Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

CAN I GO OUT THE FRONT

to cut the grass

Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 24-Mar-2020 13:32 Message #4773587
I thought we are being told to 'stay at home' NOT stay indoors!

There's no one out in their gardens in the sunshine around here, well not the 8 or so that I can see.

I was gonna cut my grass out the front, it's 2 small patches, but it's open plan, so no fence, between neighbours or between my grass and footpath, will I be slung in jail! If I go out with the mower?
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 24-Mar-2020 13:34 Message #4773589
you'll be fine. just say your are exercising but make sure you keep well away from the peeps who will stop and chat.

V x
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 24-Mar-2020 13:47 Message #4773592
You'll have to watch out for the obligatory 'Can you do mine as well' comments from the neighbours.....but otherwise you should be ok.....

ps....Same with washing the car......
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 24-Mar-2020 14:14 Message #4773595
lol tumbled,
i'll tell 'em, "me legs wont stand that much walking up n down, but they can use my mower to cut their own!!" lol.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 24-Mar-2020 14:24 Message #4773596
I snuck out during the night putting cards through people’s doors saying “why not help an old person by cutting his grass and washing his car” ... I’m waiting for one of the recipients to knock on my door :)
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 24-Mar-2020 15:03 Message #4773598
Ha ha all I've seen is neighbours cleaning windows and sweeping paths, they are obviously bored already.
It's day one of probably 3 months of lockdown so you need to pace yourself....

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »