Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Stop

Arguing

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 9-Sep-2019 18:42 Message #4751698
Too much arguing going on in this site, I think its time to stop.
Do you agree with that?

Oi I'm talking to you
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Sep-2019 18:46 Message #4751700
I do, actually. There is a certain loss of dignity amongst certain site members.
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 9-Sep-2019 18:46 Message #4751702
So if we don't start an argument, but become the subject of one, should be not defend ourselves?

Or just put up and shut up?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 9-Sep-2019 18:48 Message #4751703
I agree that people need to wind their necks in a bit and stop thinking you can come out with any old rubbish and insults and saying it more and more (louder and louder) will make you more right. But arguments that are well thought out and encourage thoughtful engagement are never a bad thing.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 9-Sep-2019 18:48 Message #4751704
Is this the right room for an argument?......MP
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 9-Sep-2019 19:04 Message #4751709
NotHermit 9-Sep-2019 18:42
Too much arguing going on in this site, I think its time to stop.

1.0 First, you have to have to define "arguing".

2.0 When, and only when, a consensus has been reached - then you can progress to a meaningful discussion.

3.0 Establish the rules first, then start the match / game.

4.0 I volunteer to be the Umpire of the debate.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Sep-2019 19:22 Message #4751712
Lyn, I think certain people need to stop being so personal. Jesy Nelson had it right today when she said that people are not nasty to you because they have a low opinion of you; it is because they have a low opinion of themselves.
I was going to say that I've never seen anything like it, but that wouldn't be quite true online. I never expected to see the level of bullying that I see on this site now. Funny how the nastiness people are the ones who always try to hog the moral high ground. Some people really need to sort themselves out.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Sep-2019 19:22 Message #4751713
*nastiest, not nastiness
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 9-Sep-2019 19:25 Message #4751714
TW if you want an argument, go on another thread, or have a bath with your plastic boats.

G2B, For you there are no rules, why would I give you any rules, are you special or something?
Minnie, Just Lynn Wondie.

Good comments, think about fluffy bunnies and puppies.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 9-Sep-2019 19:37 Message #4751718
G2BW I don't think you realise just how many have blocked you...
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 9-Sep-2019 19:54 Message #4751724
Whats your problem Hiero!
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Sep-2019 19:59 Message #4751726
Did GB2W say something?
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 9-Sep-2019 20:00 Message #4751727
No problem here, what's bent you out of shape?...
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 9-Sep-2019 20:14 Message #4751733
Hierophant 9-Sep-2019 19:37
G2BW I don't think you realise just how many have blocked you...

No, I don't.
Is there a way of finding out how many and who?
Or do you have inside knowledge?

Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 9-Sep-2019 20:21 Message #4751737
Minnie-the-Minx 9-Sep-2019 19:22
* Funny how the nastiness (nastiest) people are the ones who always try to hog the moral high ground. Some people really need to sort themselves out.*

# Would you care to try to substantiate that assertion with some concrete evidence?
# Would you care to define what YOUR "Moral high ground" is, plz?
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 9-Sep-2019 21:14 Message #4751756
But arguments that are well thought out and encourage thoughtful engagement are never a bad thing.

When did we last see one of those?
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 9-Sep-2019 21:24 Message #4751765
Hey im not trying to be all pink and fluffy like .but hey lifes to short for agravastion .have a larf be happy .smile .be kind .you can still have different opinions and debates .thats how we learn .i loves you peeps (:
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 9-Sep-2019 21:27 Message #4751768
block and you don't even know there are arguing.lol….
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 9-Sep-2019 21:35 Message #4751774
G2B wants to know how we can tell if we are blocked?

Where are you all?

Hiero I may be out of shape, very rude of you to say so.
Whats your problem Hiero?
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 9-Sep-2019 21:46 Message #4751780
You don't impress me with your faux concern for the site and it's members.
You are just as bad as others on here with your argumentative posts and I include myself in that - I'm simply giving as good as others are giving and if you don't like my posts, I suggest you avoid or block me.
I don't have a problem so please don't concern yourself....
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 9-Sep-2019 22:05 Message #4751788
I gave a lighthearted reply....and the MP at the end was in reference to Monty Python....

I took it that nothermits reply to me was lighthearted also....but if not...never mind...
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 9-Sep-2019 22:06 Message #4751790
eurostar 9-Sep-2019 21:27
block and you don't even know there are arguing.lol…. (sic)

It's been suspected for a long time that there was an active, in-active Ostriche/s Club, membership associated with this Forum. One of its Whips / Whipper-ins has confirmed it.
Looking at the Whip's Whimpering appeal, it seems that, like the PConP, it is haemorrhaging membership from a punctured artery.
A take-over bid is in the offing?
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 9-Sep-2019 22:22 Message #4751796
It would make sense to block someone who was posting complete drivel or posts designed to annoy or upset .. why would anyone want to see such rubbish? It’s not as if the person blocking would be missing out on anything.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 9-Sep-2019 22:28 Message #4751800
WTF G2B!

Hiero, its just a bit of fun.

Right now that's out of the way, is that all you've got!!
Mr Quiet Quite right.
TW good response, enjoy your bath.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 9-Sep-2019 23:10 Message #4751813
I've tried all sorts of threads and posts over the last few years....mainly lighthearted, trivial, easy going....I've tried to put some humour in....but really nobody seems interested...

As soon as I step out of line, then wham bam, everyone's disgusted, they can't wait to have a go, especially my haters, but others as well..

I raised in a thread a while back about some who toes the line most of the time and then steps out for a little while, gets a worse reputation than someone is is out of line most of the time, but steps back in line for a short while...

If anyone was to check my threads and postings, they would see a high percentage of the lighthearted, trivial, easy going stuff.....and a small percentage of confrontational...I would say at least 90%/10% but nobody seems to take much notice of the lighthearted stuff....the threads I raise often fail to get a few posts...Nobody seems to want them...They seem a waste of time and effort....It's alright coming on after some arguments and saying they want fluffy stuff and no arguing....but they don't seem to want anything else either....

I've tried and failed with the humour and the trivia....I know it's probably not that good, but its wasted it seems...

I expect I will be getting kicked off now anyway....I've named and shamed publicly and sworn as well...and people are baying for my blood...

At least it's one way out....there's another thread about how do you get out....

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »