Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

I think I've been blocked.....

1 2 3 Next   Last  

Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
21-May-2020 12:37 Message #4780401
by michaelt......

There I was, happily posting to his thread earlier....and now.....I can't any of his.....

Is it a good achievement to be blocked by him?......I must have pissed him off so much.....he can't take any more......

Sorry you're a broken man michaelt....if you can read this.....which you probably can't...

I should have been gentle with you...like you said in your first ever post.....
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire
21-May-2020 14:22 Message #4780411
welcome to the "i,ve pissed off a troll/agent provocateur club" tumbled, i have been a member for a while and its a badge i wear with honour !!

just think of the benefits... no more thatcher, 40yrs, blair, labour, no more questions without answers ! etc...;¬)

i hear hes put up another provocative thread to which he is fully aware to what the answers are, but the sad little idiot craves attention.
Female
Helper icon Helper
PrincessFruitBat  Female  Essex
21-May-2020 16:18 Message #4780417
It’s ok fosy.
Most people are on to that sort of thing.

And tumbled, consider it a blessing.
Your wit can be put to much better use elsewhere.
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire
21-May-2020 17:18 Message #4780423
Haha tumbled and fosy. Serves you right but count it as a blessing. I think everyone who responds to a certain persons posts are likely to be blocked at some stage. I keep pinching myself to see if it's me next.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
21-May-2020 18:10 Message #4780427
It's rather annoying the double-block feature isn't working, at least in my recent experience you have to be content with the single-block which isn't as effective.
When I want someone gone, I want them totally gone...
Male
Wandering4fun  Male  North Yorkshire
21-May-2020 18:16 Message #4780428
You need a hit man not a block button.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire
21-May-2020 18:35 Message #4780429
I seem to remember that if you block them then you can't see their posts but they can still see yours. In other words if he blocked you, you would still be able to see his posts.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire
21-May-2020 23:29 Message #4780455
He just did a post about free speech, then he blocks people?
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
22-May-2020 00:50 Message #4780457
Much more likely is that if two people spend all their time quibbling, an admin block applied to both to keep them apart. And an admin block can only be removed by admin.
Male
22-May-2020 02:19 Message #4780459
When I check my thing.....I haven't got anyone blocked.....

I don't want him back by the way......I'm not pining for him....

The blokes a total wind up merchant...So easy to see.....So easy to play...if you're in devilish mode yourself....which I am at times.......Most can see that he is a fraud......some can't....Pity the ones that can't.....
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
22-May-2020 08:15 Message #4780465
If you dont log in, but just' view'conversations, you can read them all anyway..
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire
22-May-2020 09:01 Message #4780472
Free speech doesn't involve personal verbal bullying and sniping but simply voicing an opinion on a subject.

Many people post boring posts in other people's eyes, but why they engage and snipe at the author says more about them than anything. You don't have to read them.
Male
22-May-2020 09:09 Message #4780478
Some of the subjects that I post about bore the pants of people....which often isn't a pretty sight...

A troll is bad enough.......A pantless troll doesn't bear thinking about......
Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
22-May-2020 09:13 Message #4780479
NotHermit. "He just did a post about free speech, then he blocks people?"

Excellent observation.

Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
22-May-2020 09:48 Message #4780483
"You need a hit man not a block button."

Ha ha you're not wrong.
There have been a few over the years I wouldn't have minded seeing "rubbed out".
A double-block should remove them so you can't see them at all and they shouldn't see you, but it doesn't work for me. People I have double-blocked are clearly reading and responding to my posts.
Unless they are reading them offline, remembering what I posted, then logging on to reply which sounds like a lot of hard work. But I suppose given the lengths some go to on here with multi-profiles and stuff, and the fact my contributions are so incredibly popular, anything is possible....
Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire
22-May-2020 10:08 Message #4780485
blocking everybody would be good for Michaelt, then he would only have himselves to talk to, them and the spammers and scammers , that is.
Male
Jeff  Male  East Sussex
22-May-2020 10:47 Message #4780493
I've been blocked by a prominent poster A on MSE for years - I don't know why. I have pointed out factual errors in some of her posts, (including about her favourite subject), but I have never "slagged her off" nor insulted her.

Unfortunately some other posters B have given hypocritical and false impressions about my posts, and the person A believes what B wrote and addsed to their posts, while preventing herself from seeing what I actually wrote. When I asked B some relevant questions, then B (and the people who rated B's post as "Excellent") didn't respond.
Female
22-May-2020 10:51 Message #4780496
Jeff,

Your comment hits it on the spot.

Some posters believe person A and then adds to the post, often without actually taking in what was written, or it seems so.

That's how cabals start ;-)
Male
22-May-2020 11:05 Message #4780500
A can't...C....B.......

B can...C.....A

I can't C....A or B

R..U....A.....or R...U....B

O.....I.....C....

G.......I....M.......No....Z

T....N....E.....1...?
Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
22-May-2020 11:16 Message #4780503
I've never blocked anyone and as far as I know nobody has blocked me. A couple of posters do deliberately bait others and get the expected response which one can only assume is exactly what they are seeking as they never post friendly threads or add pleasant comments to the threads of others. I can understand why many do choose to block such posters.
Another couple of posters are almost as bad and always respond to said baiting and this usually leads to a long and boring threads, I can understand why they might be blocked too.

Thankfully the majority of posters want to post interesting and often personal experiences, share things and chat about life generally. They want the friendly atmosphere one would expect from a site promoting friendship and dating.
Male
22-May-2020 13:40 Message #4780526
Some people block me when I start answering back.....Maybe I can be a bit 'in your face' sometimes in those situations.....

But I usually feel justified to answer back.....I'm not a shrinking violet....when I don't want to be a shrinking violet.....I can be an expanding violet....

I'm not able to baffle people with big words.....as I don't know any big words.....although I sometimes make some up......

One of the troll people used to say some rubbish in French.....as though that wins the day....then they smugly logout........Superioriseationed....

The only French I know is Del Boy French.....and Allo Allo policeman French.....
Male
22-May-2020 13:47 Message #4780528
......and Clouseau French as well........How could I forget him.....
Female
22-May-2020 13:58 Message #4780529
Thankfully the majority of posters want to post interesting and often personal experiences, share things..

The vociferous minority aren't, and are intolerant to anything that challenges an opinion and only seem able to fight back rather than engage politely.
Male
22-May-2020 14:34 Message #4780533
Pot Pourri.....
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire
22-May-2020 15:08 Message #4780537
Thankfully the majority of posters want to post interesting and often personal experiences, share things..

I'm very glad that is the case and sometimes we get a good run of posts on all sorts of subjects which is suddenly spoilt by someone wanting to push a personal agenda. They are often referred to as trolls.

1 2 3 Next   Last  

Help with conversations