Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Do you get danger signals

That tell you to leave Midsummer alone for a while?

1 2 3 Next >  Last >> 

Male
Beach  Male  Somerset 16-Dec-2019 17:56 Message #4765662
Burnout? Frustration? A touch of Deja Vu?

10 minute ago I was just fine ... Then something shifted and I found myself saying, "Nah. I've just gotta take a bit of time out."

Happy Xmas, Peeps.

Chat in the New Year.

And, just as before, please hound me out of this place if you see me here online again between now and 2020. :-) xxx

Over and out.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 16-Dec-2019 18:35 Message #4765674
Yes, Bugga off! :-p
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire 16-Dec-2019 18:37 Message #4765676
See you next year Beach.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 17-Dec-2019 06:18 Message #4765716
Beach. You will never resist the temptations. I bet we see you before Christmas.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 17-Dec-2019 07:12 Message #4765727
No, not with this site. This site is quite quiet and peaceful. I did get kind of burn out with Twitter, and I suppose Instagram. Got away from them onto Tumblr, then I got banned!

Suppose it just depends on how often you visit a site!
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 17-Dec-2019 08:08 Message #4765734
Just realised....my names a bit like tumblr.....It could be worse....I was thinking of calling myself grinder...That would have been a pain in the arse.....( sorry for the un PC.....couldn't resist..)
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 17-Dec-2019 10:10 Message #4765741
No I don't, but then I dont think I invest as heavilly emotionally speaking as you Beach.
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 17-Dec-2019 15:36 Message #4765783
Agree with WH Beach !

Have a great Christmas and a good break and look forward to hearing from you next year.

Did tell you that you'd get repetitive strain injury ;)
Female
moonlightglow  Female  Cheshire 17-Dec-2019 16:53 Message #4765793
Yes Beach I can imagine

Christmas season ( or renamed " silly season ". ) lol too ,can bring out not so

good characteristics

That mixed with some alchofrolic drinks one might feel a need to

run for cover or seek shelter lol
Female
moonlightglow  Female  Cheshire 17-Dec-2019 16:54 Message #4765794
Happy Christmas Beach x
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 19-Dec-2019 17:06 Message #4765990
Sorry, I was taking time out...
Happy New Year when you return Beach.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 19-Dec-2019 20:22 Message #4766003
It's strange that we have to think like 'I need to take a break'.....as though we're in a really stressful job or something....or we're doing something on here that we have to do....and we need a holiday....

Why do we allow it to affect us like that?....I say we, but some perhaps aren't affected like that....

I get it quite a lot.....and yet I often plod on....as though I have to plod on....as though it's my job to plod on....

I often ask myself 'Why bother?'....Just walk away....for good....but a few days break, and you come back to 'plod on' again...

I don't mean this in a disrespectful nasty way.....but I certainly haven't got any close friends on here...I get more hate than friendliness it often feels....Maybe I give it out too....I've certainly been accused of it....

I haven't got much in common with anyone on here....yet I still plod on.....Thinking about it, it's all rather depressing....I start a thread sometimes.....very few interested.....I add to threads sometimes....very few interested....My so called 'humour' is often lost.....and don't know if it's above everyones head, below everyones head...or feet.....or just rubbish......but I plod on....

Perhaps I should stop plodding....In the meantime, i'll just plod on....
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 19-Dec-2019 21:45 Message #4766009
blinkin eck tumbles I,m near crying here after reading that...……….
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 20-Dec-2019 06:23 Message #4766026
Plod on tumbled. We’d miss you if you weren’t here.

Female
moonlightglow  Female  Cheshire 21-Dec-2019 23:01 Message #4766261
Hello tumbled Well said

I can empathise with nearly every word you have said and may i say forums aren't always easy with often a lot of variables to negotiate and consider on an equal number of levels

Subjects of passion the most difficult to handle where things can get slightly heated

I'm speaking from experience

but may I say you sound a love!y man /very aware / caring and sensitive

Blessings sent for Christmas Season
Male
Justaguy  Male  South East London 22-Dec-2019 02:55 Message #4766272
I did see you lurking on here this evening Beach
when I looked at whose online I saw your name and photo come up as present even if you didn't participate
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 22-Dec-2019 09:01 Message #4766284
You posted during the night Justaguy. Could you have been dreaming of Beach?
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 22-Dec-2019 11:03 Message #4766306
I don't so much get warnings about over exposure to MSE as taking too much notice of individuals. Now tending to block sooner rather than later.
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 22-Dec-2019 12:08 Message #4766311
That 'Beach' bloke can't resist really!! lol

He might not of appeared on the boards, but he was showing as 'on line' last night! ;-}

I saw ya!!!

lol.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 22-Dec-2019 14:32 Message #4766328
Thanks moonlight.....I try every now and again to be a nice man.......don't tell all the others though....they think I'm Stu Vicious....
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 22-Dec-2019 18:35 Message #4766345
What you mean you're not...? Thats my whole xmas ruined now, lol.
Female
moonlightglow  Female  Cheshire 23-Dec-2019 21:19 Message #4766421
Lol tumbled

You have a good sense of humour also ..so another feather in your cap lol
Male
warmundeft  Male  Wrexham 23-Dec-2019 22:22 Message #4766429
Me too.
Male
Beach  Male  Somerset 5-Jan-2020 00:56 Message #4767384
Ha ha,

Thanks, Brisinger. :)

Cheers Col Blink … and here we are!

No, NoSaint, I didn’t lose my resolve and did resist temptation. Lol

Oh wow, Hen … and Topaz

Hen wrote - and Topaz concurred; ”No I don't, but then I don't think I invest as heavily emotionally speaking as you Beach.”

That was a very lovely sentiment to share, Hen / Topaz … and I’ll come back to it in a little while. (Below).

Thank you Moonlightglow. As I’ve said elsewhere, I appreciate your inspiring outlook.

Hi Aely. And a happy new year to you also. x

Nice try, Justaguy, Vanman, but if you read my words accurately, I stated …

"And, just as before, please hound me out of this place if you see me here online again between now and 2020. :-) xxx"

The here referring to posting online on these pages, not merely signing in, (once), to collect fan mail! :)

(I've addressed posters who mentioned me personally but I'll say thanks to all other contributors as well)
---
As to the emotional effort I put into posts ...

Sadly, Hen, (and it is no secret), there is little inspiration for me to continue the level of emotional input I offer with my own quirky, idiosyncratic, original posts so, acknowledging the little burst of threads I have just thrown up this evening / this morning, I'll be officially retiring over the next couple of weeks.

Taking time out these last three weeks made me realise that I no longer have the, (participating), audience here that I still enjoy on other sites and, despite my loyalty to this place, (spanning 14 years on the MSE forums and 20 years as a dating site), it is an old habit I really must kick.

That said ... Midsummer has been like a family to me and though I've never ever met anyone in real life, I have got to know some amazing people.

Thanks for that. xxx
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 5-Jan-2020 10:48 Message #4767410
I think thats the thing Beach you want/need an audience and I don't think most of the rest of do, we might have intense and emotionally charged exchanges with one or more member on a particular thread or topic, but it dosen't define us in the way that we need a certain type and level of response as it seems to with you. If we were sitting having a coffee, I'd ask you why you feel the need of an audience, what part of you needs the sort of possitive feedback you seem to crave, I know none of respond well to criticism, but you seem to respond less well than many others and become insulting and rude towards people you feel don't get you. If you need the approval of an audience then take up something where you will have one, drama or something, but grow a thicker skin, because to me you seem way to bothered by what others think, you court controvercy on the one hand, but don't like it when it blows up in your face, you should know by now that if you stick your head above the parapet then you might get hit with verbal misiles.

I will miss you and some of our exchanges, but not that much,

1 2 3 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »