Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Poor Woman

Ireland

1 2 Next   Last  

Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region
31-Jan-2020 21:58 Message #4769593
Hi Folks.

So just heard a story, from Ireland, it was on an online newspaper. Not sure when it was, might be old news.

Woman was out on a night out, she walked down an alley way and a immigrant raped her. Rape was an understatement. He raped her so badly she is unable to have children naturally, she also requires a colostomy bag for life.

At what point do we admit this isn't working? Hope many more womens lives must be ruined, or indeed ended before this gets addresses seriously?

I've been hearing horrific stories from Sweden, Germany and France for years! But they are getting closer and closer to home. Nicola Sturgeon holding up a sign saying "Refugees welcome Plenty of room" terrifies me.

Where is this going to end? I don't think diversity is our strength. The saying "Diversity + Proximity = War" I think is very true.

Thoughts on migrants sexually assaulting, raping and murdering women?

Is there a solution? or is it just the price we have to pay for an "enriched" diverse nation?
Male
BOYDEL  Male  Surrey
31-Jan-2020 22:20 Message #4769597
National borders are a relatively new construct in the overall history of mankind - and the world's populations for most of that time roamed freely and did what they pleased.

There is much shame in that history for many obvious reasons.

Rape per se is not confined to migrants recent or otherwise - so closing borders is not a solution.

The Nazi final solution was all about eradicating everyone with any aberration but how many would now vote for such a solution to in effect eradicate DNA induced aberrations?
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
31-Jan-2020 22:23 Message #4769598
Like the Indonesian guy who raped 130 odd men in Manchester, he lived here for seven years, awful rape by all men and a few women has always gone on, the question maybe is why? I personally do not have an answer as its a big question on immigrants illegal or otherwise, my dad was a legal immigrant and I have many friends who are now legal immigrants in other countries, we cannot tar all with the same brush,
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire
31-Jan-2020 22:27 Message #4769599
its a tough one bob, when i hear things like this it makes my blood boil and i think that the death penalty would be to swift and kind to them, hung, drawn and quartered being more appropriate.

but then i think about the nice helpful ones i know that just want to earn a crust and be part of our society.
its like all societies bob, one bad apple... ?

i think the "bad ones" already have history before they come over here, and therefore we need much tougher vetting [this might be possible now we are leaving the EU] to keep them out of this country in the first place.
Male
BOYDEL  Male  Surrey
31-Jan-2020 22:47 Message #4769602
Fosy

UK already has/had potential to set wide ranging criteria for immigration even as an EU member but chose not to use that power and I doubt that leaving will enhance the ability to get the equivalent of some kind of International CRB check.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire
31-Jan-2020 22:50 Message #4769604
i was thinking more along the lines of reducing freedom of movement that we had little control over as its an EU policy.

if the power is already there then its time to use it.
Male
BOYDEL  Male  Surrey
31-Jan-2020 23:04 Message #4769606
Fosy

I should have put a caveat earlier that we can/could control EU migration - but not non EU immigration eg Commonwealth Countries who account for the bulk of all immigration.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset
1-Feb-2020 09:36 Message #4769608
Office for national statistics (Latest figures – 2016)

I’m taking a visual guesstimate from a graph in the Executive Summary of the Statistics on Race and the Criminal Justice System 2016. A Ministry of Justice publication under Section 95 of the Criminal Justice Act 1991.

Prison population is approx 80% white people.

Arrests is approx 78% white people.

Prosecutions are approx 88% white people.

Convictions are approx 89% white people.

Prison population is approx 73% white people.

The O.P is being obtuse in regard to fairly commenting on the reality of crime in the UK, particularly when related to immigrants.

Truth is; if you are black, mixed race or an immigrant, the, so called, native UK population is likely to give you a hard time.

Racially or Religiously aggravated offences

There was an 18% rise in racially or religiously aggravated offences compared with the previous year and a 62% increase over the past 5 years. Around three-quarters (77%) of these offences were harassment or causing public fear, alarm or distress offences.

The Black ethnic group were 4 times more likely than the White ethnic group to be a victim of homicide

Conviction ratios

White defendants have consistently had the highest conviction ratio for indictable offences out of all ethnic groups since 2012 (ranging from 80% to 86%), with the exception of Chinese or Other in 2015 (84%). The Relative Rate Index indicates there is a statistically significant disparity in the rates at which defendants from non-White ethnic groups are convicted when compared to White defendants.

A few more facts to upset those too blind to see

The UK is the 10th largest source of migrants to the rest of the world.
Source: Pew Research Center, 2016

The UK population greatly overestimates the proportion of immigrants in the country.
Source: Ipsos Mori

When the press specifically used the words 'immigrants' or 'migrants', rather than 'immigration,'  the word 'illegal' was used 3 out of 10 times.
Source: University of Oxford, The Migration Observatory, 2016

Overall, migrants give more to the UK than they take. 
Source: University College London

The above statistics are now 4 years old and since the 'B' word and a rise in extreme views, (both ways), racism has only increased ... and been fuelled by the kind of bias thinking as outlined in the originator of this post.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
1-Feb-2020 10:17 Message #4769609
So Bob what about when a white man rapes a woman that badly, who do you blame it then?
Male
1-Feb-2020 11:01 Message #4769610
"its a tough one bob, when i hear things like this it makes my blood boil "

Yes indeed.

"but then i think about the nice helpful ones i know that just want to earn a crust and be part of our society.
its like all societies bob, one bad apple... ?"

Again agree with you Fosy and with Euro, many decent individuals come here to better themselves and abide by the laws, these horrific stories are on the increase.... I would add it's more than one bad apple.

"i think the "bad ones" already have history before they come over here, and therefore we need much tougher vetting [this might be possible now we are leaving the EU] to keep them out of this country in the first place."

Yes! I don't think an upstanding member of society in..... all of a sudden turns into a violent rapist the minute his feet touch British soil. They were violent rapists in what ever shit hole they came from. Hopefully we see drastic changes to the way we let people into this country. Problem being, the damage the ones that are already here are going to cause.
Male
1-Feb-2020 11:02 Message #4769611
"So Bob what about when a white man rapes a woman that badly, who do you blame it then?"

Is this a trick question?
Male
1-Feb-2020 11:05 Message #4769612
"There was an 18% rise in racially or religiously aggravated offences compared with the previous year and a 62% increase over the past 5 years. Around three-quarters (77%) of these offences were harassment or causing public fear, alarm or distress offences."

Yes.... It has increase.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/elderly-woman-questioned-police-hate-13535704
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
1-Feb-2020 14:51 Message #4769619
Whatever our views on immigration it is a documented fact that immigrants, particularly those from countries such as Syria and Somalia have a much higher offending rate for sexual offences than average.
The lawlessness and misogynist views in their own countries must affect their behaviour.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
1-Feb-2020 18:52 Message #4769627
No Bob its not a trick question? If you take race out of the equation who do you blame?

Male
4-Feb-2020 23:10 Message #4769838
"Whatever our views on immigration it is a documented fact that immigrants, particularly those from countries such as Syria and Somalia have a much higher offending rate for sexual offences than average.
The lawlessness and misogynist views in their own countries must affect their behaviour."

I haven't heard that before, and I seriously don't doubt it for one second, I'd also expect that there is more that just the two countries you listed!

Why the silence on it though? If it is a "Documented Fact", and again, I don't doubt it for a second, if it is so well documented.....Why are the Feminists who have garnered such power and influence recently got nothing to say about this? Surely they should be up in arms about allowing people with such backward and violent mindsets into this country, but they are not, or so it would seem. I think that stories mentioned above, they create huge anger in me, saddens me to think how bad it must be in the likes of Somalia and Syria for women on a daily basis. Never mind a silly statistics manipulated to make women think they are paid less for the same job as a man, these women are dealing with something real. That something real is being brought to this country.

I'd have assumed these extreme feminists would have packed up their hair dye, all their high in saturated fat foods, their signs and sailed over to these places and fight for disadvantaged women!

I guess the Swede/German chanting of "Rapists over Racist" rings very true!
Male
4-Feb-2020 23:11 Message #4769839
"No Bob its not a trick question? If you take race out of the equation who do you blame?"

The rapist......
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
5-Feb-2020 08:42 Message #4769852
The rapist......

The only possible answer.
Male
5-Feb-2020 10:26 Message #4769864
"The only possible answer."

Yes. Hence why I thought it was a trick question.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire
5-Feb-2020 10:48 Message #4769871
Totally agree, we've pussyfooted about too much with all these foreigners and their ways....let's get rid of them all, start with the yanks, when you see some of the stuff they produce it's disgusting, then we can move on to other nationalities. About time the world realised we don't want people moving about, they should stay where they are and put up with whatever crap they cause, not export it to us.
I didn't see that sign by the way, was it a good one with pictures?
Diversity + proximity = war, haven't heard of that one, could it be used for the commercial/fiscal side of society? could do with getting rid of a few billionaires whilst we're at it, plus it might get rid of some of the annoying ads we're lumbered with.

Thoughts on migrants sexually assaulting, raping and murdering women. I think the same as if it were non migrants doing it.

And before you jump in with your usual questions attempting to justify this thread, it's simply another migrant bashing thread disguised as caring.
Male
5-Feb-2020 21:49 Message #4769905
"And before you jump in with your usual questions attempting to justify this thread"

I'm not sure I feel the need to justify it. It is an issue I believe could do with addressing and I wanted to make a thread about it..... That is my justification.

"it's simply another migrant bashing thread disguised as caring."

If you wish to call it migrant bashing, feel free.....

However I do have to take issue with thinking I don't care about the victim. I don't feel the need to disguise my feeling about migrants.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset
6-Feb-2020 09:50 Message #4769913
A straight couple of questions, Bob ... asked purely to understand where you are coming from on the migrant issue.

When you say, "I don't feel the need to disguise my feeling about migrants", are you making that statement while painting a broad brush to include folk from South Africa, America, Australia or anywhere that isn't the United Kingdom?

And the second question.

You say migrant but do you actually mean illegal immigrant and/or do you include legitimate asylum seekers, people who may have faced genuine danger or a threat on their life in their former country?

I ask these questions because your point of view seems ambiguous or if not ambiguous, possibly targeted at specific individual races though I don't see you labelling any race specifically.

Am I wrong in that observation and would it be more accurate for me to assume that you have "issues" with ALL migrants, immigrants or asylum seekers?

Repeat. I'm bowling a straight ball and not meaning to infer anything or trip you up into saying or stating anything controversial.

I'd just appreciate clarification on the emotions, feelings or reasoning behind the general thrust of your comments.
Male
Michaelt  Male  Devon
6-Feb-2020 11:49 Message #4769919
You forgot to mention that we Englanders are perfect human beings, this would have given your comment credence.

Here is the other side of the coin.

I am British born and bred, and I say Migrants/Asylum seekers are welcome here, not least because they are fleeing their country's due to our Government's foreign policy. And most because they are human beings needing our help.

The blatant ignorance of some people in this country doesnt surprise me, after all we had the Empire where we treated the natives of those country's as inferiors, they were forced to bow down to our egotistical superiority.
Male
Michaelt  Male  Devon
6-Feb-2020 11:51 Message #4769920
Nice one Terry.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
6-Feb-2020 12:05 Message #4769921
Englanders are perfect human beings

I’ve seen no-one saying that.

they (migrants/asylum seekers) are fleeing their country's due to our Government's foreign policy.

Do you seriously believe the British are responsible for all migrants fleeing their country of origin?

The blatant ignorance of some people in this country

Haha! You’ve given away your true identity. I wondered what Jeremy Corbyn, who always hated the Brits, would be doing now Labour voters have kicked him out - he is right here under the guise of Michaelt.
Male
Michaelt  Male  Devon
6-Feb-2020 13:36 Message #4769927
HotOrWot, I stand by my comment.

1 2 Next   Last  

Help with conversations