Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

A couple of things that I hadn't planned..

on watching today......but I just have...

Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 2-Jan-2020 21:27 Message #4767188
Skinhead Slade from the early days.....Just when everyone is acing their Slade off into the loft for another year....I came across an old Skinhead Slade.....black and white......Noddy and Dave look so different....

Another is B.A Robertson 'Bang Bang' video....Haven't seen that for ages....

Isn't it strange how many unplanned things turn up....

Have you done anything unplanned today.....
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 2-Jan-2020 21:39 Message #4767191
remember the name "ambrose slade" before they shortened it to slade ?
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 2-Jan-2020 21:44 Message #4767194
yeah ended up in town shopping with two 10 year old boys.....jeez its harder than decorating......…..lol
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 2-Jan-2020 23:06 Message #4767203
I am one of the rare breeds that have learnt not to get excited over any sort of plan.
I can look forward to something, but am rarely disappointed when it doesn't happen, I just reschedule if possible.

My plans changed about 3-4 times today...
I THOUGHT I'd go for a drive, have a nice walk and treat myself to lunch...THEN got engrossed in a 3 part drama which ate into the day..
SO I phoned the elderly man to arrange a visit this afternoon, instead of tomorrow, but he wasn't in..
THEN decided to have lunch in and then go into the next town to shop..
BUT got distracted and left it too late!!
EVENTUALLY just walked into town and came home.
END of my day.....!!!!

LESSON OF THE DAY..........

LIFE IS ALWAYS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 3-Jan-2020 09:01 Message #4767214
Take it as it comes.

Watched DR Who and Repair Shop - always interesting skills from the varied crafts people

Trevor
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 3-Jan-2020 10:52 Message #4767227
Topaz I try to be the same, I tend not to make plans involving other people as they always change their minds, I only make plans for myself to do stuff alone and even then it all gets changed about, usually due to other people making plans involving me. I resent being included in the plans of others without being consulted and then having an argument when I say I don't want to do whatever it is, its often something stupid, like Manthings seeming inability to go to the tip alone.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 5-Feb-2020 11:27 Message #4769877
I couldn't remember what Scritti Politti sounded like.....so I got on good old youtube to remember...

The reason in the first place......I was watching one of my favourite comedians....Kevin Bridges...Absolutely hilarious....a great stand up....and he mentioned Marti Pellow.....then I started thinking about what he was up to nowadays....so google to the rescue...then I noticed that Wet Wet Wet was named after lyrics in a Scritti Politti song.....which I didn't know.......So hence started looking up Scritti Politti...

If someone had told me earlier that I would have been googling Pellow and youtubing Scritti.....I would have said they were mad mad mad...
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 12-Feb-2020 06:40 Message #4770404
Sometimes when having a quick snack I switch on the telly for 15 minutes or so and watch bits of old quiz shows. Lately these have been Who want to be a Millionaire but instead of switching off I sit for an hour and keep watching.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »