Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

One of the hottest days

So what are you up to

1 2 Next   Last  

Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
25-Jun-2020 11:37 Message #4784738
I, m off work today phew feeling sorry for anyone working in this
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire
25-Jun-2020 13:57 Message #4784743
I don’t work anymore but been sitting in garden but now playing games on my iPad. Shall watch tv soon. This lockdown isok if you have a partner but no good on your own
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
25-Jun-2020 14:02 Message #4784744
It seems muggy......I went out to bring in the bins earlier.....it's bin day.....and got mugged......

ps...I didn't, but I needed a weak punchline for my 'joke'.....

Talking of punchlines......I should be punched for that joke.....or something along those punch lines anyway....
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire
25-Jun-2020 14:28 Message #4784752
Maybe next Wednesday first of the month !
Female
Blue-Poppy  Female  East Yorkshire
25-Jun-2020 15:10 Message #4784757
Watered my beans, they are taking 2 gallons a day., and all other plants. Water barrels are nearly empty again but at least I hear we are in for some rain

Then chatted to my neighbour who is working from home and has hit a snag so he disappeared to watch telly.

Decided to riddle some really bad stony soil but soon gave that up, much too hot.

Now texting friends who seem to be mostly lying on their beds lol. Too hot to do anything.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
25-Jun-2020 15:17 Message #4784760
I was out in the garden early cutting back some bushes and having a general tidy up. Then soaked in the bath until going out lunchtime to meet a friend for coffee. I won't do much more today.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
25-Jun-2020 18:44 Message #4784773
I went and bought some sandals, I had to do a 30 mile round trip to get them, but thats par for the course round here. Fearn chewed my old ones, but it was so hot out, uncomfortably so, not even the dogs now what to do with themselves. Fearn was more interested in my new sandals than going for a walk, I had my toes licked, yuk, just what you want on a hot muggy day, a hot wet tongue round your toes!
Female
Ilsmileforu  Female  Durham
25-Jun-2020 19:10 Message #4784775
I met my sister, then we had a walk down the Park.
Then later we bought something to eat and water.
We were naughty and bought a can of cider each.
Female
25-Jun-2020 19:41 Message #4784776
Gardened till one, had to keep stopping for water and shade lol then sat in the shade till five and just finished a two hour bike ride but its not much cooler lol had to go fast to cool down, not many out so was pleasant
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
25-Jun-2020 19:49 Message #4784778
Working and sweating my wotsits off, that's about it really...
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire
25-Jun-2020 21:42 Message #4784789
Daughter's birthday.
Lay some bark to form a path in front of a hedge.
Practised some chords on guitar.
Made a Moroccan Couscous with soya mince.
Went for a bike ride around 07:45 for just 5 miles locally.
Now one female dog has died, been patching up the lawn in hope the grass recovers after two bitches peeing on it.
Watered my veg.
Showered.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex
25-Jun-2020 22:42 Message #4784795
Dragged myself into the garden, nerves of steel, to cut the overgrown grass, before thunderstorms forecast for tonight. Then collapsed, with ice cold coke, and sticky ginger cake. Flash floods can reek their havoc now.

I wonder if the Chinese take aways are on again. We have a really good one here.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
25-Jun-2020 23:29 Message #4784805
Thunderstorms and flash floods? I hope not lol.

I did have a Chinese takeaway tonight though.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
26-Jun-2020 11:15 Message #4784830
All those idiots on Bournemouth beach. Why? It makes no sense to drive miles to sit in a crowd doing nothing and getting far too close to other people. If you enjoy the sun there are thousands of nearby parks and fields in the countryside with plenty of space and better views.

Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire
26-Jun-2020 11:22 Message #4784833
Not only were they idiots, they were the lowest of the low scum idiots with over 30 tons of their rubbish to be cleared up by the councils .

Thank gawd for a week of rain coming, serves the tw*ts right
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
26-Jun-2020 11:23 Message #4784834
People are dumb.
"Nobody said nuffink about 2 metres or nuffink to us".... replied Sharon from London when asked why she had travelled to the beach with her four kids who should have been taking part in remote schooling.....
Male
FirmButFair-TrollPatrol  Male  North Yorkshire
26-Jun-2020 22:24 Message #4784883
I don't understand some people. If I turned up somewhere that was already crowded I would go elsewhere. If I was somewhere and it was becoming overcrowded I would leave.
Female
27-Jun-2020 00:34 Message #4784893
Liverpool has thousands gathering in the city, celebrating Liverpool win with fireworks that have hit the liver building causing a fire, this is Liverpool that blamed the Madrid fans from the last match of causing covid in the city, jeez I have no words for the stupidity and selfishness of them all
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
27-Jun-2020 07:58 Message #4784896
I find it quite unbelievable that, after all the wonderful fantastic ( & life risking work) that the NHS have done in the past few months, that people can be so bliddy selfish and downright stupid & idiotic.

What is wrong with them !!!!
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire
27-Jun-2020 17:51 Message #4784932
Today's weather kept the crowds at bay.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
27-Jun-2020 18:58 Message #4784940
it dosen't help when Boris johnson tells people they can go out and travel about more, that they can go back to work and yet to stay metres apart except when its impossible to do so, when you should try and stay a metre or more away, WTF? Nor does it help telling people they can go out to places like beaches when theres few carparks open, no public toilets, no pubs, cafe's or resaurants or attractions open so as people can spread out. Wales isn't out of lockdown as much as England and yet we have more and more tourists coming here and they're obviously here for a while because you see them in the shops buying stuff for a couple of days.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire
28-Jun-2020 22:59 Message #4785087
There will always be some morons about who are too stupid to think for themselves wonderoushen. There will also be some selfish **seholes who only think of themselves.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire
1-Jul-2020 07:43 Message #4785294
Amazing how bright the mornings are from around 5am. The sun streaming in through the windows.
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex
1-Jul-2020 08:25 Message #4785295
Make the most of it.
Only 16 weeks until the clocks go back to GMT.
:-((
Female
1-Jul-2020 09:08 Message #4785296
Was that two days summer? It's July yeah and it's raining yuk

1 2 Next   Last  

Help with conversations