Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Will LibDems support Layla Moran

a new leader?

Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
20-May-2020 10:01 Message #4780303
Will she be breath of fresh air in the way Starmer was for Labour.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
20-May-2020 10:18 Message #4780307
She could be, I've not even thought about the LIb Dems leadership thingy since before xmas, they seem a bit of a busted flush.
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex
20-May-2020 10:29 Message #4780308
TBH who gives a 4x.
Seems a bit odd given that she already said last year she wouldn't be running in the leadership race.
But you never know, a history of depression, violence with her then partner that led to them both being arrested, then coming out as pansexual, following which her then new partner was suspended by the party due to a forged e-mail.
She sounds like maybe a breath of something.
Not sure it's fresh air though.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
20-May-2020 11:37 Message #4780317
OMG she reminds me of a silly, giggly girl at school who takes exception to anything and everything - she's even trying the lesbian thing like a confused schoolgirl too.
The Lib Dems are having a shocker and have become nothing more than a protest party with no influence at all. Jo Swinson destroyed the party in the pathetically short time she was leader, took them on a suicide mission in the election and since then Ed Davey has trashed what little credibility they had left.
It's shocking to think that exactly 10 years ago they were in power, actually running the country with the Tories and look at them now.
It's even harder to believe that I actually voted Lib Dem a couple of times in the past and did so seriously....
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
20-May-2020 23:21 Message #4780353
A silly, depressive, violent, giggling part time lesbian! Never a dull moment with her in charge.
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
21-May-2020 09:16 Message #4780368
Nope.
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire
21-May-2020 10:21 Message #4780378
I really like her.
She has guts to come out with her feelings and risk ridicule.
I imagine, last year just wasn't her time, not wanting to step on toes of other contenders and in a new relationship.

As time goes on most individuals live and learn.
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex
21-May-2020 12:59 Message #4780405
....As time goes on most individuals live and learn.

If only that was true !!
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire
21-May-2020 21:13 Message #4780447
That's why I said "most".
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
24-May-2020 22:12 Message #4780959
Oh dear. Nobody cares.

Help with conversations