Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Separate bedrooms.........!!! ???

Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 2-Nov-2019 13:31 Message #4761205
Everybody knows of someone who sleep in a separate bedroom from their partner.

Do you think it is just a way to avoid intimacy or does your partner disturb your sleep by snoring, or more seriously, having a medical condition.

If it is to avoid being intimate, is it a recipe for disaster ??
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 2-Nov-2019 13:46 Message #4761207
If separate bedrooms are consensual, then I don;t see why it would be a problem.
If one partner has fled to the other room to avoid facing up to reality, I think the disaster already happened.
Female
nellieredshoes  Female  West Yorkshire 2-Nov-2019 14:16 Message #4761209
I don’t think it’s necessarily to avoid intimacy. I think it may well enhance intimacy.

I prefer to sleep alone mostly. Sometimes my sleep is disturbed, sometimes I like to read or do the crossword. I dislike having to lie awake trying not to disturb the person I’m sleeping with.

If each person has their own room they can get a decent nights sleep which will leave them more energy for anything they want to get up to together.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 2-Nov-2019 15:33 Message #4761218
Agree with nellieredshoes. I like sleeping on my own and share the bed for intimacy.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 2-Nov-2019 17:33 Message #4761228
My ex and the bloke she married after me not only slept in seperate bedrooms, but seperate houses...they each kept their own houses, the sleeping apart thing was because he became very ill shortly after they married. In every other respect they led as normal a married life as they could and fair do's to them both, they did seem to love each other, he sadly died a few years ago.
I was surprised to find out how many people I know who sleep in seperate bedrooms, with them it seems to be a sleep thing, us blokes do seem to like moving about, snoring and various other sounds and kicking our legs the width of the bed.
I've often wondered if some beds are just too comfy nowadays...gone are the nights spent in sleeping bags on the floor or a bed of straw and your coat to cover you :-)
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 2-Nov-2019 18:08 Message #4761240
super kingsize so you don't have to get out of bed for a bit of morning nookie lol
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 2-Nov-2019 21:15 Message #4761256
If married couples started off in separate beds the marriages might last longer.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 2-Nov-2019 23:22 Message #4761276
At the start of a marriage, separate beds would cause too many arguments.
For example 2 beds and 1 wet patch?
Where does the wet patch go?
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 3-Nov-2019 11:41 Message #4761326
hey guys...euro is into extreme sex, i mean, nooky in the morning, how preposterous !
i wonder if she keeps her hat on ;¬)

nice mugshot euro !
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 3-Nov-2019 17:47 Message #4761385
lol lol only preposterous if we make it so lol
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 3-Nov-2019 18:06 Message #4761391
that sounds naughty...and naughty is good ;¬)
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 4-Nov-2019 20:44 Message #4761477
When I was a child we would all have slept better if my Mum slept in a different house! The place used to vibrate to her snoring. I am sure my Dad only agreed to pay the extra rent and move us to a larger house so he could have his own room.

There are occasions when, with the best will in the world, sleeping with a partner in the same bed the whole night can do more harm than good to a relationship. Persistent cough, snoring, restlessness, overheating, a good night's rest is essential.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 5-Nov-2019 06:32 Message #4761524
A long time married friend of mine has difficulty sleeping so started to sleep in a different room to her husband and it completely revived a flagging sex life. She says he loves it when she gets up early and jumps into his bed.
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 5-Nov-2019 09:27 Message #4761540
RECIPE FOR CONTENTMENT
_______

PM...Foreplay, sex , cuddle, into own room.

Am...Foreplay, sex ,cuddle and breakfast in bed.

Return to own home
Repeat as required ;)

Male
badman  Male  Suffolk 5-Nov-2019 11:27 Message #4761564
Sounds about right to me.
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 5-Nov-2019 12:35 Message #4761568
Topaz53 ...

"RECIPE FOR CONTENTMENT"

Hmm, sex in the morning and/or in the afternoon/evening!

....and you with a (as mentioned on another thread) "supposedly" "*permanent headache"!

lol ;-}
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 5-Nov-2019 16:13 Message #4761586
Hmmm made you all sit up and take note though !!!

I've only got a "permanent headache"
for crude obnoxious men who show no respect and haven't an ounce of decorum.

I have a lot of self respect but if and when the right man comes along then I have absolutely following my own recipe to the letter ;)
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 6-Nov-2019 17:50 Message #4761681
At my age is is a problem a) finding the right man and b) finding the right man who is still capable!
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 6-Nov-2019 18:35 Message #4761688
Separate City’s sounds about right.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 7-Nov-2019 08:37 Message #4761726
Funny you should say that, mancers. When I split form my husband, we both bought properties as far away from each other as was possible, and yet still living in the same town. Neither knew where the other was moving to, it was just how it happened. We did get on a lot better after that.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »