Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Has anyone been watching

Spy in the Wild?

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 8-Feb-2020 11:47 Message #4770078
Its facinatingly freaky, the robotic spy animals are really cleverly made and what they can do is amazing, but some of them are the stuff of nightmares! You know when you're a child and you sometimes wonder if your toys have a secret life of their own at night or when you're out, I know many films and tv program have this as a theme, but this is on a whole other level.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 8-Feb-2020 12:14 Message #4770081
Rockhopper penguins. BBC, it's got to be one of the best 'spy in the wild' I've seen. And so funny. Also one about a tiger bring up a litter of cubs, that was such an insight.
Male
Seasons-Greetings  Male  Essex 9-Feb-2020 09:42 Message #4770148
Yes it's very good, the spy animals are so realistic, the way the gorilla family encountered the baby was a good one, and the filming and production must be such a painstaking process.
And very expensive too!!
So we should make the most of these while they're on as once Auntie loses it's royal charter, as seems most likely when the current one expires in 2027, and ends up commercially funded this sort of expensive undertaking will surely be where the axe will fall.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 9-Feb-2020 10:33 Message #4770155
Luckily though this is where the BBC can make lots of money from sales to other countries and DVD's although that must be a declining market these days.

I was amazed at the gorilla's singing whilst they ate and all that farting!

I found the leopard cub and the seal really disturbing, I don't like dolls or puppets and never have, these seemed to confirm my misgivings, although it dosen't stop me from watching.
Female
KatieBubbles  Female  West Sussex 9-Feb-2020 13:32 Message #4770189
I think I prefer to see the end result with less showing of the robots but it is very clever and sometimes amusing. It also captures some amazing filming.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 9-Feb-2020 18:36 Message #4770218
I find the reactions of various animals to the robots interesting, some definately know its not real and that its some kind of benign pressence, otehr see it as hostile or potentially hostile and some don't seem to notice it at all.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 12-Feb-2020 08:25 Message #4770407
I haven't been watching and now my aerial is playing up, made considerably worse by the recent high winds. I'll check it out on iplayer. I like the nature programmes when I have had a stressful day. It makes my brain feel happy again.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »