Conversation Help and Advice
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Car accident repairs

Female
Siesta09  Female  Essex 18-Aug-2019 09:16 Message #4748995
Hi my car was hit recently (it was parked in a street and the other driver very honestly left a note). The other driver wanted to go through the insurers. Anyway I collected it yesterday and it looked good, but now home it looks like the replacement panel doesn't fit very well - there is a bigger gap between the wing and bonnet compared to the other side and now I am aware of if it I am surprised I didn't notice it at the repairers , so really cross with myself. Should I be expecting it to look perfect or is it really tricky to line up the parts exactly? In other words am I making a fuss over something that is tricky to rectify 100%?
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 18-Aug-2019 09:59 Message #4748998
Yes, definitely, if you are not satisfied with the repairs, take it back.
Is it the replacement panel that doesn't fit, or the bonnet lid? If it is the lid, it might just be a simple adjustment.
There are all kinds of things that happen to cars when they get smacked, and other bits get bent out of shape that you can't see. The impact doesn't have to be that hard. So it is possible that they haven't fixed everything that they ought to have done.
I was shunted in the back at the traffic lights once and there wasn't a mark on the outside of the car, but the floor pan in the boot had rippled up and there was quite a bit of damage to the underneath of the car that you could only see when the car was on a ramp.
I would be inclined to take it back and see what the garage says first. If you have no joy, contact the insurers.
In the meantime, do you have a tame mechanic who could put it on a ramp and have a look at the the ca from underneath?
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 18-Aug-2019 18:52 Message #4749048
What Minnie said.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »