Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

ANY BRAVE MEN OR WOMEN ON HERE

MUST HAVE GOOD EYESIGHT

Female
Pilgrims_Rest  Female  Wiltshire
2-Feb-2020 00:55 Message #4769642
I was watching TV last night, whilst going through some very important paper work.

I had been watch some programs I had recorded and they had finished & my TV
reverted to what was now showing on TV.

Who has watched NAKED ATTRACTION or any of it's programs??

Well the men & women were as naked as the day they were born, well !! not quite,
they were big girls & boys now in other ways. Not particularly young people either.

I'm certainly no prude, and have seen many naked bodies over the years. Have men
& women become so desperate, that they are quite happy to bare all to appear of this
program.

And it seems normal now, that the only place you're likely to see any hair, is on the head
& maybe men with beards.

I certainly would not have the nerve, or be brave enough to let it all hang out.

Would you contemplate appearing on this show??

Dee
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
2-Feb-2020 08:02 Message #4769646
I’ve caught bits of this a few times. I can’t see any serious purpose and considering so many guys and gals are completely naked they’ve managed to make it completely non-sexual. I suppose the participants are there for a bit of fun and a little voyeurism.

No surprise that today’s youth think hair is for the head. Some interesting shapes and sizes if you have an eye for human anatomy as the participants are not all stereotypical body beautiful.

No way would I want to be on such a show.
Male
RobM  Male  Essex
2-Feb-2020 10:14 Message #4769665
Cheap, in every sense, TV.
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London
2-Feb-2020 10:18 Message #4769666
Most of tv viewing is cheap entertainment and obviously appeals to the masses. There are dramas, documentaries and films for the more discerning.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
2-Feb-2020 11:03 Message #4769673
I've only ever seen bits of it on gogglebox and then I have to avert my eyes, I've nothing against nudity, sex or the human body, I just don't want to look at it on my tv screen like that.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
2-Feb-2020 11:43 Message #4769675
Quite simply, no I would not contemplate it. Either participating, or watching. :)
Male
The_38th_Parallel  Male  Essex
2-Feb-2020 13:06 Message #4769683
Have seen it occasionally if channel hopping during advert breaks etc at that time of night.
Some people certainly are keen to show their inhibitions or maybe it's their exhibitionism, and each to their own, but I'm not sure how you'd get on at work the next day after flaunting all your wares on national tele.
Maybe they just crave the attention.
But the success rate when they meet up later in reverse, i.e. with their clothes on rarely seems to go well and the follow on meets even more so.
Female
Mumsie  Female  Warwickshire
2-Feb-2020 15:51 Message #4769689
Sorry I would never even think of showing all on tv

Doubt anyone would want to see my blobby scarred body .
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
2-Feb-2020 16:45 Message #4769692
It used to be on years ago - maybe 17-20years. One that was shown a couple of weeks ago was about 15 years old. When you've seen one you've seen them all. Its bread & bread.

At the time I thought, is nothing sacred ??? Not really my cup of tea.
Nothing wrong with a naked body - just wouldnt want to show mine to everyone.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
2-Feb-2020 19:40 Message #4769701
Watched it a few times and makes me realise personality defo counts more lol
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire
3-Feb-2020 03:53 Message #4769708
Agree with whoever said that it certainly isn't sexy. I think a positive that it does have is that it shows all ranges of normal bodies. We're so bombarded with airbrushed and totally reconstructed images of the body beautiful, from poster ads, tv, Instagram, things like Love Island etc etc, that we can easily forget our own bodies reflect true nature and normality.
I'd say it can be an antidote to incipient body shaming.
Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
3-Feb-2020 08:22 Message #4769718
I’ve watched it a few times. It would be far too boring to watch regularly. It quickly disproved the theory of seeing one and you’ve seen them all.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region
4-Feb-2020 23:38 Message #4769845
I watch it regularly. I've done a thread on here before about it. Some of the sights you see are just horrific!

No I would never go on it, as my looks aren't really my strong suit.

I do laugh when it all goes "Tits up" at the end....

I often ask myself as I watch it "Why the F... would they go on looking like that? They aren't getting picked!"

I also wonder how... watered down it really is.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
5-Feb-2020 11:28 Message #4769878
Maybe for the same reasons as tone deaf people always believe they can sing and do so loudly at any available opportunity and wonder why everyone runs away?

Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
10-Feb-2020 13:04 Message #4770296
I think a positive that it does have is that it shows all ranges of normal bodies.

I watched it and immediately felt confident and proud but perhaps the guys on there were just having a bad night.

Help with conversations