Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Dreaming

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire
29-Jun-2020 23:34 Message #4785181
Does anything stop you? what things might stop you dreaming?
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire
29-Jun-2020 23:49 Message #4785182
More than once I have been asked, if I heard the lightning last night?

More than once I have said no, but I did dream about a storm!
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
30-Jun-2020 00:11 Message #4785184
I can never understand the meaning of dreams.....and some of the analysing information is so vague that it could be anything......

Sometimes there are no dreams....I haven't a clue why.....

I'd love to watch some dreams back......They are full of stuff, which at the time, in the dream, all makes sense.....

On waking up though......trying to figure it out.....it often doesn't make any sense....
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire
30-Jun-2020 03:12 Message #4785186
Tumbles,
There's no formula for interpretation as the dream books say. We dream in ways that are symbolically meaningful to our individual selves. I go with the theory that dreaming is a kind of clearing house for all the things we haven't sorted out consciously.
You may think there are nights when you don't dream at all but infact we all dream every night as it is absolutely necessary to our health. The exceptions are rare, and due to the effect of some drugs. When people are deprived of dream-sleep they soon become fatigued, disoriented and in severe cases, may suffer psychoses.
I had one of my standard dreams last night, when I was on holiday on a little island, went on a little boat trip to a nearby island, then everyone else disappeared and on trying to find my way back, I didn't know where I was or if I was infact still on the original island. Variations of this dream over the years is not being able to find where I'm staying in a town, not being able to find the way driving out of a town; not finding my way on a familiar route to an airport; and being unable to find the right part of an airport or the right gate when I'm in an airport. It's not really about not finding places or routes, but that's the symbolic reasoning in my individual case.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
30-Jun-2020 08:47 Message #4785192
I dream a lot and it fascinates me how a dream can be so vivid when waking and during those first few minutes .. then disappear from your mind even when you struggle to remember.
I don't think I've ever had a really pleasant drive although I don't have many nightmares either. They are usually quite Involved and confusing.
Male
FirmButFair-TrollPatrol  Male  North Yorkshire
30-Jun-2020 12:04 Message #4785227
Worries stop me dreaming.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
1-Jul-2020 01:57 Message #4785278
I think you're right Cass.....It's something to do with clearing out....

Although I'm not sure of all the reasons.....It's all a bit complex.....fascinating though....

When I try to research some of the stuff....it seems to become less fascinating....more vague...and then I don't seem to pursue it .....
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire
3-Jul-2020 01:38 Message #4785514
I also have lucid dreams ( i.e. I know I'm in a dream and can direct the action and the developments like in a film). The whole altered consciousness thing, which dreaming is, becomes less fantastical once you question what is consciousness and reality anyway. We construct reality in our minds through our perceptions.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
3-Jul-2020 12:43 Message #4785552
Do you mean day dreams or night dreams? The less time I have to daydream the more turbulent my night dreams are.

Help with conversations