Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

BE WARNED

Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 25-Mar-2020 17:10 Message #4773709
If, like me you rarely use your front door, and especially if your expecting a parcel, check your doorstep daily.

I ordered an item from ebay, that had a delivery date of Fri 27th -Sat 28th March, on going out the front door, (something I rarely do)- this afternoon, Wed 25th March, the parcel was on the step, no note in the door, I had seen, that the postman, if he had something needing a signature, would knock, put parcel ect, on the step then step back 2 paces when you opened the door and mark his list accordingly.
! didn' t expect them to leave it on the step and bugga orf, without putting a note or something through the door, to let you know it was there!
Female
Blue-Poppy  Female  East Yorkshire 25-Mar-2020 17:39 Message #4773711
Just the flippin' opposite for me on Monday. I went out at 10 to the bank - several things to do - then to local Sainsburys for about 9 things. Sainsbury is just a few doors from my chemist. When I got home the pharmacy delivery had been and unlike normally where they just shove the package through the letterbox, totally mangling the packaging, the man had put a card through to say I would have to collect as it needed signing for. Talk about contrary! Anyway I rang the chemist and as it was a medication I had plenty of I told them to forget it and stick it back on the shelf.

Sunday I had a delivery for Mother's Day and the young man refused to let me sign for it, said they are not doing signatures at the present time. DOH!!!
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 26-Mar-2020 08:17 Message #4773732
Our post box is in front brick pillar so if a parcel, it usually gets thrown over the gates, even big ones. We just have to hope the dog doesnt get it first.
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 26-Mar-2020 10:47 Message #4773753
Similar here. Knock on door. Open it man standing there indicates our parcel and legs it.

Trevor
Female
Siesta09  Female  Essex 26-Mar-2020 12:16 Message #4773763
Yep same here - bang the door down and leg it - the Royal Mail did wait and see if I answered the door
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 26-Mar-2020 18:00 Message #4773796
I’ve not signed anything for days. Some delivery drivers are signing themselves by writing CV 19.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »