Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Do you watch

Tales....

Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
5-Jan-2020 21:06 Message #4767465
of the Unexpected.....

Do you have any favourite ones.....the murder with the lamb joint for instance...then the murderer and police sitting down to eat the evidence.....Susan George and Brian Blessed in that one.....

I've just watched one with Harold Steptoe, Mr Mackay from Porridge....and Wally Batty and Compo from Summer Wine.....all in the same episode.....

Which ones do you like.....
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire
6-Jan-2020 16:38 Message #4767509
I ABSOLUTELY loved tales of the unexpected.

Can't say I had any particular favourite though.

Where are they showing on please tumbled ?
Female
happywalker  Female  Dorset
6-Jan-2020 18:28 Message #4767519
I worked on Tales of the Unexpected at Anglia TV in Norwich in late 70’s, early 80’s!
Met some interesting people in those times.
I think my favourite was ‘I’ll be seeing you.’
Best one for ‘real’ drama was The Boy Who Talked to Animals. It was filmed at Braunton in North Devon and was supposed to be set in Jamaica! a lorry load of plastic palm trees caught fire on the M5 on the way down. It then rained non stop for over 6 weeks and was July/August. The whole film crew took over Braunton Sands hotel for weeks on end and if I remember correctly, the bar bill alone blew the budget for the whole episode. I can even remember the name of the hotel owner, it must have been his best season ever!!
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
6-Jan-2020 22:44 Message #4767550
Interesting Happywalker.....I've just looked up 'I'll be seeing you'....I remember Anthony Valentine being in a couple.....I used to like his horrible 'Colditz' character....A good actor...

I'll watch the Animals one as well....I used to go to the Braunton area many times....Woolacombe and Ilfracombe nearby..

Topaz....The ones I'm watching are on youtube.....loads of them on there....some might be on Dailymotion as well......Enjoy.....

Help with conversations