Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Hugs

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 27-Oct-2019 08:40 Message #4760544
Good morning fellow huggers,
I hope you enjoyed your extra hour in bed thanks to the clocks going back. I certainly needed mine as the wind and my neighbour's rattling fence kept me awake the night before :( zzz The man on the radio said it's going to be a sunny day but only 13 degrees.

What are you all planning to do today? I need to rewrite a to do list as I got to the end of the old one a while ago. Have a lovely day whatever you're doing.

(((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 27-Oct-2019 09:03 Message #4760550
Morning, Twinkle, and all Sunday Huggers. It's been a while!

I'm planning to do housework today .... mind you, I've been planning that for a couple days now and somehow it just never gets done!

Have a good day, everyone.
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire 27-Oct-2019 09:10 Message #4760552
Morning Twinkle

Well now bright and sunny here, but with a frost first thing.

I plan to go sailing today, first Sunday of the new series at the sailing club.

Over the last couple of days judging by the depth of my pond it seems to have gone up by about 1 inch - happier now that it has stopped raining?

Have a great day to all.

Mike

(((Hugs to all)))
Female
Topaz53  Female  Northamptonshire 27-Oct-2019 09:16 Message #4760553
Morning Twinkle and Jennifer.

Well I've been "planning" to get out of bed for the past couple of hours, that plan hasn't worked so far...too cosy ;)

Plan B is to go to Stoke Bruenne this afternoon, to see the barges, go for a walk and the " Grande finnale"....
Afternoon tea...!!! Mmmmmm

Sunday ((((hugs)))) to all you huggers out there. x
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire 27-Oct-2019 09:22 Message #4760555
Morning fellow huggers!
In between the rain of the past week I have planted a few of my plants but think I will leave it for a day or two now so that they can dry out. Anyway, it's a trifle cold!
My next door neighbour I've spoken to, briefly. I think I'm falling in love! But she is a bit young for me...

Hugs hugs hugs
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 27-Oct-2019 10:37 Message #4760578
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

A mixed day yesterday - England won the rugby but our cat Holly crosses to the Rainbow Bridge. She originally came to us as a foster kitten last November, with her mother, but it soon became apparent that she had problems as she was continually scratching at her neck. Many visits to the vets eventually led to a diagnosis of an auto-immune condition. Despite wearing a babygrow she was, occasionally still getting to scratch her neck despite regular clipping of her claws. A couple of times it was serious enough to need stitches. However yesterday morning when we checked her wound, which was healing nicely, everything was ok. About midday I spotted that her back paw was covered in blood. This time it was very serious. took her to the vets where we found she had gone almost to the bone. Her quality of life was not good so the decisions was made and she crossed to the rainbow bridge. R.I.P. Holly

Hugs to all

Trevor
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 27-Oct-2019 12:59 Message #4760595
Hi all. Gig in Leigh with Petra Viva today, charity work tomorrow, MOT Tuesday (not me, the Astra).
A quiet week for me.

RbP
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 27-Oct-2019 13:39 Message #4760601
Hello jennifer,

What a nice surprise to see you back on the (((Huggy))) thread :) Hope you've been keeping well.

Have you seen the 'Dust if you must' poem? That sums up the housework :)

Have a good afternoon,

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 27-Oct-2019 13:41 Message #4760602
Hello contender,

Frost! perhaps that's what explains the chilly feeling here although the sun is still shining brightly.

Enjoy your sailing. We've certainly had a fair bit of rain here too.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 27-Oct-2019 13:42 Message #4760603
Hello Topaz53,

I know that feeling. So did you stick to plan B? If so I hope you have a great afternoon and enjoy your afternoon tea, unless you're still in your cosy bed.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 27-Oct-2019 13:44 Message #4760604
Hello Keithagain,

You're doing so well with your planting out. It's putting me to shame :(

You can love from afar and age is only a number so they say. Look at the rock stars with their much younger girlfriends. Faint heart and all that...

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 27-Oct-2019 13:45 Message #4760605
Hello Pboror Trevor,

Such sad news about Holly but I'm sure you gave her and her mother a far better life.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 27-Oct-2019 13:47 Message #4760606
Hello RumBassiousPenguin,

You're certainly a busy penguin. Hope the gig goes well. What charity do you work for? Fingers crossed for the Astra.

(((HUGS)))
Male
elrond  Male  the Highlands and Islands of Scotland 27-Oct-2019 14:33 Message #4760610
G'afternoon Twinkle (((hugsss))).
not been a nice day herecold and showers, l prefer snow.

hugssss to all

Female
Sea  Female  Essex 27-Oct-2019 14:59 Message #4760614
Good afternoon Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.
Well I didn't have an extra hour in bed, as my body clock seemed to think the hour was the other way. Awake just after 5am instead of 6am + (on the old hour, prior to changing the clocks that is). So, up really early sorting a few things. Then decided on a swim in the sea, near the harbour before breakfast but took breakfast with me, to eat whilst looking out to sea afterwards. Then caught the bus to an outdooror market from the harbour and walked back along the coast- About a couple of hours or more fast walking. Just had time for a swim in the pool to cool off, before having to prepare Sunday lunch, as a friend coming round. Sat out on the patio in the sunshine, with the parasol up. I shall definitely miss the Cyprus weather when I have to fly home.
Sending very warm (Hugs) to all.

(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 28-Oct-2019 00:00 Message #4760665
Hello elrond,

We have frost forecast for tonight brrr. Hope you've got your wood somewhere water tight.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 28-Oct-2019 00:03 Message #4760666
Hello Sea,
My body clock was on old time but I managed to turn over and go back to sleep for a while.

What a lovely day you've had :) Thank you for the warm hugs, it's going to be chilly tonight. I hope my plants don't suffer too much from the forecasted frost :(

(((HUGS)))
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 28-Oct-2019 07:40 Message #4760682
Hello fellow huggers.... (((((hugs)))))) busy busy busy.

V xxxxx
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 29-Oct-2019 09:44 Message #4760877
Yes, Twinkle, I have read that poem. So true!

My mum used to say "The dust will still be there tomorrow but we might not be." That was mum's attitude to housework!

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »