Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Have you done anything strange recently

Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Mar-2020 09:49 Message #4773648
Hope tihs is not too boring

Yesterday we decided to go for walk round the fields and check the fencing etc. Quite a long walk, takes over an hour. We took the dog. The big middle field is on a slope & our fields are surrounded by another farmer's fields so you cant see any houses , roads or people. Its lovely in the present sunshine. I was very tired, so halfway down the middle field I decided to sit down in the long grass, and wait while himself & Leah went round the perimeter. Well, when he got back, I was laid out, fast asleep in the full sun. He left me there, and came back an hour later... and woke me up. I am not a good sleeper at the best of times, but I jut didnt want to wake up or even get up. I had such a job concentrating on cooking last night too. I also went to bed about 9.45pm and slept right thru till 5.30am. I think, it must have been a bit of a stress thing ,as it was so wam in the sun & made me relax a bit.

We have a lot going on at moment, new house - which we cant go to , delayed P/permission, delayed builders/tradesman champing at the bit, other family things. Garden which I dont know what to do about at moment, House & barns full of packed boxes, cant take any to new place due to state of it - been empty for 6 years ...I now have no idea where anything is, as there's just too much of it.

Although we havent run out of anything, we arent near shops anyway, so we will make do & mend if need be.

I think its all getting to me. Is everyone else coping well, or not
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 25-Mar-2020 10:07 Message #4773656
I'm physically tired mainly because I've been trying to grow as much food as possible, I'm emotionally tired because being the only one who can go out because I'm not in a vulnerable catagory I feel a responsibility for not getting ill myself and bring it back. Also I keep being told how I should arrange to do things like shopping, what I should buy, what I "can't" have anymore by Manthing who never goes shopping, has no idea of what its like in supermarkets at the best of times let alone now. The last thing I need is to be micromanaged by someone who knows squat.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Mar-2020 10:17 Message #4773658
I do know that feeling W/Hen - you want to say - "why dont you do it then". Can be quite draining.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 25-Mar-2020 10:30 Message #4773660
I caught a bus from Tesco to near home at 06:56 this morning.......I was the only one on the bus.....never driven a bus before......No...there was actually a driver.....

It's also the earliest I have ever caught a bus from Tesco to home.....setting a new world record.....sort of....
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Mar-2020 11:03 Message #4773666
first of many early ones then Tumbles.... its so lovely early in the mornings ... anywhere... best time of day. You might even like it,and apply for a PSV.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 25-Mar-2020 11:10 Message #4773668
Early things are not too bad when your day is your own.......I can go back to bed anytime......Wonderful stuff....

But, through life, early morning rising, 05:20 and then the 30 mile drive and 12 hour shift, and 30 miles back again was the stuff of nightmares......I hated it for many many years.....but carried on doing it.....and the nightshifts as well.......

But now....bliss
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Mar-2020 11:53 Message #4773670
I can beat that Tumbles, I used to work in the wholesale meat trade and got up at 3,30am for years which has messed up my sleep pattern forever. Although only 10 miles, I hated driving in the dark and esp thru snow drifts in winter. It was a lonely place too. I am always awake before 5.00 now.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »