Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Just thought I'd mention

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire
8-Apr-2020 22:18 Message #4775997
Yesterday John Prine died, another victim of Covid 19.

I appreciate many may not have heard of him, many people across the world have lost their lives to this virus so in a way John Prine is one of many thousands. Why am I posting this? because many years ago I was honoured to exchange a few emails with him and Arlo Guthrie; I was astounded they replied, they must have got hundreds, possibly thousands of emails from fans...so to me it was an honour, so I suppose I'm posting this as a way of expressing sadness at his passing.

If you like acoustic/folk/country music give him a listen, one I particularly liked was a duet with Nanci Griffith, 'Speed of the Sound of Loneliness'
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
8-Apr-2020 22:34 Message #4775999
It’s sad when anyone is ill and worse when we know them and they pass away. It’s a good memory for you terry. When you’re a fan you can feel you know them better than you know your friends.
Male
FirmButFair-TrollPatrol  Male  North Yorkshire
8-Apr-2020 23:05 Message #4776001
Magnolia Wind which I think was another duet.
Female
jeangenie  Female  County Antrim
8-Apr-2020 23:32 Message #4776011
I was saddened to hear of his death. My favourite song of his was Sam Stone. Also loved the album of duets...In Spite of Ourselves.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
9-Apr-2020 09:10 Message #4776030
A lot of fans will now be playing more of his music which isa nice tribute.
Male
Orson  Male  Tayside
9-Apr-2020 21:58 Message #4776147
One agrees with dear Terry & Jean. One fondly remembers Mr Prine and "Sam Stone" - a truly wonderful and moving song. RIP.

Help with conversations