Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

The Hunter

A warning

Female
Mary  Female  Norfolk 6-Oct-2019 17:53 Message #4756552
I've been watching The Hunter TV program. Its an eye opener to photos on the Net.

Why do people send explicit photos to new dates or potential partners ? It's mad. They can end up anywhere.

I was quite shocked when friends of my generation admitted they'd sent "box pic's" to new dates.

To me it's madness.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 6-Oct-2019 18:00 Message #4756554
I agree Mary. A male friend of mine had over 30 explicit pics sent to him from a personal advert he placed in the local paper. He was very pleased but 'I' didnt think it was a good idea at all. Apart from the safety point of view, would any of you really want to date a person who was sending out explicit photos of themselves - NO Way.

Just my thoughts.
Female
Mary  Female  Norfolk 6-Oct-2019 18:09 Message #4756556
I totally agree.

If people send such photos so easily, I'd be very wary.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 6-Oct-2019 19:59 Message #4756581
I can’t speak for the older generation but think it’s just a sign of the times. Sending photos has changed from something we thought about before making the decision to what almost all youngsters do, use the app on their phone and send more photos than text messages. It has become the norm. Snapchat and Whatsapp are the usual ones I think.
Parents might try to stop their kids sending photos but almost every very kid is online and has Wifi to use even at school.
You have to trust your child and hope they do not send or receive explicit pics.
Female
KatieBubbles  Female  West Sussex 7-Oct-2019 07:27 Message #4756624
Sorry to sound vague. Was the tv programme just called The Hunter? There are a number of films and programmes with that or similar names.
Female
Mary  Female  Norfolk 7-Oct-2019 12:44 Message #4756663
I think so Katie.

I had it recorded so I'm not sure when it was screened live. Maybe 2 Weeks ago

It's about a school and it's pupils.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »