Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Hi, do you like sex ?? -------

Or shall we have a coffee first ?

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 2-Nov-2019 14:25 Message #4761211
I am on a well known dating sites and have chatted off and on site
to potential dates.

Some I've met up with, others I have spoken to on the phone, most have seemed quite nice and have been, but unfortunately just no "spark"

However I met one guy this year, ordered a drink, and before I'd even taken the first sip and looking forward to finding out more about him, the first question out his mouth was
" Do you like to f**k ? "
I got up and left and he was lucky not to have worn the drink !

Another, had read my profile and contacted me.
We had absolutely nothing in common, but he found me attractive and was keen to let me know how affluent and successful he was.
Had a wooden chalet in Norfolk, even showed pictures, drove a highbrid, had property locally (yawn, yawn)
Had been a scientist blah blah blah!!!
(Yawns again)
He invited me for coffee and as it was only a few miles from me, I agreed to meet. ...Out of curiosity really.
We did speak a couple of times on the phone but I didn't really want to chat too much , as I said to him we wouldn't have anything to talk about if we met.
To which he replied " we could talk about science !!! "
Well isn't that every girls dream ? :((
Anyway before the conversation was over he asked "do you like sex ? "
I made my excuses to finish the conversation and hung up.

Within minutes I received a text saying " I apologise if I came over crude, bit I do like to make love, after all I am a public schoolboy"

I have been inundated with messages by younger men ( some I could have given birth to ) asking if I'd like sex with them.

Pardon me for not feeling flattered !!

I know a lot of decent men who wouldn't dream of talking to a woman in this way, so I'm asking the men on this site, SERIOUSLY do you think it appropriate to talk to women in this manner or do you just think of us as sex objects first, personality second ??

Without jumping down my throat, I'm sure there are many decent men here and I am not referring to this site, but would be interested in your opinions.
And if anyone would like sex with me...sorry but I seem to have a permanent headache ;)
Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire 2-Nov-2019 14:36 Message #4761212
I think that those who start off a convo about sex are both crude and rude, in my opinion,

I can well imagine the younger males will think older women must be grateful but that's due to the fact that some are gentlemen and some are not.
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 2-Nov-2019 14:38 Message #4761213
Just to add , I'm sure there are some women, who wouldn't be offended by this approach, and if any have actually talked to men in the manner I described, I would be interested to know.
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 2-Nov-2019 14:43 Message #4761214
I suppose the positive out of this is that you know exactly what these men are looking for.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 2-Nov-2019 15:16 Message #4761216
Nigel beat me to it. I would much rather that they are up front about it, instead of pretending they like you and trying to get you to like them.

My experiences have been much like yours, though they seem to be one of two extremes. Either no longer have any interest in sex whatsoever or just looking for a swift legover and nothing in between. I became completely disheartened by the whole thing.

Whatever happened to meeting someone that you like, fall in love with and share intimacy in a loving relationship? Or is that just one of those fantasies created by Hollywood? sighs
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 2-Nov-2019 17:41 Message #4761233
It can be difficult to decide if the coffee is a before or after drink.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 2-Nov-2019 17:44 Message #4761235
Swift legover,....ahhh those were the days...

I seem to have missed :-))

Is it appropriate to talk to women in that manner? some women seem ok with it - so I'm told!
Sex objects or personality?...haven't a clue, most of the blokes I know are happy to seperate the two depending on the answer to the first question :-)
Speaking for myself, all this man/woman stuff sounds too much like hard work nowadays, my interest levels in most stuff seems to have gone off the scale - at the zero end!
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 2-Nov-2019 18:04 Message #4761236
I asked the same question a while back after getting similar messages and one of the answers I got was
that the woman they,d been with before didn't like sex and they wanted sex in their life so were asking women straightout cos they didn't want to be in a no sex relationship...….
I could understand that reply...…
some just have only had sex with their hand for so many years that just the woman saying, yes when I,m in a relationship, makes them so excited(they don't need a hand.lol)
some women just want sex no relationship so the men are just checking to see if that's your thing
its a minefield out there..lol
Male
badman  Male  Suffolk 2-Nov-2019 18:40 Message #4761244
I suppose women also like to know the answer to that too, hoping the man will indicate somehow that he still likes sex. No point buying a nice car to find it won't start.
But there's lots of different ways to find out if a woman still likes sex without being so rude.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 2-Nov-2019 21:09 Message #4761251
I suppose the positive out of this is that you know exactly what these men are looking for.

Women have always been more open in their intentions.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 2-Nov-2019 21:55 Message #4761263
Why does this stuff always happen on other sites? Are the men on here dead?...
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 2-Nov-2019 21:57 Message #4761264
yes
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 2-Nov-2019 22:20 Message #4761272
Not quite.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 4-Nov-2019 08:42 Message #4761423
Your demise has been exaggerated.

Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 4-Nov-2019 20:13 Message #4761472
One of the ads that came up on here was for a dating site called shag.com. I'm not joking! Topaz, please send me the number of your Scientific date...
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 4-Nov-2019 22:55 Message #4761501
Same as Aely.
I'm really attracted to people who, like me, love talking science. I dated a man a few months ago for a while, purely and simply because he was both a quantum physicist and a musician....my two favourite attributes. I stopped seeing him as he didn't talk about it enough!
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 5-Nov-2019 09:04 Message #4761532
I would happily do so Aely but I deleted it and him!!!

Definitely not on THAT dating site...
Too much self respect, but no prude !
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 5-Nov-2019 09:10 Message #4761533
He was a chemist...

Do you hang around Boots a lot Cassis ???? ;)
(Other well know pharmacies are available) Lol
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 5-Nov-2019 09:12 Message #4761535
Thanks Zodiac,
Your opinion is appreciated.
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 5-Nov-2019 23:13 Message #4761625
No, the chemistry has to be made by the two of us.....for me it's definitely quantum physics/mechanics that gets my attention;)
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset 6-Nov-2019 00:32 Message #4761630
A pity your quantum entanglement didn't work out, Cassis ;-)
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 6-Nov-2019 17:00 Message #4761672
I had a guy ask me for a breastfeeding relationship once .he said i reminded him of his mother .im not a prude .but eeeeew ..i ran for me life .why does it always happen to me lol lol lol
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 6-Nov-2019 17:03 Message #4761674
Did you offer him a Rusk Jools.
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 6-Nov-2019 17:13 Message #4761675
Ha ha mancers .gosh i ran for me life .i couldimagine nappies and alsorts lol lol .hows you me darliN OKeys x
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 6-Nov-2019 17:22 Message #4761676
I’m fine Jools am just drinking a black coffee!

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »