Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Nosser

A bit of light relief.....

Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 19-Mar-2020 10:32 Message #4773055
We're going to need a bit of light relief for the next 5 or 6 years or so.....ok hopefully only a few months or weeks or days....

I wondered who would mention Nostradamus....or Nosser to his mates.....

He may or may not have predicted this in his quatrains or whatever....A lot of things seem to be how you interpret them.....

but.....

the big question is........

What else was Nosser 'famous' for?......

There's probably loads of answers......but the one I'm thinking of involves a recipe?.....What was the actual name of it....

This could be the start of a regular daily quizette thing....

Everyone can goggle the answer.....and also to give others a chance.....just put whether you got it right or wrong....with or without google....and have you ever tried it?
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 19-Mar-2020 13:24 Message #4773067
Didnt he predict the end of the world 23 October 2012.... do you think he got the dates wrong.
Female
KatieBubbles  Female  West Sussex 19-Mar-2020 13:54 Message #4773070
Were his recipes more reliable than his predictions?
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 19-Mar-2020 22:23 Message #4773103
i thought he predicted the end of the world for 2000...people of old always associated the end of a millenium with doom.

however, due to the way he wrote the verses it will always be a guessing game, and thankfully,despite all the other crackpots who forecast the end of the world for every other day, we are still here to prove them wrong ;¬)
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 20-Mar-2020 05:35 Message #4773111
He seemed to predict all sorts of things....roughly....or vaguely....or something......

But the answer to the recipe is......

Drum roll.......

No it's not a recipe for Drum roll......

it's a recipe for..............

and I heard this originally on QI a few years ago.....

it's for......

Cherry Jam......or Cherry Jelly he called it......

Tomorrow......

Michelangelo's recipe for Spag Bol..........Don't miss it.....
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 20-Mar-2020 11:08 Message #4773124
Later in the week......

Look out for Einstein's Tomato soup.........
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 20-Mar-2020 12:19 Message #4773126
Pretty sure Nostradamus predicted a 'great' plague/pestilence in Italy.

Italy is in deep sh*t, more deaths now than China. And they have the 2nd best health care in the world, 1st being Japan; deths around 40.. But those Italians will not follow the stay in doors orders.
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire 20-Mar-2020 13:35 Message #4773130
Nostradamus predicted so many possible events That it’s inevitable that some may be see. Knowledgeable. Much like a psychic or fortune teller.
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex 20-Mar-2020 19:38 Message #4773150
Mind you anything he might have predicted relating to dates is bound to be bit off.
He would have only known the Julian calendar.
The Gregorian calendar that we now use didn't come into general use until 1582, 16 years after Nostradamus had died and there were adjustments made to it to correct in relation to the equinoxes.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 20-Mar-2020 23:06 Message #4773175
Didn't he use the figure 66 as his prediction for the Great fire of London, 1666.

And the rise of Hitler. I think he used the word 'Hister' though that is an old word for the river Danube. In some of the predictions he used names, though interpretation sounds difficult.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »