Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Silly little things that give pleasure

Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 9-Sep-2019 13:53 Message #4751667
I am sure you will all think I am a bit loopy or eccentric but I was thinking about the silly things that give pleasure. My one at the moment, is that I am so looking forward to the new Aldi opening within a mile from here in 2 weeks. The nearest other one and Lidls, are about 5miles and the other side of the town, which take ages to get thru traffic and roadworks & lights. It will be so good to just be able to nip down the hill to get there. I even laugh when I think about it.

The other thing is having a really good crop of tomatoes and cucumbers. I have given so many away, friends are fed up with it, but I have enjoyed giving to them.... lol simple pleasures

What silly things are giving you pleasure at the moment.
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 9-Sep-2019 14:16 Message #4751670
Repairing things! I lost the washer in my hose pipe fitting (tap end). I was told I had to buy the whole fitting (£12.99), Hmmm...
I managed to buy a pack of rubber washers for £1 and bingo! One fitted. Job done!

Oh and finding lost things that have been missing for ages!

RbP
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Sep-2019 17:43 Message #4751686
I picked over 7lbs of blackberries and have given away at least half of the jars of jam I made from them.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Sep-2019 20:16 Message #4751734
Looking out of my window always makes me smile.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 9-Sep-2019 20:26 Message #4751740
Just before dinner I went to pick some apples & blackberries (crumble tonight) and for the first time ever, I saw a red squirrel. I didnt think they were this far South east yet. But there it was , sitting on the fence on the edge of the sandschool about 50' away. I thought it was a toy at first and actually threw an apple towards it, it fled then so I wished I hadnt - good job my aim is bad !
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 9-Sep-2019 20:31 Message #4751742
My small (HUGE) pleasure is the fact that the co-op shop has moved from the centre of the village to a larger shop on the main road.
Less rubbish in the village, less broken bottles and empty drink cans thrown over the fence in my and the neighbours garden ,less half eaten rubbish stuffed in bushes , less chewing gum on the pavement and also less youngsters hanging about late at night ! BLISS !
if it means that I miss occasionally the fact that I can not buy a bottle of milk for my morning tea at 9.30 p.m so be it!
Leogirl.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 9-Sep-2019 21:20 Message #4751761
I have a new Shark hoover and its transformed my outlook on hoovering. I now look forward to it and the little light on the front showing the way.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 9-Sep-2019 21:29 Message #4751769
hmmmm, a silly little thing that makes me smile?...……………..really victorianna that's so personnel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lil.lol.lol.lol
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 9-Sep-2019 21:32 Message #4751773
Ive been smili g today from me posh room in addenbrookes .ive lost 7lb .in weight wooohooo on me veggie and mars bar diet lol .its truly amazing .because .at the last count ive taken 34 pills .thats without pain meds and injections .lol .ill be twiggy when i get out lol ...so happpyyy
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 9-Sep-2019 21:35 Message #4751775
Hey rachele .are you hinching with mrs hinch with ya new shark hoover lol
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 9-Sep-2019 23:15 Message #4751816
I’m not that keen joolsy lol lol.
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 10-Sep-2019 01:41 Message #4751821
Good-willed people:)
Coming out of Cambridge Services today it was cool and raining and I was looking forward to getting home. Just as I was about to speed away, I noticed a note tucked into my windscreen wipers. "Great", I thought, " Who's complaining about what, now? Or has someone damaged my car?". In fact some one had bothered to write a note to let me know that my rear tyre was deflating. They said they'd noticed it had gone down considerably from when they'd gone in to when they came out, and wanted to warn me in case I didn't know. I hadn't noticed and would have driven off to probably get stuck on the small country road home. As it was, I called AA, and sat having a coffee while I waited. The guy had to put it on the trailer to get me and the car home, and said I'd have destroyed the tyre and probably damaged the wheel if I had have driven on it. As it is it can be repaired.
How nice that those anonymous people noticed and bothered to write that note.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 10-Sep-2019 04:44 Message #4751823
Raach, I was the same when I got my Hettie pet.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 10-Sep-2019 09:19 Message #4751845
((Hugs)) for Joolsy. You are a credit to us all, I feel humble when I hear how you are having to go through so much. I wish I could be more comforting to you my love......((((more hugs)))))

You are the proof that there are so much more important things in this world than Brexit, politics, money and the price of 'fish & tatars'
V x

Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Sep-2019 09:51 Message #4751848
Ya so right victoria my lovely .its made me very humble you no
.as there are so many people worse orf than me .lots love victoria and everyone ..mmmmm wondering if i should get a shark or a hetty .me old henry id 14 yrs old lol
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 10-Sep-2019 11:35 Message #4751872
The sound of oyster catchers calling to each other and curlews.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 10-Sep-2019 11:59 Message #4751874
The smile on my new granddaughter’s face.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »