Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Feeling grateful...

...and that was a surprise

Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 4-Sep-2019 18:47 Message #4750883
WooHoo! LO's been discharged after all the months and long evenings (sometimes into the night) sitting in helping care under "John's Campaign". I'm really touched because the staff on Ward 18 at Fairfield General Hospital bought her a beautiful miniature orchid and a lovely soft scarf. It was such a surprise because I've never known it done before. I've uploaded a pic of the orchid to my profile to show that there are still kind souls out there.
Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 4-Sep-2019 21:14 Message #4750921
That's lovely, bris

I hope things settle down a bit for you both now x
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 9-Sep-2019 21:50 Message #4751782
Aaah bris your amazing my lovely friend .in the next bed to me in ward b4 i was quantined .there was a lady called barbera .she had dementia the sadest thing she new .she told me so many stories about her life as evacuee in war times .yet couldnt remember her son comi g twice daily .she got so anxious .that he didnt care .i had to tell him to write her a little note .it broke my heart some nites as she was so afraid .we became friends and i pass me notes to her from me quarantine bed .she said doint forget me jools .i said barb how can i ever forget you .you made me smile showing your catherter bag straped to your ankle .she giggled x
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 9-Sep-2019 21:51 Message #4751783
Aaah bris your amazing my lovely friend .in the next bed to me in ward b4 i was quantined .there was a lady called barbera .she had dementia the sadest thing she new .she told me so many stories about her life as evacuee in war times .yet couldnt remember her son comi g twice daily .she got so anxious .that he didnt care .i had to tell him to write her a little note .it broke my heart some nites as she was so afraid .we became friends and i pass me notes to her from me quarantine bed .she said doint forget me jools .i said barb how can i ever forget you .you made me smile showing your catherter bag straped to your ankle .she giggled x
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 9-Sep-2019 21:52 Message #4751784
Woopsi pressed buttons again lol

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »