Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

A touch of

Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
28-Jun-2020 05:17 Message #4784967
I've been watching a parody/spoof series of detective type dramas called 'A touch of Cloth'.....from a few years ago...

I'd heard of it...and seen a few clips before....but hadn't seen the episodes.......It was on Sky...

It's my kind of humour.......Written by Charlie Brooker and Daniel Maier.....It just parodies those dramas to bits.....with a storyline as well....to keep up the suspense etc...

Main actors.....John Hannah as Jack Cloth.......and Suranne Jones as an old man.....ok.....Ann Oldman ( the old man thing played all the way through...

Some other good parody roles as well....with Todd Carty....Karen Gillan.....Daisy Beaumont....to name a few....

There's only a few episodes....going back to 2012.....There was maybe going to be some more....but maybe not....

Has anyone else seen it....
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex
28-Jun-2020 09:17 Message #4784977
I see it ran on SKY One from a while back, 2012-2014.
It passed me by, but that happens a lot as it's sometimes hard to keep up with series that come and go so quickly and the catch-up/box sets facility wasn't really available back then.
A bit odd, they made 3 series but of only two 60 minute episodes (as a part 1 & 2) in each, and then cheekily released each series on a separate DVD & then a DVD box set too.
I see you can get the DVD's on amazon, ebay and at various Cex stores but I've just checked my
Sky box sets and they're actually on there so am downloading to watch later.
I'll let you know what I think.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
28-Jun-2020 13:02 Message #4785019
Hope you enjoy it.......It's full of all sorts.....that you may miss some of them.....posters on the walls etc....

By the end of the 3rd series...they'd probably used certain things to death.....and decided against a 4th...

It's well worth a look though....
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex
29-Jun-2020 20:43 Message #4785171
See what you mean Tumbled.
Watched both parts of series 1.
There's so many things going on, in and out of shot and what's being said, I had to rewind and pause quite a lot to catch things.
Daft, but some real laugh out loud moments, especially as they play it all so deadpan.

Good spot.

Help with conversations