Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Clean as a whistle

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 10-Feb-2020 05:57 Message #4770258
It seems an odd expression when a whistle is an unhygienic piece of equipment or is the sound of a whistle from the mouth?
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 10-Feb-2020 09:22 Message #4770264
You wouldn't get a whistle anywhere near my mouth.... disgusting.
You can bet they don't sterilize them :/

Well you should know what needs to be "clean as a whistle " CHIOG as you work in the NHS.... Spotless, sterile, clean clean clean !!

Certainly not the case of good old Kettering General....
Years ago they were found to be not just the dirtiest in the county but the whole country !!!

I have personally witnessed it and it was on the news and in the papers.!!
I gave an interview to a national paper about it....I have never seen such a state. C-diff was rife and that contributed to my dads death.

Bring back matrons, because it's pretty bad when people have to take in their own sanitizer.

Not a dig at you CHIOG.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 10-Feb-2020 12:59 Message #4770293
Spotless, sterile, clean clean clean !!

Always.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 11-Feb-2020 11:02 Message #4770355
A whistle is not just an object, it is a sound. Perhaps it refers to the sound? No dirt sticks.
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 11-Feb-2020 15:53 Message #4770374
Hi Aely, how are you.

I get what you mean, looking at the bigger picture it is also a sound, but it's actual an old saying for being sterile or spotlessly clean...very hygienic :)
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire 12-Feb-2020 06:51 Message #4770405
But is your whistle as clean as a new pin?
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 12-Feb-2020 11:53 Message #4770424
Absolutely....I wouldn't have it any other way :)
Male
In-Focus  Male  the West Midlands 12-Feb-2020 22:57 Message #4770459
I remember somewhere it was referred to a decapitation of a persons head. Took his head off as clean as a whistle due to the sound of the sword as it cut through the air. :D

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »