Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

spend a penny?

find a coin

Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 4-Nov-2019 18:38 Message #4761449
I am having my downstairs loo refurbished. About time too , as the tiles` colours scream !975 .
When the builder got the little hand wash basin off the wall a coin fell on the floor . A 2 shilling George the 6th coin.
dated 1950 . 5he house was build in 1936 so these coins were not around at that time . We bought the house in 1975 and my then husband started re- designing the downstairs pantry into a downstairs loo , with a door under the stairs, bricking? the door of the pantry . The hand washbasin was then installed and has not been replaced since .
So where could this coin come from? How much is this coin worth? it has been in circulation and shows signs of wear and tear.

leogirl.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 4-Nov-2019 19:27 Message #4761456
He used it to do a bodge job?

Walls are not always flat, easier to stick a spacer in the gap.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 4-Nov-2019 19:38 Message #4761457
1950 George VI florin in unremarkable condition?

Possibly worth between £2.50 - £5.00. (Might have been worth around £20 in mint condition.)

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »