Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Do you watch tv quiz shows?

Do you join in?

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 3-Dec-2019 08:21 Message #4764057
Are you better than the competitors?

Which shows are best?
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 3-Dec-2019 08:33 Message #4764058
The Chase is the best for me. I like Bradley and the Quizzers and there is a good mix of easy and hard questions,
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 3-Dec-2019 08:48 Message #4764059
I wouldn't be so bold to say I'm better than anyone else, but I do love a good quiz !!

I'm very good at answering a lot of questions ( with the exception of master quizzers, found on eggheads
and the chase)
Although I do answer many in the head to heads and multiple choices.

The problem I have is speed.
I can know an answer, but can be slow to respond...age related and medical. :/

I often don't give myself credit for some of the answers that I seem to "drag" out from life's experiences or education. I also do a lot if crosswords, which helps and am naturally inquisitive.

I don't really have a favourite, as such, there are too many, but I tend to watch the majority. It has been proven though that the more the brain is stimulated and pushed, the better it works.

I have been on many courses on Alzheimer awareness and it is always mentioned about keeping the mind active.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 3-Dec-2019 10:07 Message #4764064
I try and listen to Pop Master on Radio 2 most days, and as with most quizzes I reckon it's probably a lot easier at home when you're not actually involved.
I do sometimes end up watching with an elderly relative Tenable, Tipping Point and The Chaser when they're on. (although not keen on the current Chaser current replacement Cash Trapped, which seems a bit too complicated for it's own good).
Used to watch Eggheads & Pointless but I got fed up with all the incidental flim flam & jibber jabber on that.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire 3-Dec-2019 10:37 Message #4764066
I've always enjoyed quiz shows through the years....There are some great compilations on youtube.....funny bits and stuff...

Some good ones are the ones that you can play along with...The really fast ones are too fast....you've no time to say your answer, before they're onto the next....

and the most important thing that is obligatory.....shouting 'I know it...I know it' at the telly...or something like 'B - Paris...I've been there...I've been there....the Eiffel Tower is in Paris'.....or some such thing....

I would go to pieces on the telly though....I would get too nervous i think....and I would probably say the Eiffel Tower was in Blackpool....

To be a proper quizzer though, you need to know something about everything...from opera to sport to pop music to soap operas...to all sorts.....more than just the extreme basics...Take horse racing, for instance....Everyone has probably heard of Red Rum and Shergar...of Lester Piggott and Frankie Dettori....and of Ascot and Newmarket......but if you are asked 'Name the horse and jockey who won this years Grand national...and where was it run'......you need to know a bit more.....ps the answer isn't 'Shergar, Lester Piggott, Newmarket'
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 3-Dec-2019 10:54 Message #4764070
I'm alright at most general knowlege except sport, music and tv/film. Most of the other questions I can answer, my faourites are Pointless, Only Connect and University Challenge, I managed quite a few on UC last night, it makes up for the ones where I've not a clue what they're talking about.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 3-Dec-2019 11:18 Message #4764074
i like eggheads [but cant stand j.vine] and the chase, and i would like to see a "shootout" between these two teams, i think that would pull in the viewers.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 4-Dec-2019 07:05 Message #4764108
Eggheads is good. The Weakest Link is also good. Anne Robinson is easily the rudest show presenter on tv.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 5-Dec-2019 07:58 Message #4764179
We sometimes record The Chase and then replay it and pause from time to time so the three of us can have a go at the answers.
I watched Anne Robinson ask contestants “Have you always had that wonky tooth?”, “Are you really that fat or are you hiding something under your shirt?”, and other excruciatingly embarrassing questions. It’s a bit like those singing competitions when the contestants are ridiculed.
Female
Mumsie  Female  Warwickshire 5-Dec-2019 09:12 Message #4764184
Answer what I know , though I tend to be a bit slow and need thinking time ., I would not survive on these quick reaction shows

Good to watch and help keep one's mind active
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 7-Dec-2019 23:24 Message #4764445
I like most quiz shows. They’re one of the few things I watch on tv.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »