Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Parcels...

Male
brisinger-the-beekeeper  Male  Lancashire
13-Feb-2020 11:46 Message #4770503
It really annoys me when parcel delivery people don't knock on the door I've been waiting a parcel and just happened to look up now to see someone putting something on the floor and start off down the lane :(
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire
13-Feb-2020 12:06 Message #4770505
Yeah, that's well out of order.
Small items I don't mind being left in a "safe" allocated place.
Bigger items I can track.

I know I've taken items in for both my neighbours...but yes some do tend to " leg it " rather quickly.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region
13-Feb-2020 13:06 Message #4770507
I was waiting for pair of work boot the other week, so came my bed time around 10am, and my Dad and brother were out, the text message said they would be here between 11am-1pm, so decided to just sleep on my recliner chair in the living room, just so when the door goes I get it before they F-off with the parcel!

So I was lightly sleeping on the chair, could hear cars going by the house, heard a van, I sprung up! Not for me. I then heard my letterbox flap close! I shot up! there was the little notice to say it they had tried to deliver my parcel! I opened the door and shouted the delivery driver back. I asked her where my package was? She put it next door..... I asked her did you even ring the bell?.... Yes! I pressed it in front of her, now my Dad is very hard of hearing, so our door bell is loud! She could hear in in the street never mind me lying on the couch able to hear a letter box shut!

It's happened before with weight plates, dumbells, kettlebells ect, heavy stuff I don't want delivered to my elderly neighbours!
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
13-Feb-2020 14:10 Message #4770516
Its very difficult for us. We have electric gates which are about 50' from house, there is a letterbox there but it wont take big parcels, and sometimes they need signatures. If I am in the barns or fields or even far side of house, I cant always get there in time. There is a speaker thingie but hardly anyone uses it. Also a phone number on gates if no answer, but they dont use that either. Occasionally, a driver will throw the parcel over the gates but never, if the dog is around. We dont have neighbours where anything can be left either, so if we are expecting something we have to stay nearby for hours sometimes - drives me potty.
Male
Maglorian  Male  North Yorkshire
13-Feb-2020 14:46 Message #4770531
Thats terrible for you Victoriana11. Have you considered employing a butler? Or maybe have a word in the posties ear, and offer him a bung to come up to your front door? Everyone has a price.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire
13-Feb-2020 15:24 Message #4770538
I think you need a better plan for parcel deliveries Victoriana lol.
Female
Ilsmileforu  Female  Durham
13-Feb-2020 15:27 Message #4770539
One of my parcel was thrown over next doors fence.
I said I have received a card, I asked them if it was left at there house, they said no.
They looked in their garden and there it was.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
13-Feb-2020 19:00 Message #4770571
Maglorian that was a horrible thing to say, I used to live up a track about 1/4 mile long and if I was out in the garden I wouldn't know if anyone was trying to come up the track, I've found parcels in bushes and all sorts of places. My house was a rented small two bed old farmhouse, not everyone who seems to live in a well off life is well off and anyway so what if they are?

Help with conversations