Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Do you have a favourite comedian?

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 8-Sep-2019 15:55 Message #4751469
What type of humour makes you laugh?
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 8-Sep-2019 17:50 Message #4751503
Tim Vine in small doses makes me laugh. I like Sean Locke and David Mitchell when they appear on Would I Lie To You. I prefer panel show type humour to stand up.
Male
Withgoodintent  Male  North Yorkshire 8-Sep-2019 18:00 Message #4751505
Lee Mack is very quick witted.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 8-Sep-2019 18:43 Message #4751516
mrs brown. and recently lost voice guy
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 8-Sep-2019 18:47 Message #4751518
For years Eddie Izzard, but he's gone all serious and lost something in recent times...
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 8-Sep-2019 22:37 Message #4751568
I appreciate comedians who are actually funny which is becoming a rarity these days. I don’t like the crude, swearing, satirical ones poking fun at people generally and can’t see how that can be funny.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 8-Sep-2019 23:23 Message #4751582
Too many to mention...I've done threads and posts in the past about my love of comedy...and I've gone on and on and on...

There are ones for all different occasions...Some current favourites have already been mentioned, Lee Mack and Sean lock...and there's a couple of really funny American ones Bill Burr and Norm Macdonald...non PC at times, but really funny, in my opinion.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 9-Sep-2019 07:26 Message #4751594
I tend to have a favourite comedian but soon get fed up and move on to a different choice. Dave Allen and Lee Mack have been consistently funny. I’ve not found many female comediennes funny but there’s not so many to choose from.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 9-Sep-2019 08:05 Message #4751595
Some female ones who I find really funny are Catherine Tate with all her fantastic characters, and Diane Morgan with hers, especially Philomena Cunk...

And then there were the sadly passed away Caroline Aherne and Victoria Wood, both brilliant...
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 9-Sep-2019 08:26 Message #4751597
I loved Victoria Wood, and still like Julie Walters (The waitress sketch if anyone remembers it).

Lenny Henry too.
Female
KatieBubbles  Female  West Sussex 9-Sep-2019 21:45 Message #4751779
Jokes are less funny that situations when it comes to laughing. I laugh at daft things. I quite liked Victoria Wood.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 9-Sep-2019 23:06 Message #4751812
I don't. Much to my surprise, I found Mrs Brown hilarious. I married into an Irish family and they go the Irish humour off to an absolute tee.
I really struggle with stand up. It rarely makes me laugh. Michael McIntyre is quite clever and amusing, but he hasn't made me laugh yet.
The programmes on TV that have made me laugh are Red Dwarf and Coupling and HIGNFY.
But for absolute belly laughs, you can't beat Tom Cruise in anything. Mission Impossible and Minority Report were hilarious. Though I'm not sure if they were meant to be. I watched them at the cinema with my friend and the rest of the audience weren't sniggering anywhere near as much as we were.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 10-Sep-2019 11:25 Message #4751869
Danny Bouy a Scots comedian, who has the ability to make almost anythiing funny. Although honestly I don't watch that much comedy any more as I find most of not funny, I still love QI though. Michael MacIntyre I used to like but he's turned to that uncomfortable type of humour that I dislike, I don't like his show at all. I loved Victoria Wood, her comedy was so gentle and when she wrote things like Dinner Ladies, the humour seemed to fit so well into normal conversation, it didn't feel set up and contrived like that of so many sit coms. I rarely watch Mrs Brown and I don't know why because I always laugh at it, its so absurd, I used to love Father Ted too.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 10-Sep-2019 12:52 Message #4751883
Micky Flanagan I like his observation stories, he can be a bit blue so if your easily offended don’t watch, but I find him very funny.

Female
Cautious1954  Female  Berkshire 10-Sep-2019 13:32 Message #4751895
I like Micky Flanagan he has the ability to say outrageous things without being offensive.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 10-Sep-2019 13:35 Message #4751896
He can be funny and rude....I love it.....His 'shits abroad' routine and his neighbour/peeping one are hilarious...and most of his other stuff....
Male
Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire 10-Sep-2019 19:48 Message #4751945
Dave Allen was one of the greats.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 10-Sep-2019 21:21 Message #4751958
I like Michael McIntyre, Russell Brand, and a few others, whom I can't think of just now.

Needless to say Billy Connolly will always be the best in my eyes! Grew up watching him from a young age!
Female
Sea  Female  Essex 10-Sep-2019 21:30 Message #4751963
Not really into stand up comics. The only one that I ever used to like was Ken Dodd, as his humour did seem to make me laugh. I prefer it when people say something witty in private conversation, or use more subtle humour.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 12-Sep-2019 06:19 Message #4752147
I watched a Ross Noble clip last night and I laughed out loud a few times. Lol.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 12-Sep-2019 07:56 Message #4752154
I used to like Dave Allen, but I met him at a dinner party (many years ago) and he was so boring , I went right off him. I am not too into Stand up comedians' and I really dislike all the swearing. It seems that some of them cannot get a laugh unless they Eff & Blind all the time. I thought the Royle Family show was quite funny though.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 12-Sep-2019 10:52 Message #4752185
Ross Noble's brilliant, he's quite surreal and comes out with all sorts of random stuff.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 12-Sep-2019 16:15 Message #4752208
Some more to throw into the pot...Peter Kay, Kevin Bridges and Rhod Gilbert..

...and a bit controversial at times....Sacha Baron Cohen.....some of his characters are very clever....how he is able to keep it together is amazing...a very talented performer...
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 12-Sep-2019 18:41 Message #4752228
Rhod Gilbert yes, but Peter Kay no, theres just something about him that sets my teeth on edge and I've never heard fo the other one. I used to like Ali G, but hs other incarnations have been to cringe making for my taste.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 13-Sep-2019 12:11 Message #4752374
i have to put the subtitles on for kevin bridges...but still dont rate him.

p.kay is a favourite, both as stand up and acting, i loved max and paddy's road to nowhere.

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »