Last January as I was dismantling my Christmas tree, its a, wadda ya call it, not solar , Mmm, Fibre Optic! type,
I had a bit of a disaster! and accidently stood on the base, snapping off one of the clip on feet, I thought i'll fix that before I put it away, (Araldite will come to the rescue!) lol.
For the last 11 months its been sitting on the coffee table, the four feet, and the bits of plastic that broke away, all together in a plastic container.
This week I decided to fix it ready for this year, unfortunately Araldite didn't want to know, so a more elaborate fix was needed!
Armed with a Hack saw, Drill, Drill bits, a file and a pocket knife, various pieces of flat plastic, a bit of flat aluminium and some small nuts n bolts, and an odd self tapping screw, I set about the repair.
Sawing, filing, shaping, drilling I finally 'cobbled' it all back together, if you don't turn it upside down, you'd never know! lol. it seems as if its ok but one of the feet is a bit loose, but I think it will be alright, just need to get the tree part from the loft and try it!
My daughter said "For thirty quid, you could get a new one from Argos!"
Maybe I could, but it wouldn't be the same as knowing I'd fixed the old one! lol. :-}