Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Todays Daily workout....

1 2 Next   Last  

Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
1-Apr-2020 08:55 Message #4774521
Stretch........

ok......that's enough for Day 1
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex
1-Apr-2020 11:59 Message #4774538
While reading a book, well Kindle in my case ….. lift leg to chair level, lower. Lift other leg to chair level ….

Not true, not true, shall go for a slow jog later.
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire
1-Apr-2020 12:56 Message #4774559
the bunny hops the guy on tv does is defo the way forward,lol
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
1-Apr-2020 13:23 Message #4774567
Stands in the kitchen all morning cooking (for others who need)
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
2-Apr-2020 07:45 Message #4774734
Stretch.......

Why so energetic? It’s not necessary.
Male
Neros1954  Male  Devon
3-Apr-2020 08:37 Message #4774867
I’ve done more walking since the lockdown than I did before.
Male
petergarratt  Male  Cambridgeshire
5-Apr-2020 12:46 Message #4775377
I would like to know where the health minister gets his info from regarding his proposal from suggesting a 1hour exercise daily should be enough, whilst I agree that so far the advice has been good advice with all the ones who have followed it, but I think he wants to take further advice from the medical or gymnastic experts as I think he has just took a wild guess, if I only went out for a max of a hour a day. And was stuck indoors for 23 hrs a day even though I keep occupied during the day and use my treadmill with the virtual u, tube works are brilliant, it is not enough as i would definitely go into obese borderline as I found out from my scales. For me to keep within my scales I need to do between 8000 to 10000 steps daily, off what I do most days sometimes.
I am 77yoa and Part from my ra what restricts me from me doing no more than 2hrs on different chores at a time, reasonably fit. Trying to do these steps I do can not be done in the hour max as been suggested. What do other mse, s members think is his suggestion a wild guess ? Also keep well hope you all keep clear of the bugs and viruses all though I have only met up with a few it is nice to converse with you so perhaps we could chat more and you never know after this pandemic is over will be looking forward to see them regards
Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
5-Apr-2020 13:15 Message #4775380
He didn’t say one hour exercise only. That is something made up by social media.
Male
5-Apr-2020 13:20 Message #4775382
I am sorry but Hancock has already suggested it
Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
5-Apr-2020 13:23 Message #4775384
If he has it has been in a recent speech so sorry if I’m not up to date. A lot of the social media have been complaining about the one hour rule for a long time and we’re wrong as no government official had limited exercise time.
We were told to not go out to exercise more than once a day and to try to do so close to home and then keep the social distancing when out.
Male
5-Apr-2020 13:30 Message #4775385
The problem is with outdoor exercise....at a time when they are trying to keep everyone indoors as much as possible......

People are flouting the advice and are going outdoors for much longer periods than is being suggested.......They have said this morning that they might be bringing in stricter rules.....

Indoors.....you can do as many steps or as much exercise as you think you need.....or the doctor has recommended or whatever.....

They don't want people outdoors.....With the potential of mixing with others, picking up germs, and all....

They are trying to contain it......and put less pressure on the NHS and Emergency services etc.....

Accidents will probably happen indoors.....if everyone is indoors..,...but the main thing they're trying to do is with the COV virus at the moment....

Some makes sense......Some doesn't.....but we need to go along with their advice......
Male
5-Apr-2020 13:48 Message #4775387
Thank you until it is official so l will carry on doing the best I see it, I know that there is a lot une cary social gossip at the mo another peice of info not conected to mse was whilst the pandemic is on was not to make any friends on Facebook as a lot of bank accounts are being hacked At the mo, keepwell
Male
BOYDEL  Male  Surrey
5-Apr-2020 14:58 Message #4775397
Yes PG - assuming a 1 metre stride 10,000 daily steps would be around 5.5 miles and at average walking speed of let's say 3 mph that is nearer 2 hrs - maybe more in hilly terrain.
Male
5-Apr-2020 15:13 Message #4775399
Thank you boydel l would be asking for trouble any task I do more than 2 hours would give a flare, or simply putting give me arthritis pain so I have my limits anyway. Keep well

Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire
5-Apr-2020 23:25 Message #4775463
Great attitude Peter, very impressed with your exercise routine!
I went for a walk in the woods today, NO TEDDY BEARS!!
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire
6-Apr-2020 12:56 Message #4775507
Been exercising my mouth a lot recently ....mainly to my new best friend Alexa...

She's about the only decent conversation I have these days :(
Female
6-Apr-2020 13:01 Message #4775509
BOYDEL...

At the moment I'm walking for half an hour most days, I know you're good at working things out, so if possible, how far am I walking on average?

Keep it as simple as possible please, I only understand miles and yards :)

Thankyou
Male
6-Apr-2020 13:07 Message #4775510
If you're walking for half an hour every day...for 7 days......That means you will be 3 and a half hours away from your house at the end....

If that's any help......)
Male
6-Apr-2020 13:28 Message #4775514
Hi thanks for that these u, tube treadmill walks are brilliant the longest one I have done so far was a walk on Oaka beach( forgive me if it is not CORRECTLY) IN Hawaii what was 2hr5min and walked just over 7kilo according to my treadmill the beach blue sky and the sound vision of the sea surf was brill, another one I did was walking after dark during a thunderstorm the walker was walking under tree lined streets and could see the edge of his brolly he was holding to keep his camera dry ithink he took a chance doing that but with thunder lightning and heavy rain I was in the right place but was awesome. If. You are not lucky enough to have not been to Las Vegas, it is well looking at the 4k walking tour even though you are sitting to watch it. What a fantastic place duration time about 1hourregards
Male
6-Apr-2020 13:46 Message #4775519
TOPAZ53 Good for you better than nothing, my time limits are tight on how I run my life, luckily health minister has not started the 1hr exercise limit,, keep well
Male
6-Apr-2020 13:46 Message #4775520
TOPAZ53 Good for you better than nothing, my time limits are tight on how I run my life, luckily health minister has not started the 1hr exercise limit,, keep well
Male
6-Apr-2020 13:55 Message #4775521
Nothermit, enjoy your walk in the woods seen many bluebells yet or is it to early for them, I still fancy the weekend at Ramsbottom chocolate festival and the steam railway there I may put on the mse outing next year and see what response I will get I might have to do some walking after that festival keep well
Female
6-Apr-2020 14:35 Message #4775527
tumbled...

I'll get the bus then ;)
Female
6-Apr-2020 14:43 Message #4775528
Oooo ...did someone mention
CHOCOLATE ???

Is the exercising confined to one hour a day then....didn't know that.
Not that I could manage an hour but how does that work then.??

Could you walk to the shop which is half an hour there and back...for essentials, of course and THEN go out later for a half hour walk for excersise.. hmmm
Male
6-Apr-2020 15:07 Message #4775531
Topaz53 exactly at the mo it is only social media keeps bringing up take another issue here eg a elderly person who wants to walk who is slow with say hip problems how far is he, or she going able to go in a hour

1 2 Next   Last  

Help with conversations