Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Thank you A Man Called Chiog.

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Female
KatieBubbles  Female  West Sussex 25-Aug-2019 08:29 Message #4749585
I wrote a private message to Chiog but thought my feelings worthy of an airing on here. Throughout all the turmoil and when the forum is quiet I always feel a sense of well-being when I see Chiog’s posts on such a variety of subjects which are not controversial and even the ones I don’t respond to I like seeing what others have to say.
There are plenty of other members who’s posts I enjoy reading too.

I think the membership is too small to have meaningful discussions on serious subjects as so few posters contribute to these and even after the short time I’ve been a member it becomes easy to know those few opinions and what will be said.

Anyway I hope this doesn’t become controversial but I don’t see why it should.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Aug-2019 08:55 Message #4749590
Lovely post Katie. I agree 100%.
Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 25-Aug-2019 11:01 Message #4749614
Thank you Katie you kind words are appreciated.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 28-Aug-2019 07:11 Message #4749844
What would we do without you sir.

:)
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 28-Aug-2019 07:20 Message #4749847
I've said it before and I'll say it again...... the man, the legend know as CHIOG keeps the blood pumping in the veins of this place.

I agree completely with what KatieBubbles said.

Hooray for CHOIG
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 28-Aug-2019 08:24 Message #4749851
Good variety of subjects....gets people adding their bit....
Female
Mumsie  Female  Warwickshire 28-Aug-2019 09:41 Message #4749853
Keep posting and helping in keeping us alive CHIOG
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 28-Aug-2019 20:13 Message #4749938
How nice of you to mention it Katie, you are so right.

Keep up the good work CHIOG.

V xx
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 28-Aug-2019 22:37 Message #4749963
KatieBubbles 25-Aug-2019 08:29 = Anyway I hope this doesn’t become controversial but I don’t see why it should.

As if anything you write could be considered controversial

KatieBubbles West Sussex 22-Aug-2019 16:45 Message #4749298
Cowardly cyber warriors hurling insults and writing racist and homophobic posts. When the two guys who were trolling every day were confronted about the abuse they were making out it is their politics which nobody likes not the fact they are abusive.
6 member(s) rated this excellent
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 28-Aug-2019 22:56 Message #4749965
There you go again. You can’t stop yourself can you. Every post has to be critical and nasty and complaining.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 28-Aug-2019 22:56 Message #4749966
I wrote a private message to Chiog but thought my feelings worthy of an airing on here. Throughout all the turmoil and when the forum is quiet I always feel a sense of well-being when I see Chiog’s posts on such a variety of subjects which are not controversial and even the ones I don’t respond to I like seeing what others have to say.
There are plenty of other members who’s posts I enjoy reading too.

I think the membership is too small to have meaningful discussions on serious subjects as so few posters contribute to these and even after the short time I’ve been a member it becomes easy to know those few opinions and what will be said.

Anyway I hope this doesn’t become controversial but I don’t see why it should.

Well said Katie.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 29-Aug-2019 00:18 Message #4749972
HotOrWot Sex icon 28-Aug-2019 22:56
There you go again. You can’t stop yourself can you. Every post has to be critical and nasty and complaining.

Don Quixote rides again exhibiting his paternalistic nature.
"I have to defend these poor helpless ladies who haven't got the wit to defend themselves" he protested.
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 29-Aug-2019 05:12 Message #4749978
Hey whats making you so angry all the time .why cant you be nice and show kindness .stop the nastyness .smile .lifes a beautiful thing .doint spoil it by being hateful .love joolsy
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 29-Aug-2019 05:16 Message #4749979
Wa ves at chiog .i fink ya brill .loves ya threads x

Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 29-Aug-2019 06:45 Message #4749983
Joolsy,

With no detraction from the positivity of Chiogs posts, Katiebubbles mentioning and implications of certain comments initiated any negatively.

It's very odd that if anyone defends such a prompt it is they who are deemed to be the troublemaker.
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 29-Aug-2019 06:46 Message #4749984
I don't know why HotorWot is angry and reactionary all the time
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 29-Aug-2019 07:01 Message #4749987
I’ve never seen anger in HotOrWots posts. I see him in a constant battle with the two trolls who have been in the forum for some time now making inappropriate and person remarks to other members. They have made racist and homophobic posts. They have added their venom to a number of posts such as this one and the one about terminal illnesses to name just two which should never have resulted in any adverse comments. In all the years I’ve been on this site I have not come across trolls as nasty or as persistent as these two. They are spoiling the forum for genuine members and I know many have blocked them but such action shouldn’t be necessary.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 29-Aug-2019 07:22 Message #4749992
When I see the usual flurry of threads from Chiog I know they will always be one or two which I find particularly interesting.
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 29-Aug-2019 10:55 Message #4750009
Can i just say i was not refering to hot or wot .but the man who keeps being nasty he nos who he is .sorry for tbe misanderstandi ng..joolsy
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 29-Aug-2019 11:02 Message #4750011
Ive just looked back .lol with my seei g eye .a nd ive replyed to the guy above me .im not one 2 block .but i may consided it soon .hope this clears thi gs up .i like hot or wot i enjoy his posts .joolsy x
Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 29-Aug-2019 11:19 Message #4750016
Thanks again one and all.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon 6-Sep-2019 08:48 Message #4751136
I look forward to Chiog’s posts.
Male
Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire 6-Sep-2019 12:29 Message #4751153
joolsy Essex29-Aug-2019 05:12 Message #4749978
Hey whats making you so angry all the time .why cant you be nice and show kindness .stop the nastyness .smile .lifes a beautiful thing .doint spoil it by being hateful .love joolsy

The theories of Piaget and Vygotsky provide the base for views of the development of the cognitive ability in humans. They may be mapped onto Maslow's hierarchy of Needs and in turn onto Bloom's Cognitive Taxonomy
For reasons, which are possibly contentious, some humans progress thru the lower levels of Maslow's hierarchy - the Deficiency needs (D-needs) to the higher levels of Growth or Being needs (G-needs or B-needs).
Failure to progress beyond D-needs into the region of G-needs blocks access to the tools needed for what Maslow called "Self Actualization" (... a person who is living creatively and fully using his or her potentials.) And an inability to reach much beyond Bloom's "Knowledge" level never mind "Evaluation".
One of the characteristics of those who have broken thru the barrier between D and G-needs is:
(They) are able to judge situations correctly and honestly. They are very sensitive to the fake and dishonest, and are free to see reality 'as it is'.
Which links into Bloom's findings:

Bloom offers what may be a suitable alternative to those unable to progress up the Cognitive ladder:
The affective domain (emotion-based)
Skills in the affective domain describe the way people react emotionally and their ability to feel other living things' pain or joy.
Tho' many hit a barrier when they reach:

Organizing
They can put together different values, information, and ideas, and can accommodate them within his/her own schema; the subject is comparing, relating and elaborating on what has been learned.

I wish you LUCK in your progress along your ladder to Self-Actualization - even tho' at the moment your particular ladder seems to be flat on the ground and Ouroboros like.
Female
Cautious1954  Female  Berkshire 6-Sep-2019 12:49 Message #4751155
Good2BWith you must be the most negative poster I have ever come across. No matter how positive a thread is you want to change it. I sometimes suspect that you are playing a game.
Male
Neros1954  Male  Devon 7-Sep-2019 23:30 Message #4751382
Sometimes when the forum is quiet I hope for one of Chiog’s visits with a few new threads.

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »