Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Storm Brendan

Argghhhh

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 13-Jan-2020 18:55 Message #4768147
Its been horrible, fighting against wind and torrential rain, for about 20 mins earlier it was like someone throwing buckets of crushed ice and water at the windows, I thought we might have had a flash flood after as the road wasalmost a river and the drains seemed unable to cope.

We've got more to come tommorow too.

Good Luck
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 13-Jan-2020 20:17 Message #4768150
That makes sense now!! Haven't seen the forecast today but thought it sounded like hailstones earlier and there was a horrendous storm, and like you Hen,
if sounded like ice hitting the door.

The wind was so strong that I had to close the cat flap as it was blowing right through.

The whole yard was flooded and its not long calmed down.
More tomorrow ??
Happy days :/
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 14-Jan-2020 08:18 Message #4768168
Batten down the hatches.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 14-Jan-2020 10:48 Message #4768180
I think I'm going to have to take Fearn for a road walk this evening when its stopped raining, it was to windy to go out yesterday and she won't go out in the rain and I'm not taking her for a drag again, I did that once when she was younger, never again.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 14-Jan-2020 10:52 Message #4768182
Yes it was quite bad here too....

I was down the west coast last night, wind just blowing things about, luckily when it came to unloading the rain stopped and it was just the wind!
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 15-Jan-2020 10:45 Message #4768238
Now its a bright sunny day and apart fro the wind you'd think nothing had happened, I'll have to takes the dogs for a decent walk today as they may not get one tomorow as we've got yet more wind and rain it probably won't clear up until sunday, but then at least the weather looks to calm down for a bit.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 15-Jan-2020 12:36 Message #4768247
My plastic garden chairs blew over.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 15-Jan-2020 16:02 Message #4768255
My plastic garden chairs blew over.

You must have been devastated. I hope nobody was hurt. :)
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 15-Jan-2020 18:48 Message #4768274
My wooden garden bench blew over and some of my brassicas are bent!
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 15-Jan-2020 21:17 Message #4768282
Terrible here, I thought I could hear a train coming along during the night, but when I woke properly, I rememberd we dont live near a railway. Our power went off for about 5 hours( as usual ) We went to bed to get warm but were woken by a torch light flashing from the gates, Someone was trying to force the electric ones open, and we found out it was the Electricity maintenance people. There was an overhead cable down, up in the main fields. We left them to it, as it was chucking it down and the wind was dreadful too. All sorts of debris in the court yard this morning.
Female
Cautious1954  Female  Berkshire 16-Jan-2020 06:58 Message #4768300
It was cold and wet and the wind howled. In the morning my small plastic greenhouse had tumbled down the garden leaving a lot of mess to clear up and several fairly large branches had broken off next doors tree and landed in my garden but luckily did no damage. Two empty bins had blown over but luckily the full bin was too heavy for the wind to move. It looked bad but no real damage done.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 16-Jan-2020 10:40 Message #4768318
For some reason we always get strong wind on a monday night when the bins are due out for early collection tuesday morning and if we're going to have loads of rain its on a thursday which is our main shopping day, right on time its brewing up another storm.
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire 18-Jan-2020 08:33 Message #4768522
I didn’t see much of Storm Brendan but I’m looking at a frost this morning.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »