Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

I still hurt after all that

queuing last week

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
15-Apr-2020 19:00 Message #4776807
Now after a week I'm still in pain, I still feel like my hips and knees have been ground down into their sockets, ibuprofen helps a bit, paracetamol not at all, but I will only be able to take ibuprofen for a couple more days before I'll start getting side effects. I'm using a topical treatment too, but its all just masking the problem, I'd go to the doctor only I can't as they're only doing phone appts for those the receptionists approve and I can't getmy usual steriod injections either which really isn't helping. Anyone got any ideas?
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
15-Apr-2020 19:17 Message #4776816
I think you may chuck my advice back at me......as it's me......we probably don't agree on very much......but there are some Cherry products which have a reputation of helping....Especially the Montmorency cherries...

Fairly expensive perhaps.....They come in pill form or liquid I think....From places like Holland and Barrett..

I think a brand is called Cherry Active.....
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
15-Apr-2020 20:56 Message #4776826
I was also going to mention cherries. Some years ago I had Gout in my big toe. It was so painful - I'd had it for 3 weeks , it was as bad as toothache. A neighbour told me to get some cherries and add them to daily diet. Any kind - tinned,bottled, fresh, frozen. Juice was OK but was too sweet for me. Anyway, after 3 days the gout went & has only come back once since, and again I got the cherries and it cleared up completely. My doctor said that cherries contain a type of acid that neutralises the acid that was causing the pains in my toe. (Cant remember the name) I was also told to avoid tomatoes, red peppers & strawberries. Since then, I have always made sure I have a tin and a couple o bottles of cherries in the storecupboard. I have told other people about this too, as its also recommended for arthritis.
Female
Nemesis  Female  Dorset
15-Apr-2020 21:47 Message #4776829
Have you tried CBD? I have several friends who swear by it and Holland & Barret have some deals on at the moment, although there are other places where it might be better priced.
Female
16-Apr-2020 10:10 Message #4776866
I use CBD, and I will try cherries, thanks.

But I am worried about whats going on physically and why it still hurts so much.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
16-Apr-2020 13:42 Message #4776896
Have you been doing more than usual in the garden (with the nice weather and enforce lock-in) You may have done, without noticing it and you could have been using muscles that you dont usually use. Easily done. And arthritic pains do tend to last longer as we get older.

Have you changed anything in your diet recently which could have trggered any arthritic flare-up
Female
16-Apr-2020 19:06 Message #4776929
No, I've the aches in the places I'd expect from gardening, it definately started after standing for all that time and its a different sort of pain from arthritis, I don't have rhumatoid so I don't have flare ups, this feels like something quite different, I don't really know how to describe it, I feel raw somehow.

Help with conversations