Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Boredom!

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 8-Feb-2020 08:23 Message #4770054
Do you get bored? What do you do to relieve that boredom?
Male
Wandering4fun  Male  North Yorkshire 8-Feb-2020 09:01 Message #4770059
If I’m bored and lively I listen to music.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 8-Feb-2020 11:23 Message #4770074
I rarely get time to be bored, I'd actually like to have the time to be bored, lifes a round of doing stuff that has to be done until I fall over from pain and lack of energy.
Female
Clocky  Female  the West Midlands 8-Feb-2020 12:32 Message #4770083
I'm bored at the moment. I've finished making a weaving pin-loom that me daughter started for me as a Christmas present. While I was looking at it wondering what to make next, I realised I could make it adjustable soi grabbed my drill... The battery is flat :( now I'm bored waiting for it to charge.
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 8-Feb-2020 19:44 Message #4770100
I do get bored sometimes, every one does.....
If the weather is ok, I will jump in the car and go for a ride to another town.
Visit an animal sanctuary, walk, visit friends

If I'm forced to stay in I will upcycle furniture. Do crosswords, catch up on programmes I've missed during the week, listen to music, do housework or DIY
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 8-Feb-2020 20:45 Message #4770108
I dont get time to get bored...... I am always trying to catch up. I feel that I have so much to do and so little time to do it in.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 8-Feb-2020 20:59 Message #4770112
Very rarely get bored
Male
Beach  Male  Somerset 8-Feb-2020 21:23 Message #4770116
What Euro said. :-)
Male
SQL  Male  Devon 8-Feb-2020 21:33 Message #4770117
Where on earth do you find time to get bored?

I've got a bungalow that needs a tidy-up, a garden that is still 'work in progress', numerous films to finish, I help with a few local societies (too many actually), help with the care of a relative - and the greenhouse needs to be dismantled and restored very soon !!

Just not enough time left in my life for everything.

SQL
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire 8-Feb-2020 23:17 Message #4770127
When it comes to some chores I can be very busy and bored at the same time but not often.
Male
Neros1954  Male  Devon 9-Feb-2020 14:14 Message #4770197
It’s very true that you can be busy and bored. Fortunately I lead quite a quiet and satisfying life without trauma or boredom.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 10-Feb-2020 09:56 Message #4770267
I find one of the things to stop boredom is to change what you are doing.....You have to act whenever signs of boredom start appearing....

Whether it be starting to do something.....or stopping doing something....

Doing some work.....or relaxing....or contacting family....or even logging in here.....or logging out as well....It all involves doing one of many other things, which will vary from person to person....

I mentioned in another thread about how much youtube etc I watch nowadays.....You can lose yourself in it as and when you want.....Anything you want....whether serious or light hearted....whether factual or fiction...whether classical or heavy rock music...whether boxing or any other sport.....we all have our own interests..

The same with books as well......

Then there's things like gardening for some.....cycling for others....walking for many.....

There are just too many things to turn to when the feelings of boredom starts to come knocking.......The things I've mentioned only scratch the surface......

Oh, another one.....repairing a scratched surface......
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 10-Feb-2020 12:13 Message #4770283
Chores can be boring, hoovering or something, ironing definitely. But have to be done.

I don't think I've been bored for sometime, not since I retired! Now is the time. I sometimes wonder how on earth I found time when I worked, since now I find I have less time, if that makes sense.

But again it's quite nice to have a day doing absolutely nothing, except reading a book.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 10-Feb-2020 12:55 Message #4770290
I can be very busy and bored at the same time

Very true.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »