Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Its beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

Not that song again please

Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 1-Dec-2019 16:10 Message #4763904
I heard that song again in a shop this morning, and I remember someone on MSE mentioning about it a some years back and It stuck in my brain for a few weeks then . I dont really like Christmas anymore & I dont want to keep hearing that song & I certainly dont want to keep singing it. Its almost like an echo in my mind which wont switch off.

How do I block it out !!!
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 1-Dec-2019 16:52 Message #4763907
Tell Alexa to play something else.

I've bought my elderly parents an Amazon Echo Dot smart speaker to help them set alarms and reminders, ask the time ... and request Christmas songs from Amazon music. (Which I think they'll find a bit of fun over the next month or so).
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 1-Dec-2019 17:14 Message #4763909
Thanks V you've just passed it to me, watch Strictly or something and find a different earworm. It could be worse you could of been in EWM and had a Welsh Male Voice choir singing Abba, now thats really horrible!
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 1-Dec-2019 19:11 Message #4763919
Aaahhh....it's catching !!
Thanks Vic :(

EARWORM ALERT !!!!!
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 2-Dec-2019 13:33 Message #4764001
I cant get rid of it, I must be addicted. Last year it lasted right through till the new year. I think I need help.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 3-Dec-2019 10:55 Message #4764071
Listen to some Slade and have something even more annoying going round your brain.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 4-Dec-2019 07:07 Message #4764109
Fairytale of New York. I like it more each time I hear it and love the video.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 4-Dec-2019 11:17 Message #4764129
Fairy Tale in New York isn't one of my favoiurite songs, but its better than the usual trash thats playe for xmas, I actually prefer hymns to most of the pop songs, although my favourite dosen't get played as often.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 4-Dec-2019 12:40 Message #4764134
Just start singing...

I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves
Everybody's nerves
Yes on everybody's nerves
I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves
And this is how it goes and this is how it goes...

repeat

;-)
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 4-Dec-2019 12:41 Message #4764135
https://youtu.be/Qj1heGiIehU

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »