a mask on the bus - but they use them rather like a Passport - ie it's in their pocket till bus arrives and then worn just for journey o the same mask will be on and off like a yoyo several times before they return home.

In many cases the only message that seems to have percolated the grey matter is that a mask stops you getting in to trouble with authorities - but as to why they are mandated has gone straight over their heads!
Female
22-Jul-2020 18:22 Message #4787482
Boydel my grey matter is doh! Lol
I do that when I have to get three buses, wear it on the bus take off when walking and put back on for next bus
Am I not supposed to do that?
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
22-Jul-2020 18:28 Message #4787483
It depends where your hands have been in between putting the mask on and taking it off.
And knowing you that could be anywhere.... lol
Female
22-Jul-2020 18:44 Message #4787487
On a bus I have an alcohol wipe in my hand, I really don't see what I, m doing wrong?
Male
BOYDEL  Male  Surrey
22-Jul-2020 18:45 Message #4787488
Euro - you personally no doubt have the knowledge/expertise to know how to put on and remove a mask safely - but does everyone?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
22-Jul-2020 18:49 Message #4787490
I'm a bit lke that with masks too, I don't want one on when I'm not in the shop, so should I put a new one on everytime I take one off, what do I do with the "dirty" one? Why do some masks or mask wearers have them covering their mouths but not noses? I know coughs and snezes spread diseases, but this whole mask thing is confusing.
Female
22-Jul-2020 18:49 Message #4787491
To a casual observer I would be seen ragging it off me and shoving it in my bag lol
Really, I take it off with an alcohol wipe in hand and it goes in my bag in a clear plastic holder that also has alcohol wipes in, opened, lol
Male
BOYDEL  Male  Surrey
22-Jul-2020 19:03 Message #4787494
So Euro you are the polar opposite of the bus passenger you complained of recently who touched every hand rail as he got off lol...

As an analogy it's like 1984 again - how many unprotected sex partners have you had and they had etc etc and multiply all those numbers together and it gets mind boggling in terms of potential infection spread.
Male
22-Jul-2020 19:06 Message #4787495
As we were told right at the start, it's better not to touch your face, as eyes, nose and mouth are the most likely route for infection.
Taking a mask on and off with hands, whether gloved or not, that have touched handrails, door handles, items in the shop etc seems a perfect way of getting infected to me.
Unless you clean your hands every time then I would suggest it's a risk...
Female
22-Jul-2020 19:08 Message #4787496
Well I hope the bus doesn't crash lol
Life is a risk
Male
22-Jul-2020 19:21 Message #4787500
It's one of the main reasons why I can't understand the mask obsession, the airborne infection risk is still up for debate yet the touching face thing is proven beyond any doubt. That's why we are told to wash our hands.
Bonkers....

Female
22-Jul-2020 19:29 Message #4787501
Can't wash your hands on a bus. Lol ooh yes alcohol wipes lol
Male
Kimjongun  Male  South Yorkshire
22-Jul-2020 20:56 Message #4787504
It is true what you say Hierophunt.
Masks are more likely to spread germs, and even c19.
Yet some people need mask to feel comfortable, it encourages some people to go out and spend money. (economy).
Man say to President, Its the economy stupid.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex
22-Jul-2020 21:19 Message #4787509
I'm surprised at Sainsbury. They've gone downhill, every since the poss. merger with Asda (I like Asda by the way). I won't be shopping there. Their tills and self serve are immaculately clean and you're told to put rubbish in the bin. But no masks? Are you sure about that.

The idea is to "put mask on, do not touch mask, leave said mask on, until you get back home". honestly. The more you wear it the more it becomes second nature and easier to wear.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
22-Jul-2020 21:51 Message #4787513
Masks are important in our fight against Covid. Although they may not give the wearer total protection they do prevent the wearer easily spreading any infections they may have onto others.
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex
23-Jul-2020 00:37 Message #4787521
I don't understand Sainsbury's statement given that it will be mandatory to wear a mask in shops in England from 24th July. Aren't they in effect condoning people breaking the law.
It should be no masky, no entry. Full stopy.
I wonder if they'll be as equally non confrontational on shoplifters breaking the law and stealing from their stores too.
But I can see what's going to happen. Suddenly loads of people are going to turn up at the supermarket and shops claiming medical reasons for not having to wear a mask and before you know it loads will jump on the bandwagon probably citing their human rights and data protection as reasons for the non compliance.
What really needs to happen is fine everyone for non compliance on day 1. Hit 'em in the pocket. News will spread quick enough that there's a no leeway policy and they'll stay away or just use a mask or covering.
Male
BOYDEL  Male  Surrey
23-Jul-2020 08:32 Message #4787526
Sainsbury clearly just want to protect their profits - whilst we do not have enough manpower to police the non mask wearing issue.

In related news Stagecoach bus company is planning job cuts as passenger numbers are down 60% due to Covid and they expect a permanent change with ongoing home working/online shopping/home education etc.
Male
BOYDEL  Male  Surrey
23-Jul-2020 08:36 Message #4787528
Sainsbury clearly just want to protect their profits - whilst we do not have enough manpower to police the non mask wearing issue.

In related news Stagecoach bus company is planning job cuts as passenger numbers are down 60% due to Covid and they expect a permanent change with ongoing home working/online shopping/home education etc.
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire
23-Jul-2020 08:41 Message #4787529
Sainsbury and other shops do not have staff to confront angry and aggressive members of the public who refuse to comply with wearing a mask. No employer is going to ask their staff to be confrontational and we all know how quickly those who are too stupid to wear a mask will turn on defenceless staff.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
23-Jul-2020 09:06 Message #4787533
Our Tesco has had extra Security guards since the virusy thing began.....There's been queues most of the time.....Security look a bit menacing..once they've let the first batch in...then....one person out....one person in.....no matter how long the queue....

I expect they'll be strict on the masks.......I'm not sure if Sainsbury have been using security or not....

It all seems a bit 'police state'.......understandable to some extent.....but weird nonetheless....
Male
23-Jul-2020 09:26 Message #4787535
My local Tesco store has abandoned most of the measures, no security staff at the entrance so anybody can just walk in, the one-way arrows have gone and you queue at the checkouts as normal - I was surprised.
I guess they are relying on the mask wearing to keep everybody safe....
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
23-Jul-2020 09:35 Message #4787536
Well, anyone who shops at Sainsurys and doesnt wear a mask is a bliddy selfish idiot . I am not impressed with Sainsbury's for even saying it. THEY should be fined !

But there are a lot of people about who just refuse to wear a mask. Mostly here, it seems to be the younger generation - the "it wont happen to me crowd", and the ones who wont do a thing to help themselves in any part of life.

I do wonder about those with asthma as well. I am an asthmatic and have had to use masks for over 15 years.... issued first of all by the hospital, & since then I have purchased them. I always carry a couple in my bag/pocket, and in the car, in case of getting stuck driving or in a traffic jam, behind a vehicle blowing out fumes. I have to wear them thru the hayfever season too. They have helped me tremendously. They do make me a bit short breathed if I have a LOT of walking whist wearing one, but its a small problem, and I would not go out in public at the moment ,without wearing one, and I would encourage everyone else to try and do the same.

1 2 3 Next   Last  

Help with conversations