Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

How the hell do you get out of this madhouse?

Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Sep-2019 20:22 Message #4751738
dah de da da
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 9-Sep-2019 20:28 Message #4751741
ummm ummmm - is there a door ?
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 9-Sep-2019 20:55 Message #4751747
Maybe there's a tunnel?
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 9-Sep-2019 21:00 Message #4751748
Pass go and go to jail or is it jail?
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 9-Sep-2019 21:01 Message #4751749
Dying seems the best way....any other way, many seem to come back...but I don't think any dead have returned....well, not since....the incident.......
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 9-Sep-2019 21:30 Message #4751770
block block block
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 9-Sep-2019 21:38 Message #4751776
I blocked meself once lmfao .
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Sep-2019 21:44 Message #4751778
You know, being serious now, it makes me feel really sad to see that the site has been taken over by a group of grumpy old men who seem to have nothing better to do than wind each other up and be nasty.
It sickens me, if I am honest, to see so many people on line just trying their best to be as spiteful and poisonous as they can possibly manage. What on earth is the matter with them? Most of us on here have so much to be thankful for. The trivial stuff on here that grinds people gears astonishes me at times, when there are people in the world who cannot even feel safe in their own bed at nights, if they even have a bed, and people who are dying from horrible illnesses, or suffering the loss of loved ones. It's not just this site, but all over the internet.
You know what, I live on my own and been alone for pretty well all of the last 20 years. I live a life where if I vanished off the face of the earth tomorrow tomorrow, almost no-one would give a fuck. I would mostly likely be one of those people who would be rotten and full of maggots by the time anyone found me.
I come online for a bit of company, to wind down after work for a bit of company and all I see is all this shit.
Oh dear, I've shared too much information and that makes people feel uncomfortable, allegedly. Well, if you respond to this thread with the the usual unkindness that you show on here, you really need to take a long cold look at yourself in the mirror and sort yourselves out. Some people need to be ashamed of themselves.
Life is so very short and it is precious. Why waste it by spending all your time being vile and trying to cause other people hurt and pain.
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 9-Sep-2019 21:57 Message #4751785
You are so blinking right minnie .euros right too ..block em .do we need shitty vile people in our lives nah we doint .
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 9-Sep-2019 22:04 Message #4751787
I agree with you both joolsy and Minnie, wheres the banter?...….wheres the innuendo?.....it used to be a giggle,,,,,,,,and as you say we have enough sjite in real life...…...this was a fun caring site...….now anything nice is turned nasty, mainly men having who can piss the furthest in the nasty corner..
I asked a while ago why people are still on here and must admit its habit for most cos it aint support or fun...…
block block block is the only way, I think,something I,ve never really done, but hey I wouldn't have them in my real life so I wont have them in my virtual
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 9-Sep-2019 22:28 Message #4751799
block block block is the only way,

That would solve the problem easily and peacefully.
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 10-Sep-2019 01:55 Message #4751822
Well said, Minnie, great post.
I'm careful not to post about anything close to my heart on here. I used to, but who wants to have things that are deeply affective then rubbished, sneered at, and used to make so-called fun of?
As for all the willy-waving, well those involved should be careful of what might be round the corner ;)
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 10-Sep-2019 06:44 Message #4751827
You would be missed Minnie, on here anyway, I can't speak for in the real world. I've found over the years one of the best, but hardest things to learn is to ignore; or at least choose what to ignore and who, sometimes we don't get it quite right and it pee's us off.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 10-Sep-2019 10:04 Message #4751851
You are sweet, Terry. I've blocked the grumpy old men's club now, so the place looks a lot tidier already. :)

Female
Mumsie  Female  Warwickshire 10-Sep-2019 10:10 Message #4751853
Excellent words Minnie

What happened to this site along the years, seems to have lost its spirit and spark
Female
Sea  Female  Essex 10-Sep-2019 10:15 Message #4751854
I totally agree with you Minnie and it is all the trouble makers and those that turn everything into an argument that has put me off posting at various times. Like you I just come on now and again, when I feel like relaxing and just idling away a few moments. Most of us don't always agree on everything but we do know how to disagree in a friendly manner, without involving any nastiness. On the whole we are all very nice people but there are a few bad apples around. Just wish I could throw them all out with the rubbish, never to return again. Maybe help to see them all as invisible and treat them as such. Don't let them register within your thoughts and think of them as not there. Like you I also live alone so do understand how you feel but I do have very supportive daughters, so would likey be found within a few days. You take care Minnie and forget the nasty trolls.
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Sep-2019 10:30 Message #4751856
Yooohoo .phew its great lol .i didnt no wither to double block or singlr block .so songle blocked first .
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Sep-2019 10:31 Message #4751857
Ha ha songle blocked .stoopid eye lol
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Sep-2019 10:31 Message #4751858
Ha ha songle blocked .stoopid eye lol
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 10-Sep-2019 11:04 Message #4751864
Well said Minnie and others, I blocked most of the worst of the grumpy old men, quite a few threads no longer make sense, but they're not ones I wish to engage in with the direction they've gone in. Sadly I don't think insensititvity to peoples problems is a new thing, I had a go at about 3 regular posters who are no longer here or not in their previous guise because they started being extemely light hearted and almost mocking of another poster with a serious issue she needed support with. Although I agree these instances have become more frequent, personal and nasty. It seems nobody can agree to disagree anymore, no one trusts posters they've not met face to face and it seems the only people who PM you for a date are scammers.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »