Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Are you a fast eater?

Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
18-May-2020 18:58 Message #4780158
OK another food thread.
Although I live by myself I always cook what I consider to be a proper meal from scratch every day. I can't remember the last time I had takeaway.
I make my own sweet and savoury pies including the pastry, cook a full roast, shepherds pie from scratch, curry from scratch, bolognese etc and it usually takes a good hour or more to prepare.
But when it comes to eating it, it's normally gone in less than ten minutes. All that time preparing it and whoosh it's gone in the blink of an eye.
I've never been one to savour what I'm eating, even in restaurants with friends or family I don't pace myself and savour each mouthful, I just get on with it and eat it.
Are you the same?...
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire
18-May-2020 21:03 Message #4780162
If you can eat it all its free
We used to have lots of offers like this in my area, right in the middle of my proper weight lifting days.
I had a few free meals in my time.
I was in a burger restaurant just before lockdown, just had a quick look around, but no poster, they stopped doing it around here.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
18-May-2020 21:20 Message #4780168
I, m a slow eater, I enjoy the food lol and I was once told if you eat slow and mastic ate you don't eat as much but feel full so don't get fatter lol
Male
18-May-2020 21:22 Message #4780171
Says she who polishes off a jar of gherkins in 24 hours.
Not much masticating there.... lol
Female
18-May-2020 21:23 Message #4780173
Ooh they give a lovely crunch lol
Male
18-May-2020 21:25 Message #4780175
I know.
I like to dip mine in salad cream....
Female
18-May-2020 21:31 Message #4780178
I cut some up and mixed them into vanilla ice cream lol I was on chemo and taste buds were weird lol
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
18-May-2020 22:17 Message #4780196
Lightning!!!
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire
18-May-2020 22:27 Message #4780199
after having a couple of bouts of very painful trapped wind in close succession i googled the problem...most likely eating too fast and trapping air....
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex
18-May-2020 23:45 Message #4780210
slow eater.

I often eat my evening meal from a tray ( with a small cloth ) in front of the t.v. I like my food nicely presented on the plate, knife, fork and a napkin. and mind table manners, even though it`s only the dogs that may see me eat .
For a healthy digestion it`s better to sit at a table on a straight dining chair .
Male
19-May-2020 07:20 Message #4780212
Ahh yeah that's another one of my "things", I never eat with the plate on my lap, always at a table.
I think I eat fast because coming from a family of five you had to get in quick and shovel it down your gob or you missed out....
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
19-May-2020 10:58 Message #4780230
I eat quite fast too and I don't know why, I make a concious effort to slow down as it does give me wind, I wonder if it was because I was married to a fast eater and felt I had to keep up, I don't know. Like you I cook from scratch and love to cook, so why do I bolt my food, who am I competing with, the dogs?
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
19-May-2020 11:17 Message #4780233
Sometimes you weigh up the factor 'Is it worth it?'

Hours to prepare and cook somethings........and seconds to eat.....

There's only so much time that you can eat some stuff for.....A bit of meat......if it needs chewing and chewing and chewing.....then the long cooking probably hasn't worked......you should be on to your next mouthful before the last one has reached your tubey bits and other innards....

I think I would do well at an eating contest...Depending on what it was and how I felt on the day......I've often felt I could eat and eat and eat.....

I've always wanted to eat the big silver platter of fish fingers that Captain Birds Eye has in the ads....

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
19-May-2020 18:49 Message #4780257
For me its easy, I enjoy cooking so its not a chore, I enjoy eating too as long as its good preperly cooked food, but saying that why does baked beans on toast always taste better when someone else has made it? If meat's that chewy then either its not been cooked properly or its poor quality.

Help with conversations