Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Was your last date from online or the real world?

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 6-Dec-2019 08:06 Message #4764252
Or can’t you remember?
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 6-Dec-2019 08:57 Message #4764253
My last couple of dates have been with ladies I’ve met online. I think of the initial meeting as just meeting for coffee/drink rather than a date as it’s not the same as having a date with someone you have met and spoken to.
I enjoy meeting new people and, at worst, it’s only a couple of hours out of your life if you don’t click!
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 6-Dec-2019 13:00 Message #4764278
My last date was with my first boyfriend, just a few weeks ago.
We've always had an excellent relationship and I know I will enjoy the time spent together.

I have never had any success with on line dating as my own experiences have been marred by the man being too forward with sexual advances before I've even finished my drink.

Agree with persona, the first meeting should be just that, not a date.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 6-Dec-2019 14:54 Message #4764288
My last date was a Medjool.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 6-Dec-2019 15:22 Message #4764291
Medjool. Damn. I had to google that. Should I have known it?

Stick with the ladies from midsummer's eve .... they're all gooduns :)
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 6-Dec-2019 16:45 Message #4764302
Yep...definitely my favourite date !
Female
Woosey  Female  North Yorkshire 6-Dec-2019 18:53 Message #4764314
My favourite date as well, so moist lol x
Female
Clocky  Female  the West Midlands 6-Dec-2019 21:41 Message #4764317
Online..
He put me off dating forever.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 6-Dec-2019 21:42 Message #4764320
seriously cant remember lol
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 6-Dec-2019 22:23 Message #4764330
Shock! Horror!! So, any men we date who we first know from online aren't real? I knew there was something wrong when his head twizzled and he kept shouting "Exterminate" ;)
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 6-Dec-2019 22:51 Message #4764334
My last date was last Saturday albeit at a dinner party I was chef for. Initially I was set up on a blind date by an ex (honest) about 6 weeks ago and I must say - a gorgeous lady! We've been out for a meal and she's come to see the band twice and when I drop her off at home, she always asks me to text her when I'm home, a good sign. Early days I know, but I'm (cautiously) optimistic.

Must say Cassis - "Exterminate!" made me laugh!

RbP
Female
Mary  Female  Norfolk 6-Dec-2019 23:11 Message #4764341
To call a first meet a date is, to me, wrong. It's not a date.

If you've found each other online, then it's definitely not a date, as online is impersonal and you can't get to know someone that way....not really anyway.

My last date/partner was a natural meet. We'd seen each other about, but at that time she was with another.

My parties are via my online social groups. People meet up....and everyone is lovely (I'm pretty picky). But these aren't for forming LTR's.

For me, meeting naturally is far better.
I wouldn't buy clothes from a catalogue online, as they are advertised there for a reason.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 6-Dec-2019 23:46 Message #4764346
Medjools, yuk, them 'orrible, wrinkly, squidgy, foreign things....put me in mind of me coming out of the shower and seeing myself in the mirror! :-)

Only had one online date, lasted two years and was excellent, lovely lass. My last date was out in the real world, she was overwhelmed by my nautical charm, that lasted a couple of years too.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 7-Dec-2019 08:11 Message #4764366
Last date was real world but didn’t last long.

Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 7-Dec-2019 23:36 Message #4764451
My last two dates were from online.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 8-Dec-2019 10:27 Message #4764471
My last date was a stunner, everyone commented on how realistic she looked!
Male
FirmButFair-TrollPatrol  Male  North Yorkshire 9-Dec-2019 20:24 Message #4764669
I would have said my last date was in the real world but I’m meeting a lovely lady from this site at the weekend.
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 10-Dec-2019 01:29 Message #4764688
Hope it goes well for you FbutF
I'm having an initial meet from an online source this Thursday evening.......really liked him on the phone, so we shall see if my li'l ole sixth sense is still working well;)
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 10-Dec-2019 08:09 Message #4764702
So much dating. Romance is not dead.
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 10-Dec-2019 23:01 Message #4764834
Romance must never be dead: can't imagine a world without it:)
Have had to pp my date to Friday: I rather like a bit of suspense, too;)
Female
RoseyCheeks  Female  Nottinghamshire 12-Dec-2019 17:16 Message #4765069
Online. Last real world date was with ex-husband in 1988. Met on a bus!
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 13-Dec-2019 00:30 Message #4765142
Oh, I got asked on a bus for a date, recently, RoseyCheeks. On the Guided Busway by the driver!
I rarely use the Busway but it's good for nights out in Cambridge so I can have a drink. Now, however, I find myself avoiding that particular route, which even I realise is silly:)
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 13-Dec-2019 10:08 Message #4765166
I’m thinking bus travel might do wonders for my love life.
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 14-Dec-2019 03:43 Message #4765330
I have to laugh......my date tonight that I told you all about!
Well, this guy is driving over to me (I'm 8 miles north of Cambridge city), from Wroxham (north of Norwich). 15 mins after we were supposed to meet I get a call from him saying he's lost. He doesn't know where he is, except for being near a pub called "The White Swan" down a muddy lane "in the middle of nowhere" Ah, I think, I bet he's in Conington, that's only a few miles from me. How he managed to go there I don't know, but the mess of new roads, new roundabouts, new bridges, blocked accesses, and roadworks that is the A14 Upgrade, makes anything possible. So I direct him best I can. He's getting rather discombobulated as he says he's been driving for over 3 hours. His phone battery is going as he's been using it as sat nav (obviously not a good one!) so I tell him which way to head, and phone again when he's on the right road. 15 mins later he's found the junction and road that will take him to my village, but goes too far and ends up back on the new road, dual carriageway, heading in the opposite direction. He then finds a garage that seems to be somewhere else entirely, but where he hopes to charge his phone. Still with no idea of where he is he says, "I'm going back to Norwich"!!. 3.5 hours later he texts to say he's got back. So I didn't even clap eyes on him:)
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 14-Dec-2019 03:49 Message #4765331
Let's hope new date with man no2 on Monday evening is more successful! He has only to come from Anglia Ruskin Uni in Cambridge, so, fingers crossed, I may get to see him in person and at least say "Hello":)

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »